How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

SD Card Not Mounting

OP stevew84

30th July 2014, 02:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 236

2,705 posts
More
64GB Gskill SDXC card which is brand new doesn't mount in my G3...while it mounts in my S5 no problem. Another SD card i have doesn't mount in my G3 either.

BUT

If i use some disk partition apps, the card is recognized and I can reformat/delete/create, all that stuff. Bottom line is that it doesn't mount (option to mount is grayed out in settings).

Not sure what's going on, nothing is physically damaged but something is for sure going on.
30th July 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 125

361 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew84

64GB Gskill SDXC card which is brand new doesn't mount in my G3...while it mounts in my S5 no problem. Another SD card i have doesn't mount in my G3 either.

BUT

If i use some disk partition apps, the card is recognized and I can reformat/delete/create, all that stuff. Bottom line is that it doesn't mount (option to mount is grayed out in settings).

Not sure what's going on, nothing is physically damaged but something is for sure going on.

If you changed the DPI by editing the build.prop, I and others have experienced the same problem.
30th July 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

2,705 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchino

If you changed the DPI by editing the build.prop, I and others have experienced the same problem.

Wow really? Well that would include me, I'll try a fresh ROM and see what's up.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app
30th July 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 125

361 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew84

Wow really? Well that would include me, I'll try a fresh ROM and see what's up.

You don't need to reflash, you can either change it back to 640 or use App Settings in Xposed and change com.android.systemui. That seems to work as expected as long as you don't go below 530. Check out the DPI thread in this forum.
30th July 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

2,705 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchino

You don't need to reflash, you can either change it back to 640 or use App Settings in Xposed and change com.android.systemui. That seems to work as expected as long as you don't go below 530. Check out the DPI thread in this forum.

Thanks, but no dice. I'm going to try a fresh install.

EDIT: Got it working, installed fresh ROM and didn't touch the DPI, going to lower DPI and see if I can cause the same problem.

Last edited by stevew84; 30th July 2014 at 03:44 PM.
30th July 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #6  
Flag Occupied Chicago
Thanks Meter: 103

132 posts
More
Last night, I deleted a line from build.prop. I reboot the phone and no sd card all of sudden. TWRP recognized it, but not Android. Scratching my head, I spent some time troubleshooting. When comparing the edited file to a backup, I realized the Solid Explorer Text Editor was displaying a limited amount of characters or lines. When I saved the file after the edit, it excluded a bunch of lines from the bottom of the build.prop file. Obviously, some of those lines were related to the sd card.

I only mention this in case others run into the same issue.
30th July 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

2,705 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cablespider

Last night, I deleted a line from build.prop. I reboot the phone and no sd card all of sudden. TWRP recognized it, but not Android. Scratching my head, I spent some time troubleshooting. When comparing the edited file to a backup, I realized the Solid Explorer Text Editor was displaying a limited amount of characters or lines. When I saved the file after the edit, it excluded a bunch of lines from the bottom of the build.prop file. Obviously, some of those lines were related to the sd card.

I only mention this in case others run into the same issue.

Yea, thanks, changed DPI again and same issue happened...dirty flashed ROM and SD card showed back up. (changing DPI back doesn't bring SD card back)

Going to try and change DPI with xposed and see what happens.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread