Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,906 Members 42,693 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Messaging App

Tip us?

webfrm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default [Q] Messaging App

Hey is there a way to modify the default messaging app so it won't break up messages after 160 characters? I don't text folks on CDMA networks so that limitation is dumb and makes my messag es look stupid . I really use the individual themes feature on the default app (prevents me from texts to the wrong person) so I'm open to suggestions of another messaging app (with individual themes too) that I can use to replace it. But if it could be hacked to make the 160 character break up stop I'd prefer doing that first.
Phones
8125 (Paper weight)
TOUCH PRO (Drawer Dust bunny)
NEXUS ONE (kids toy)
GALAXY S II
LG G3

Semantics
Old
Thanks Meter 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by webfrm View Post
Hey is there a way to modify the default messaging app so it won't break up messages after 160 characters? I don't text folks on CDMA networks so that limitation is dumb and makes my messag es look stupid . I really use the individual themes feature on the default app (prevents me from texts to the wrong person) so I'm open to suggestions of another messaging app (with individual themes too) that I can use to replace it. But if it could be hacked to make the 160 character break up stop I'd prefer doing that first.
I think you can change a setting to send messages longer than 160 characters as MMS instead of SMS.
The Following User Says Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tidbits
Old
(Last edited by Tidbits; 24th August 2014 at 12:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 70
What Semantic says. You can find it in the MMS section of settings. Found an interesting setting while I was looking for myself. You'll see it in the screenshot at the bottom...

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Tidbits For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CheesyNutz
Old
Thanks Meter 3,048
Is the Q&A section broke or locked down ?
Copy Cloud storage https://copy.com?r=cgXMEB
DropBox Cloud storage http://db.tt/UnygTbN