Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 46,716 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to? T-Mobile LG D851 G3 Hide Top Status Bar

Tip us?

Apache0c
Old
(Last edited by Apache0c; 25th August 2014 at 12:59 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Question [Q] How to? T-Mobile LG D851 G3 Hide Top Status Bar

I think it's silly that LG has given us this big beautiful screen and diminishes it's full glory by not easily allowing you to hide the top status bar. I am pleasntly supprised about the fact that they let you hide the home navigation bar on the bottom. Love that.

So getting to work, how do we hide the top status bar in the same way as the bottom bar with a swipe to activate on demand?

So far on my quest I have done the following:
  1. Placed the phone in developer mode and allowed USB debuging. Described here in the a PurpleDrake how to guide that I used: http://www.droidviews.com/root-and-i...le-lg-g3-d851/
  2. PurpleDrake: Rooted, Installed TWRP, Disable LG Security. http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmob...lg-g3-t2821005
  3. Installed Xposed Framework http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...gelog-t2714053
  4. Installed G3 TweaksBox and activated the module in the Xposed Framework https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...weaksbox&hl=en

I have searched and searched google, xda and all the phone settings looking for an easy way to hide the status bar. What am I missing? Can someone please help? I hope this will benefit a lot of people. Thanks
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." - Tyler Durden

HTC HD2>>HTC Sensation>>Nokia 521>>LG D851 G3

dagod80
Old
Thanks Meter 46
If you download gravity box module for xposed you can put the phone in expanded desktop mode which will hide the status bar

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

Apache0c
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagod80 View Post
If you download gravity box module for xposed you can put the phone in expanded desktop mode which will hide the status bar

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app
Is that just for the homescreen view or all the time? I'm looking to hide it while in applications. The same way the home nav bar at the bottom hides. Thanks
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." - Tyler Durden

vvveith
Old
Thanks Meter 87

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb I use ADB launcher to get the job done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache0c View Post
Is that just for the homescreen view or all the time? I'm looking to hide it while in applications. The same way the home nav bar at the bottom hides. Thanks
ADB Launcher allows you to hide the notification bar and create a bottom drawer where you can use folder editor to put in category Icons that when pressed open up a slideable selection bar to select programs stored under that icon. Everything is neat and tidy on mine. No wasted screen space.

Asus Transformer Prime/LG G3/Samsung Note 3
Stock Radio latest version
Latest Samsung Update
SanDisc SD 32G Class10

Apache0c
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvveith View Post
ADB Launcher allows you to hide the notification bar and create a bottom drawer where you can use folder editor to put in category Icons that when pressed open up a slideable selection bar to select programs stored under that icon. Everything is neat and tidy on mine. No wasted screen space.
Thanks. More that I play with the phone, the more I realize that I actually just want the web browser to go full screen. Just need the status bar to hide when browsing. Don't really want to install an aftermarket launcher.

Apache0c
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
For other people's benefit, in case anyone else finds this thread that wants to use their phone's full screen. I found a solution that seems to fit the bill. I'm using an app called full!screen that says it's for tablets but seems to work almost perfectly https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...llScreen&hl=en
It has a pie menu included so you don't even need the pie app.