Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

What the Difference between paid and free app

OP Hieron

19th July 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hi all.
Ive created a theme for GO Locker. There was nothing difficult but! i've faced a very strange problem!
I have two vertions of the theme. They are just the same except of color. The blue one is free. Ive published
it on Play market long ago and it works. And the red one is paid. As I've already said the
difference only in color of the pictures. The have absolutely identical structure, and the manifest file
is also the same except the name etc of course. I've published it on Play market as paid app
Ive tested my apps many different ways. Using Android emulators, using real phones with diferent veriosn fo android.
And everything workes fine!. But sudenly ive discovered that paid version after installation from Play market
says that file is broken or wrong!. Why? WTF!! So i've decided to explore the problem
I've just made my paid app free! And installed it again from Play marked. And it worked!
So what is the problem? What ive missed? I dont use any special features like in app purchase etc.
So what? Why while my app is paid it doesnt work, but after making it free it works?
19th July 2014, 09:33 AM   |  #2  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hieron

So what? Why while my app is paid it doesnt work, but after making it free it works?

Where are you from ? Do you have merchant account? Maybe your country does not support paid app publishing.
20th July 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmitrijsD

Where are you from ? Do you have merchant account? Maybe your country does not support paid app publishing.

Yes I have everything necessory. I used the same keystore for both can it be the reason?
22nd July 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #4  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hieron

Yes I have everything necessory. I used the same keystore for both can it be the reason?

Possibly
3rd August 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
I got the same thought as macaronlover. I published FREE and PAID versions on Google Play but with different keystores. They are working well. I am not sure you are allowed to change your keystore once you published your app on Google Play store.
The Following User Says Thank You to yapyeeleck For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #6  
Flag Jaipur

5 posts
Smile
According to me there is not a big deal, whether you launch your app as paid or free. May be you should be mailed to Google's Play store to find out the exactly problem behind this issue. It may be that Google's some filter has created the problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread