Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,421 Members 39,155 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Power Button/Response

Tip us?

trebills
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default Power Button/Response

I think when holding the power button down the time it takes for the power menu to popup is too long. Like 2 seconds too long. Anyone know of a way to change this?

00dahc
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I just timed it.

It takes EXACTLY 2 seconds for the menu to come up.

So it's 2 seconds too much for you? Would you like the menu to come up instantly so that you have no option to turn your screen off with the power button?

Curious.

kurtis.austin2
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I think it's just fine. Literally takes 2-3 seconds. Don't see why you would need it shorter

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

partylikeaninjastar
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Compared to how long it takes on my previous Nexus 5 phone, it does feel too long.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to partylikeaninjastar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trebills
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00dahc View Post
I just timed it.

It takes EXACTLY 2 seconds for the menu to come up.

So it's 2 seconds too much for you? Would you like the menu to come up instantly so that you have no option to turn your screen off with the power button?

Curious.
Thanks for timing it. Since it's exactly 2 seconds then it is about 1.2 seconds too long. I too came from nexus and its defiantly too slow.

aquariuz23
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Based on other android phones I've used, like nexus 5, gs3, lg nitro HD, etc, the delay LG has set on the G3's power button does feel a bit longer, I'd say a second longer. Is it a big deal? definitely not, but to those who are accustomed to a faster response time and probably because they use the power button for certain things, then yes, the longer delay does feel too long. I personally would like the stock android delay, which I think is only 1 second.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

Motorola Atrix 4G > Unlocked BL!! > GingerBlur 2.3.4 > Navalynt's Mod (v1.4) > Tenfar's CWM Recovery Mod > CM7

LG NITRO HD P930 >> Root via SuperOneClick v2.3.2 >> Bytecode64's CWM v.5.** >> KernelPan!c's v0.3
The Following User Says Thank You to aquariuz23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SystemErrorOne
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquariuz23 View Post
Based on other android phones I've used, like nexus 5, gs3, lg nitro HD, etc, the delay LG has set on the G3's power button does feel a bit longer, I'd say a second longer. Is it a big deal? definitely not, but to those who are accustomed to a faster response time and probably because they use the power button for certain things, then yes, the longer delay does feel too long. I personally would like the stock android delay, which I think is only 1 second.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app
im sure someone is going to come out with an xposed module to fix this delay. I surely hope so
Press Thanks If I Helped