Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 49,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LED Gmail problem

Tip us?
 
dekadent
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2010
Question [Q] LED Gmail problem

Got phone yesterday, T-mobile G3 D851, so far have one major issue - LED notification doesn't work for Gmail. It works for Twitter, missed phone calls, text messages, but Gmail is dead, I have to wake up phone every time I want know if I have new mail. My previous phone is G2, still have it, no such problems. I searched G3 settings, left no stone unturned, nothing. Google search brings only one result from xda-devs where poster complains about same issue, but the thread is short, no one gives him a good advice, and it's not clear which G3 he has, EU, ATT, Tmobile or etc.

The lack of outcry on the web makes me think that it's just me and the phone has to be exchanged. If you can, please confirm my worst fears or tell me how to fix this.

Tnanks a bunch.
 
beats4x
Old
#2  
beats4x's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 221
Posts: 468
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sacramento
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekadent View Post
Got phone yesterday, T-mobile G3 D851, so far have one major issue - LED notification doesn't work for Gmail. It works for Twitter, missed phone calls, text messages, but Gmail is dead, I have to wake up phone every time I want know if I have new mail. My previous phone is G2, still have it, no such problems. I searched G3 settings, left no stone unturned, nothing. Google search brings only one result from xda-devs where poster complains about same issue, but the thread is short, no one gives him a good advice, and it's not clear which G3 he has, EU, ATT, Tmobile or etc.

The lack of outcry on the web makes me think that it's just me and the phone has to be exchanged. If you can, please confirm my worst fears or tell me how to fix this.

Tnanks a bunch.
I've yet to check for gmail, but it doesn't work for hangouts for me.

Sent from my G3
 
Semantics
Old
#3  
Semantics's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 1,261
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekadent View Post
Got phone yesterday, T-mobile G3 D851, so far have one major issue - LED notification doesn't work for Gmail. It works for Twitter, missed phone calls, text messages, but Gmail is dead, I have to wake up phone every time I want know if I have new mail. My previous phone is G2, still have it, no such problems. I searched G3 settings, left no stone unturned, nothing. Google search brings only one result from xda-devs where poster complains about same issue, but the thread is short, no one gives him a good advice, and it's not clear which G3 he has, EU, ATT, Tmobile or etc.

The lack of outcry on the web makes me think that it's just me and the phone has to be exchanged. If you can, please confirm my worst fears or tell me how to fix this.

Tnanks a bunch.
I can confirm that notifications work in Gmail on my phone, both sound and green flashing LED.
 
dekadent
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2010
Default thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
I can confirm that notifications work in Gmail on my phone, both sound and green flashing LED.
Do you have stock non-rooted T-moble D851 ?

How long ago did you get it ?

Thanks.
 
Semantics
Old
#5  
Semantics's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 1,261
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekadent View Post
Do you have stock non-rooted T-moble D851 ?

How long ago did you get it ?

Thanks.
Yeah, root isn't available yet, I'm on stock rom. I got it on Friday the 11th. Are messages getting pushed to your phone? Check label settings in your gmail tabs and make sure notifications are checked. They weren't for me initially.
 
dekadent
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
Yeah, root isn't available yet, I'm on stock rom. I got it on Friday the 11th. Are messages getting pushed to your phone? Check label settings in your gmail tabs and make sure notifications are checked. They weren't for me initially.
It works now, your advice helped. Turns out Gmail doesn't have separate check box for LED notification, just checkboxes for vibration/sound which aslo affect LED. LED frequency is slow, but at least I know my G3 is not defective. Thank you.
 
Semantics
Old
#7  
Semantics's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 1,261
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekadent View Post
It works now, your advice helped. Turns out Gmail doesn't have separate check box for LED notification, just checkboxes for vibration/sound which aslo affect LED. LED frequency is slow, but at least I know my G3 is not defective. Thank you.
Glad to help, and glad it worked out for you.
 
raw2000j
Old
#8  
raw2000j's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 150
Posts: 1,138
Join Date: Aug 2007
I use bluemail for gmail now

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Blast Those Flags with Knock the Flags

Lately, we have seen a rather drastic shift in the world of mobile device gaming. The infamous Angry … more

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more