Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 41,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can I install a nandroid backup from another phone.

Tip us?

Nate Rules
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Can I install a nandroid backup from another phone.

Hi guys, I just got a phone replacement and I was wondering if I could take a TWRP backup form my old phone and install it onto my new phone? And if that isn't ok, is a Titanium backup ok?

dreamsforgotten
Old
Thanks Meter 2,556

DONATE TO ME
Twrp backup, I wouldn't. Titanium backup I've done plenty of times. It has the potential to go wrong as well so keep a backup of where you're at beforehand
I quit school because of recess...they play too much
"I find it kinda funny....Find it kinda sad....That the dreams in which im dying...Are the best I've ever had..."
-Gary Jules
If you want to learn to develop, check out http://dreamsforgotten.androidninjas.com.

Fixed lol..Fixed for real this time!
Look out for your devs PayPal is appreciated.

Learn to Theme: Includes links to the next guide at bottom
The Following User Says Thank You to dreamsforgotten For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

qbanlinxx
Old
Thanks Meter 185
I've done it several times on my nexus 5,never done it on the G3. No issues on Twrp, just make sure you don't restore the EFS...
The Following User Says Thank You to qbanlinxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aclegg2011
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Probably wouldnt reccomend a twrp recovery. Titanium backup is fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to aclegg2011 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 830
No to twrp.

AWESOME G3
LG G3 D851 BAD ASS
The Following User Says Thank You to BACARDILIMON For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zcgofaster
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Is it possible to open a nand on a computer and pull data from it? Like if i were to lose my phone, could i take a nand that's been backed up on my computer and pull the pictures off of it?

m3lover1
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcgofaster View Post
Is it possible to open a nand on a computer and pull data from it? Like if i were to lose my phone, could i take a nand that's been backed up on my computer and pull the pictures off of it?
Nandroid doesn't back up anything on the sdcard, internal or external. It only backs up your rom and apps and system settings. So any files you downloaded, pictures/videos you took, will be gone if you lose your phone and didn't back it up yourself either to another computer or to the cloud.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
Google Nexus 5
ROM: MultiROM v19
ROM 1: Paranoid Android Beta4
ROM 2: Ubuntu Touch
Kernel: franco.Kernel r33testv2

Nexus 7 (Flo)
ROM: Stock 4.4.2
Kernel: franco.Kernel r9

Past Devices: Sony Ericsson K790a | Palm Treo 650 | Apple iPhone | Apple iPhone 3G | Apple iPhone 3GS | HTC EVO 4G | Samsung Epic 4G | HTC EVO 3D | HTC EVO 4G LTE | Apple iPhone 5 | LG Nexus 4 | Sony Xperia Z | HTC One | LG G2 | Sony Xperia Z1
The Following User Says Thank You to m3lover1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nate Rules
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Thanks for the help guys. I just did the Titanium backup and it all went well as far as i can tell. Still makes for an easy transition.

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,944
Please post questions in the Q&A thread

Thread moved

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.