FORUMS

Mysterious GG1 Google Device Stops by FCC. Glass v2?

As the year progresses, we draw further away from Google’s annual I/O … more

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Charging issues wired

515 posts
Thanks Meter: 79

By anoymonos, Senior Member on 3rd September 2014, 12:44 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Has anyone had any issues while Charging with the cable that came with phone?(yes I've tried others) My issue is phone Will charge to 88% and stop but says still Charging. It Will Not increase unless I dissconnect and reconnect cable. Then it Will only go up 5% . I have to repeat this 5 times to achieve a full charge. I spoke with a tmobile tech and he told me it could be because I have certain apps like showbox and Google now launcher, really never had this issue before. This began even before i rooted phone. Any suggestions? Phone is stock with root and exposed but problem began before root remember so don't blame exposed, never dropped or touched liquid.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

3rd September 2014, 05:47 PM |#2  
Flag Henderson
Thanks Meter: 81

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoymonos

Has anyone had any issues while Charging with the cable that came with phone?(yes I've tried others) My issue is phone Will charge to 88% and stop but says still Charging. It Will Not increase unless I dissconnect and reconnect cable. Then it Will only go up 5% . I have to repeat this 5 times to achieve a full charge. I spoke with a tmobile tech and he told me it could be because I have certain apps like showbox and Google now launcher, really never had this issue before. This began even before i rooted phone. Any suggestions? Phone is stock with root and exposed but problem began before root remember so don't blame exposed, never dropped or touched liquid.

I would swap/warranty exchange that phone. I only charge my phone with it turned off, but it fully charges every time. We have 3 LG G3s in the household and none have ever done this. It sounds like the battery may be bad though.
3rd September 2014, 05:54 PM |#3  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 844

More
No problem here

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
3rd September 2014, 06:25 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
It actually worked after I removed them apps and put them back on but now it's borked again

3rd September 2014, 06:34 PM |#5  
Flag Henderson

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoymonos

It actually worked after I removed them apps and put them back on but now it's borked again

You stated it was doing this before root. Was it also before these apps? Have you tried a factory reset to see if it corrects the issue?
4th September 2014, 01:40 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
I got it out of the box with the issue. When I put in my Gmail it automatically loaded them apps. I talked to tech, removed the apps in question and it worked. Rooted about a week and still worked, removed tmobile bloat still worked. All of a sudden with nothing new added in weeks my problem has returned. Also have done factory reset with no luck

4th September 2014, 05:45 AM |#7  
Flag Henderson

Donate to Me
More
Pretty much sounds like a hardware malfunction
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread