Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,344 Members 53,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wireless charging full battery behavior

Tip us?

s_special
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Is my problem a isolated issue? I don't get much feedback from G3 owners

sweets55
Old
Thanks Meter 343
What battery app are you using to see that it disconnects and starts charging again when full. Do you charge the phone when you sleep? Can you charge the phone some before you sleep and then when you wake up? I'm thinking it would take a year + before you have any battery issues if any at all. I think it's software related and who knows if and when it gets fixed. If it bothers you that much why even use wireless charging?

s_special
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweets55 View Post
What battery app are you using to see that it disconnects and starts charging again when full. Do you charge the phone when you sleep? Can you charge the phone some before you sleep and then when you wake up? I'm thinking it would take a year + before you have any battery issues if any at all. I think it's software related and who knows if and when it gets fixed. If it bothers you that much why even use wireless charging?
First I use lightflow to show my charging/charged led indication. Second my actual wireless charger has a led charging /not charging indicator.

All abnormal behavior compared to my nexus 5

Charsher47
Old
Thanks Meter 48
This happened to me once but it wasn't while the battery was full. I turned off the phone and took the battery out and after it restarted it hasn't happened again since.
[Phone] LG G3
[ROM/Kernel] SkyDragon G3

[Tablet] Sony Xperia Tablet Z
[ROM/Kernel] PAC-man 4.4.4 Nightlies