Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 50,610 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dock icons

Tip us?

anoymonos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Default Dock icons

If you long press on the dock icons it allows you to change the icon(stock launcher) with a poor assortment of choices. My questions is how can we add more and better ones.

ggrant3876
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoymonos View Post
If you long press on the dock icons it allows you to change the icon(stock launcher) with a poor assortment of choices. My questions is how can we add more and better ones.
Try some of the free icon packs in the Play Store, the reason I say free is I'm not sure they will work with the stock launcher. I'm using an alternative launcher and have change all of my icons.

Note 3 - DARTHSTALKER NOTE3 ☆ | VERSiON 7
LG-G3 Rooted TWRP'ed
NotePro 12.2 64Gb

spierce617
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
Try some of the free icon packs in the Play Store, the reason I say free is I'm not sure they will work with the stock launcher. I'm using an alternative launcher and have change all of my icons.
In using a alternative launcher are you able to use the Knock On to turn the device on?

johnomaz
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoymonos View Post
I got some PNG files with a transparent background and replaced the phone icon. Works just fine. I've got my eye out for some nice ones for all other icons. I wish there was a faster way to change them but I'm happy with being able to do it in the first place.

jmerchant
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by spierce617 View Post
In using a alternative launcher are you able to use the Knock On to turn the device on?
I have Nova launcher and the Knock On works, the Knock Off only works if you tap the notification bar - I think it's the same for 3rd party launchers, but I dunno for sure...
we have an interloper...
G3 D851

ggrant3876
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by spierce617 View Post
Sorry for the late reply as I been on vacation. Yes I can use the knock feature with an alternative launcher.

Note 3 - DARTHSTALKER NOTE3 ☆ | VERSiON 7
LG-G3 Rooted TWRP'ed
NotePro 12.2 64Gb