5,815,265 Members 39,495 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any untouched T-Mobile LG G3 ROM's out there?

Tip us?

ThePagel
Old
(Last edited by ThePagel; 23rd August 2014 at 03:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarg0604 View Post
I didn't get much of it, as I am still getting used to flashing ROM's. I have no idea what a nandroid is, efs or how to use a boot.img. At the most, I have been flashing zip's and kzd's on the computer. I was just assuming SOMEONE out there has had to make a G3 T-Mobile ROM so far. I mean, its been out for a while. I wouldn't mind being a a guinea pig if someone was to make a port, worse case scenario I can just boot into recovery and wipe/backup, right?
Ill tell you what go into twrp and make a backup (nandroid) and make sure efs (imei) is selected if it is not a option Ill find you a update zip that will make a efs backup for you. I can wip something up quick and you can test it if you feel comfortable doing that. It is 9:38 pm here I can have it slapped together by 10:30 as long as I keep it easy on the beer.
ADB Only (Windows)
ADB Only (Linux) <-- Plus instructions

Blarg0604
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagel View Post
Ill tell you what go into twrp and make a backup (nandroid) and make sure efs (imei) is selected if it is not a option Ill find you a update zip that will make a efs backup for you. I can wip something up quick and you can test it if you feel comfortable doing that. It is 9:38 pm here I can Have it slapped together by 10:30 as long as I keep it easy on the beer.

Wow, you'd really do that? Thanks! Are you just merging the Wifi calling with Cloudy's ROM, or what's your plan?

ThePagel
Old
(Last edited by ThePagel; 23rd August 2014 at 03:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Wow, you'd really do that? Thanks! Are you just merging the Wifi calling with Cloudy's ROM, or what's your plan?
Nope I am going to compare cloudy's rom to my rom (the lonely rom) and see what needs to be changed. I am assuming the reason he had so many problems is because He used the international g3 system. I would bet almost nothing is going to need to be changed. Tell me when your backup is made. you should copy it to your pc to be doubly safe.

*edit*
you need loki so it might be a little longer than I had originally stated but not much.
ADB Only (Windows)

Blarg0604
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Nope I am going to compare cloudy's rom to my rom (the lonely rom) and see what needs to be changed. I am assuming the reason he had so many problems is because He used the international g3 system. I would bet almost nothing is going to need to be changed. Tell me when your backup is made. you should move it to your pc to be doubly safe.
All good here, backed up to my PC as well. I didn't know The Lonely ROM had Wifi Calling, I didn't see it anywhere in the features or changelogs.

ThePagel
Old
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
All good here, backed up to my PC as well. I didn't know The Lonely ROM had Wifi Calling, I didn't see it anywhere in the features or changelogs.
I didn't add it because it is for the most part pure t mobile stock and anyone on a t mobile g3 would just assume it has it.
ADB Only (Windows)

Blarg0604
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I didn't add it because it is for the most part pure t mobile stock and anyone on a t mobile g3 would just assume it has it.
I see a lot of "stock" ROM's that don't have Wifi Calling for T-Mobile, my bad. The Lonely ROM is only for the G3, right? I would imagine it wouldn't be flash-able on my G2, right?

ThePagel
Old
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I see a lot of "stock" ROM's that don't have Wifi Calling for T-Mobile, my bad. The Lonely ROM is only for the G3, right? I would imagine it wouldn't be flash-able on my G2, right?
It is a G2 port as of now but I am quadruple checking my changes. With these changes will come a new name and it will be for the t-mobile g2 only. Cloudy's rom didn't have anything special that I could see (didn't look into camera yet and when I do it will be my own work) so I just added loki to my build and the proper boot.img and some build prop edits. I will pm you with a link for the rom. you did make a efs backup right? It is very important you do this first.
ADB Only (Windows)

Blarg0604
Old
(Last edited by Blarg0604; 23rd August 2014 at 05:14 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
It is a G2 port as of now but I am quadruple checking my changes. With these changes will come a new name and it will be for the t-mobile g2 only. Cloudy's rom didn't have anything special that I could see (didn't look into camera yet and when I do it will be my own work) so I just added loki to my build and the proper boot.img and some build prop edits. I will pm you with a link for the rom. you did make a efs backup right? It is very important you do this first.
EFS Backup is made, and stored on my Internal Storage and Computer. Wow, this is amazing. Thank you! Also, I need to flash a 4.4.2 Baseband with the ROM, correct?

ThePagel
Old
(Last edited by ThePagel; 23rd August 2014 at 05:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
EFS Backup is made, and stored on my Internal Storage and Computer. Wow, this is amazing. Thank you! Also, I need to flash a 4.4.2 Baseband with the ROM, correct?
doing that couldn't hurt but if you already flashed it you wont need to do it again

its uploading how about we resume this tomorrow I got really tired in the past 20 minutes probably the beer alcohol always makes me sleepy.
ADB Only (Windows)

Blarg0604
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
doing that couldn't hurt but if you already flashed it you wont need to do it again

its uploading how about we resume this tomorrow I got really tired in the past 20 minutes probably the beer alcohol always makes me sleepy.

Sure, Just PM me the file whenever it's done uploading. Thanks again!