Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 54,991 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[app]aosp messaging[7-26-14]

Tip us?
 
wellsey1126
Old
#21  
wellsey1126's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 256
Join Date: Nov 2011
Small issue. I wanted to change the conversation background to a custom image. Anytime i select a picture. The app force closes. Any idea?
 
justen7723
Old
#22  
justen7723's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,751
Posts: 2,381
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: toledo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsey1126 View Post
Small issue. I wanted to change the conversation background to a custom image. Anytime i select a picture. The app force closes. Any idea?
Change it from your gallery app and not the photos app.
The Following User Says Thank You to justen7723 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wellsey1126
Old
#23  
wellsey1126's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 256
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by justen7723 View Post
Change it from your gallery app and not the photos app.
You are awesome. Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to wellsey1126 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MrMattV2
Old
#24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 20
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haro912 View Post
It won't send mms over WiFi though

Same here I would really like to use this app, but don't wanna commit to flashing it without the mms over WiFi capability. Is there annnnyy idea, insite, suggestion on how to fix this or what might need to be done? I miss this app and hate stock messenger app on g3.

ANY INFO PLEASE AND THANKYOU:]
THANK YOU TO ALL DEVS.
Im not on here enough to thank you all. But i appreciate everything you all have to offer.
 
kvanzuijlen
Old
#25  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 43
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Utrecht
Doesn't work on D855
 
siraltus
Old
#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 375
Posts: 888
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMattV2 View Post
Same here I would really like to use this app, but don't wanna commit to flashing it without the mms over WiFi capability. Is there annnnyy idea, insite, suggestion on how to fix this or what might need to be done? I miss this app and hate stock messenger app on g3.

ANY INFO PLEASE AND THANKYOU:]
Only the stock LG Messaging app is capable of sending SMS/MMS via T-Mobile's WiFi Calling because it hooks into the IMS framework that WiFi Calling uses.

Any other apps can only send SMS/MMS over the cellular connection, they're not written to access the WiFi Calling/IMS framework.
 
Harmtan2
Old
#27  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 84
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraltus View Post
Only the stock LG Messaging app is capable of sending SMS/MMS via T-Mobile's WiFi Calling because it hooks into the IMS framework that WiFi Calling uses.

Any other apps can only send SMS/MMS over the cellular connection, they're not written to access the WiFi Calling/IMS framework.
I can't even get the stock messaging app to send mms over wifi.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app
 
siraltus
Old
(Last edited by siraltus; 23rd August 2014 at 02:13 PM.)
#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 375
Posts: 888
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmtan2 View Post
I can't even get the stock messaging app to send mms over wifi.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app
Must be your phone or WiFi router, works fine here.
The Following User Says Thank You to siraltus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Harmtan2
Old
#29  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 84
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraltus View Post
Must be your phone or WiFi router, works fine here.
Any settings that you know of to help fix it?

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app
 
The Apostle
Old
#30  
The Apostle's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 432
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Saint Louis
Nice work.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes