Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 52,890 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Charging issues wired

Tip us?

anoymonos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Default Charging issues wired

Has anyone had any issues while Charging with the cable that came with phone?(yes I've tried others) My issue is phone Will charge to 88% and stop but says still Charging. It Will Not increase unless I dissconnect and reconnect cable. Then it Will only go up 5% . I have to repeat this 5 times to achieve a full charge. I spoke with a tmobile tech and he told me it could be because I have certain apps like showbox and Google now launcher, really never had this issue before. This began even before i rooted phone. Any suggestions? Phone is stock with root and exposed but problem began before root remember so don't blame exposed, never dropped or touched liquid.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

Toneman07
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoymonos View Post
Has anyone had any issues while Charging with the cable that came with phone?(yes I've tried others) My issue is phone Will charge to 88% and stop but says still Charging. It Will Not increase unless I dissconnect and reconnect cable. Then it Will only go up 5% . I have to repeat this 5 times to achieve a full charge. I spoke with a tmobile tech and he told me it could be because I have certain apps like showbox and Google now launcher, really never had this issue before. This began even before i rooted phone. Any suggestions? Phone is stock with root and exposed but problem began before root remember so don't blame exposed, never dropped or touched liquid.

I would swap/warranty exchange that phone. I only charge my phone with it turned off, but it fully charges every time. We have 3 LG G3s in the household and none have ever done this. It sounds like the battery may be bad though.

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 814
No problem here

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

anoymonos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
It actually worked after I removed them apps and put them back on but now it's borked again

Toneman07
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoymonos View Post
It actually worked after I removed them apps and put them back on but now it's borked again

You stated it was doing this before root. Was it also before these apps? Have you tried a factory reset to see if it corrects the issue?

anoymonos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
I got it out of the box with the issue. When I put in my Gmail it automatically loaded them apps. I talked to tech, removed the apps in question and it worked. Rooted about a week and still worked, removed tmobile bloat still worked. All of a sudden with nothing new added in weeks my problem has returned. Also have done factory reset with no luck

Toneman07
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Pretty much sounds like a hardware malfunction