Flashing different carrier's roms

Search This thread

cuongfucius

Aug 14, 2014
Hey guys, since T-Mobile has unlocked bootloader, are you guys able to flash other carriers roms like at&t?

I'm only asking because im on an AT&T model, but eventually want to flash T-Mobile roms once our bootloader is unlocked for wifi calling.

TheJesus

Nov 12, 2010
High Point, NC
Hey guys, since T-Mobile has unlocked bootloader, are you guys able to flash other carriers roms like at&t?

I'm only asking because im on an AT&T model, but eventually want to flash T-Mobile roms once our bootloader is unlocked for wifi calling.

It would require some tweaking, but in the base idea, yes, they're all the same (with different radios and likely different kernels). You'll want to just wait a little bit and have devs port to the other models. However, your goal of getting wifi calling likely won't work. Maybe I've been out of the loop, but last I checked the app registers your phone number with the T-Mobile network so it knows where to forward calls/texts to. So it more than likely won't work for AT&T/Verizon. I believe Sprint has it now, but same method.

Reactions: cuongfucius

cuongfucius

Aug 14, 2014
It would require some tweaking, but in the base idea, yes, they're all the same (with different radios and likely different kernels). You'll want to just wait a little bit and have devs port to the other models. However, your goal of getting wifi calling likely won't work. Maybe I've been out of the loop, but last I checked the app registers your phone number with the T-Mobile network so it knows where to forward calls/texts to. So it more than likely won't work for AT&T/Verizon. I believe Sprint has it now, but same method.

hi sorry, i left out a big important detail. I'm on t-mobile lol. so it would work for me. This is my first lg phone, and i've been on many other phones where we can easily cross flash carriers without the need of porting the roms. I was under the impression that the at&t model was slightly different? i should revisit that again just to be sure.

I was hoping if there was any hard evidence or experience that someone did flash an at&t rom without any hiccups. That'll mean we can do it vice versa.

Thanks for the info.

dbh369

Nov 4, 2007
Philadelphia
I'd be careful, there are probably significant differences, you can't use a vz phone on tmo network.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

dbh369

Nov 4, 2007
Philadelphia
Vz runs a cdma network for voice and data, t-mobile runs gsm. Some phones can do both, eg Verizon's world phones, but by no means all of them. YMMV

pluginre

Mar 25, 2011
Dallas
www.888Pugin8.com
I have flashed a Verizon rom on my T-Mobile phone and almost everything worked fine. You'll need to adjust the apn and delete Bluetooth apn as it fc. The OP stated that he will most likely make a patch to fix the problems

Reactions: unciviilized

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have flashed a Verizon rom on my T-Mobile phone and almost everything worked fine. You'll need to adjust the apn and delete Bluetooth apn as it fc. The OP stated that he will most likely make a patch to fix the problems