Customizing the Stock Quickcircle Case Watchfaces

OP kscasper13

15th August 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thanks Meter: 63

210 posts
More
So i've made several watchfaces for my Pebble and my Gear, and as soon as i saw the Stock Quick Circle Watchfaces, i knew i wanted to make some. I've downloaded the LG SDK and am working on making my own faces. But for starters i wanted to modify the stock faces in Photoshop. So i thought i would share my progress

1st i had to find where the clocks are stored,

system/priv-app/LGAlarmClock.apk

open LGAlarmClock.apk in 7zip, and navigate to res/raw-xxxhdpi

now pick your stock watchface background that you want to modify.

I chose the black one. And since I'm a Louis Hamilton fan, i chose to drop in the Mercedes Petronas F1 team.
Mercedes F1 face

after you replace the stock .PNG file with the modified file. Use ES File Explorer, or any other Rooted file browser that lets you set individual permissions. Drop LGAlarmClock.apk back in sysem/priv-app. Change the permissions for the .apk to from rw-rw-r, to rw-r-r, Reboot.

The Results: (sorry, had to use my ****ty S3 cam)
Watchface shot

happy customizing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kscasper13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 07:28 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 114

390 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscasper13

So i've made several watchfaces for my Pebble and my Gear, and as soon as i saw the Stock Quick Circle Watchfaces, i knew i wanted to make some. I've downloaded the LG SDK and am working on making my own faces. But for starters i wanted to modify the stock faces in Photoshop. So i thought i would share my progress

I chose the black one. And since I'm a Louis Hamilton fan, i chose to drop in the Mercedes Petronas F1 team.
Mercedes F1 face

after you replace the stock .PNG file with the modified file. Use ES File Explorer, or any other Rooted file browser that lets you set individual permissions. Drop LGAlarmClock.apk back in sysem/priv-app. Change the permissions for the .apk to from rw-rw-r, to rw-r-r, Reboot.

Watchface shot

happy customizing

Any idea if the Quick Circle apk would work on non-LG devices? Love the Rolex Xposed watchface I saw someone made based off of your inspirations, and would like to try it on my HTC One m7.
The Following User Says Thank You to guy4jesuschrist For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #3  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 341

163 posts
Donate to Me
More
Great.
Looking forward to customize "raw-xxxhdpi"
Please let me know any design you want to Build I will helip in doing that including hangs and other meters.
Right now I am not rooted(will remain unrooted) will definitely try on mine.

Thanks
19th September 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #4  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hack_er4

Great.
Looking forward to customize "raw-xxxhdpi"
Please let me know any design you want to Build I will helip in doing that including hangs and other meters.
Right now I am not rooted(will remain unrooted) will definitely try on mine.

Thanks

im getting parsing error after following all the steps.
25th September 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #5  
Flag İzmir
Thanks Meter: 38

87 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscasper13

Mercedes F1 face

Watchface shot

happy customizing

Sadly nothing changed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread