[Q] Complicated Contacts question

OP eladasul

29th August 2014, 11:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi All!

This is a rare question as it only comes relevant to very few people and consists of 2 parts. Easier part first,

I have tried to search and almost no one cared for this issue. Here is the thing, if you use stock android like Nexus 5 or Motorola Moto G, or even GS5, you can lookup a contact no matter if you write his last name before his first name. Meaning let's say have a John Doe on my phone, I can look up the following

John
Doe
John Doe
Doe John

Now ALL of the above would work on other devices that I mentioned but NOT on the G3! On the G3 if you look up the latter (Doe John) the device will indicate that no such person exists!

Now to the really complicated problem,
I have more than 10K contacts, and some of them are complicated foreign names. For example "Aschendorf", I am needing a solution for the fact that I do not always remember the correct spelling. Meaning I would want the device to fetch the contact even if I write "Achendorf" (missing s) or "Achendorph" and so on and so forth.

Any idea how to overcome these 2 issues?

Thanks!
29th August 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #2  
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY
Thanks Meter: 945

3,184 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eladasul

Hi All!

This is a rare question as it only comes relevant to very few people and consists of 2 parts. Easier part first,

I have tried to search and almost no one cared for this issue. Here is the thing, if you use stock android like Nexus 5 or Motorola Moto G, or even GS5, you can lookup a contact no matter if you write his last name before his first name. Meaning let's say have a John Doe on my phone, I can look up the following

John
Doe
John Doe
Doe John

Now ALL of the above would work on other devices that I mentioned but NOT on the G3! On the G3 if you look up the latter (Doe John) the device will indicate that no such person exists!

Now to the really complicated problem,
I have more than 10K contacts, and some of them are complicated foreign names. For example "Aschendorf", I am needing a solution for the fact that I do not always remember the correct spelling. Meaning I would want the device to fetch the contact even if I write "Achendorf" (missing s) or "Achendorph" and so on and so forth.

Any idea how to overcome these 2 issues?

Thanks!

Looked up both ways and it works.

AWESOME G3

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

I gonna have to say in part of that as long as you get the first 3 letters of the name either first or last you should be able to find it

AWESOME G3
29th August 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #3  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 3,111

11,536 posts
More
Man is the q&a section locked ?
30th August 2014, 11:20 AM   |  #4  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,156

9,653 posts
Donate to Me
More
Please post questions in the Q&A section.

Thread moved
30th August 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

Please post questions in the Q&A section.

Thread moved

Sorry did not know how to do this the right way am new here, thanks for moving the thread to the right place.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread