Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 52,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SD Card Not Mounting

Tip us?

stevew84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
Default SD Card Not Mounting

64GB Gskill SDXC card which is brand new doesn't mount in my G3...while it mounts in my S5 no problem. Another SD card i have doesn't mount in my G3 either.

BUT

If i use some disk partition apps, the card is recognized and I can reformat/delete/create, all that stuff. Bottom line is that it doesn't mount (option to mount is grayed out in settings).

Not sure what's going on, nothing is physically damaged but something is for sure going on.

kchino
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew84 View Post
64GB Gskill SDXC card which is brand new doesn't mount in my G3...while it mounts in my S5 no problem. Another SD card i have doesn't mount in my G3 either.

BUT

If i use some disk partition apps, the card is recognized and I can reformat/delete/create, all that stuff. Bottom line is that it doesn't mount (option to mount is grayed out in settings).

Not sure what's going on, nothing is physically damaged but something is for sure going on.
If you changed the DPI by editing the build.prop, I and others have experienced the same problem.

stevew84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchino View Post
If you changed the DPI by editing the build.prop, I and others have experienced the same problem.
Wow really? Well that would include me, I'll try a fresh ROM and see what's up.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

kchino
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew84 View Post
Wow really? Well that would include me, I'll try a fresh ROM and see what's up.

You don't need to reflash, you can either change it back to 640 or use App Settings in Xposed and change com.android.systemui. That seems to work as expected as long as you don't go below 530. Check out the DPI thread in this forum.

stevew84
Old
(Last edited by stevew84; 30th July 2014 at 02:44 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchino View Post
You don't need to reflash, you can either change it back to 640 or use App Settings in Xposed and change com.android.systemui. That seems to work as expected as long as you don't go below 530. Check out the DPI thread in this forum.
Thanks, but no dice. I'm going to try a fresh install.

EDIT: Got it working, installed fresh ROM and didn't touch the DPI, going to lower DPI and see if I can cause the same problem.

Cablespider
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Last night, I deleted a line from build.prop. I reboot the phone and no sd card all of sudden. TWRP recognized it, but not Android. Scratching my head, I spent some time troubleshooting. When comparing the edited file to a backup, I realized the Solid Explorer Text Editor was displaying a limited amount of characters or lines. When I saved the file after the edit, it excluded a bunch of lines from the bottom of the build.prop file. Obviously, some of those lines were related to the sd card.

I only mention this in case others run into the same issue.

stevew84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cablespider View Post
Last night, I deleted a line from build.prop. I reboot the phone and no sd card all of sudden. TWRP recognized it, but not Android. Scratching my head, I spent some time troubleshooting. When comparing the edited file to a backup, I realized the Solid Explorer Text Editor was displaying a limited amount of characters or lines. When I saved the file after the edit, it excluded a bunch of lines from the bottom of the build.prop file. Obviously, some of those lines were related to the sd card.

I only mention this in case others run into the same issue.
Yea, thanks, changed DPI again and same issue happened...dirty flashed ROM and SD card showed back up. (changing DPI back doesn't bring SD card back)

Going to try and change DPI with xposed and see what happens.