Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Free upgrade to 3GB data per line. Anyone try it lately?

OP sn0warmy

15th August 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver, CO
Thanks Meter: 893

2,031 posts
More
A while back (like 2 years ago) someone discovered that if you call into T-Mobile and simply ask to have your 1GB of data upgraded to 3GB of data at no extra charge, they would do it on the spot. Sure enough, after word got out on XDA about it, many of us called in and successfully had them upgrade us to 3GB per line at no additional charge (would normally be another $10/month per line).

Last year we changed our plan to become contract free. However, I was unaware that this initiated the $10/month per line for the 3GB of data so I got rid of the extra data after a couple of months passed with neither of us using more than about .5GB each. Unfortunately, my fiance and I are now using more of our data and keep hitting our cap with about 2-3 days left in the month. So I was thinking about calling and trying to get the 3GB free again.

Before I do this I wanted to see if anyone else had any recent experience with this or discovered another secret or promotion that help to get more data without paying more. Yes, I know I'm being cheap but I don't want to pay another $20/month when we both barely use over 1GB each as it is and they don't offer a 1.5GB or 2GB option.
16th August 2014, 12:12 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 29

107 posts
How many lines are in your account?

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app
17th August 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bothell, Washington
Thanks Meter: 218

1,028 posts
I too would like to know if this is possible. I have 2 lines my wife has the unlimited data with 5gb of mobile hotspot for $30 and I have the 1gb data for $0. I just went over

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Premium HD app
18th August 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 29

107 posts
If you have 4 lines or more you can get 2.5 gb of days for free till 2016. It's the new 10 gigs if data for $100.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app
19th August 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver, CO
Thanks Meter: 893

2,031 posts
More
Sorry for the delayed response to the posts. I have 2 lines on the account. So that 4 line option won't work for us, unfortunately.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread