NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Dock icons

OP anoymonos

5th August 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 78

495 posts
If you long press on the dock icons it allows you to change the icon(stock launcher) with a poor assortment of choices. My questions is how can we add more and better ones.
5th August 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #2  
Wichita Falls, Texas
Thanks Meter: 61

765 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoymonos

If you long press on the dock icons it allows you to change the icon(stock launcher) with a poor assortment of choices. My questions is how can we add more and better ones.

Try some of the free icon packs in the Play Store, the reason I say free is I'm not sure they will work with the stock launcher. I'm using an alternative launcher and have change all of my icons.
6th August 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 16

73 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrant3876

Try some of the free icon packs in the Play Store, the reason I say free is I'm not sure they will work with the stock launcher. I'm using an alternative launcher and have change all of my icons.

In using a alternative launcher are you able to use the Knock On to turn the device on?
6th August 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 35

225 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoymonos

I got some PNG files with a transparent background and replaced the phone icon. Works just fine. I've got my eye out for some nice ones for all other icons. I wish there was a faster way to change them but I'm happy with being able to do it in the first place.
6th August 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 14

154 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spierce617

In using a alternative launcher are you able to use the Knock On to turn the device on?

I have Nova launcher and the Knock On works, the Knock Off only works if you tap the notification bar - I think it's the same for 3rd party launchers, but I dunno for sure...
10th August 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #6  
Wichita Falls, Texas
Thanks Meter: 61

765 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spierce617

Sorry for the late reply as I been on vacation. Yes I can use the knock feature with an alternative launcher.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread