How to create roms

OP jimmydee62

5th August 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17

94 posts
I'm interested in learning what tools I need and any guides to teach me how to create roms for my LG G3. Can anyone here help me out with this?
5th August 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #2  
Flag Haverhill MA
Thanks Meter: 833

2,909 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydee62

I'm interested in learning what tools I need and any guides to teach me how to create roms for my LG G3. Can anyone here help me out with this?

If you can't even search Google to find your answers, I'm sorry to say I think you might fail at creating ROMs
5th August 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 492

1,347 posts
More
Quote:

This is a good place to start. A lot of good information.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...utmk=193504046

Quote:
Originally Posted by shook187

If you can't even search Google to find your answers, I'm sorry to say I think you might fail at creating ROMs

Useless post, just delete it, don't be another dick on XDA for no good reason.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th August 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

94 posts
You dont know me
Quote:
Originally Posted by shook187

Please do me a favor keep your opinions about me to your self you don't know the first thing about me In the past I was a programmer using Pascal and basic which I created programs to test PCB's So I do know how to program just not android. I did google but I probably didn't phrase it right so didn't find the exact info I was looking for. As far as I'm concerned you are being rude and judgemental so the way I see it is in your best interest to keep your opinions to your self.
5th August 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

94 posts
Thanks for the info Semantics am looking at it now.
6th August 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 201

864 posts
I wish you the best, hoping to see a creation by you in the near future 👍
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IXChicharitoXI For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #7  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 493

707 posts
More
@Semantics @IXChicharitoXI way to have a supportive attitude. We need more of that around here
The Following User Says Thank You to beats4x For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

94 posts
Thanks for the support it will be awhile since I have to learn everything from the bottom up.
6th August 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #9  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 532

912 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for the support it will be awhile since I have to learn everything from the bottom up.

Best way to start it by cooking your own personalized stock ROM. Learning as you go is a great way to retain that knowledge. After you get the hang of that move on to aosp. A lot of the same principles will carry over. Don't let haters get you down, I saw a guy post in the hacking and development section asking how to do something. He got lit up with insults but went on to do some really cool stuff. I didn't see this in actual time I was just curious about his othere projects and ran into it. One tip I would say is do not depend on kitchens. They work for a quick shortcut to get your stock ROM started but that's about all they are good for (they don't even work with this phone). Good luck!
7th August 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #10  
OP Member

94 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagel

Best way to start it by cooking your own personalized stock ROM. Learning as you go is a great way to retain that knowledge. After you get the hang of that move on to aosp. A lot of the same principles will carry over. Don't let haters get you down, I saw a guy post in the hacking and development section asking how to do something. He got lit up with insults but went on to do some really cool stuff. I didn't see this in actual time I was just curious about his othere projects and ran into it. One tip I would say is do not depend on kitchens. They work for a quick shortcut to get your stock ROM started but that's about all they are good for (they don't even work with this phone). Good luck!

Yes I want to do it right but everywhere I look I see people doing work with the kitchen software which I have tried on one of the stock rooted deodexed roms I found here and your right very limited. I will keep looking and reading hopefully I will find some guides on the net which will show me how to do what I want to do. When I programmed before one of my friends helped me learn how to do it and I did learn from the bottom up with his help. So I know it is possible just need assistance getting there.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread