What the best framework for cross-platform?

Search This thread

MageSpider

Aug 3, 2016
Ahmedabad
If that’s the case for you, we’ve put together a list of the 10 best cross platform mobile development tools currently available.

- Xamarin
- Sencha
- PhoneGap
- Appcelerator Titanium
- Cocos2d
- Corona
- Unity 3D
- Corona
- Qt
- Alpha Anywhere
- 5App

All these tools have their own benefits and features. As per my opinion Xamarin is the best technology ever for building cross-platform mobile application

damponting44

Sep 30, 2016
PhoneGap is one of the best structure for cross stage versatile applications improvement. It is a free apparatus which can be utilized effectively. In conclusion if your application can work with more than one stage then you should utilize the PhoneGap.

tracer45

Oct 6, 2016
www.cheetahblaze.com
Unity For high level games

If you want to make games of the highest degree then unity3d definitely gets my vote.
If you want to create some top level characters for your games "blender" is an excellent program
to combine with it also.

damponting44

Sep 30, 2016
Tool #1: Sencha
Sencha is a tool that lets you develop your apps in HTML5.
Owned by Adobe, PhoneGap is a free resource that first-time app developers can use to translate code from HTML5, CSS, and JavaScript.

Cargo Cult

Oct 27, 2016
Cocos2dx and Unity are the best. They are well documented. There are plenty tutorials on how to use them. And there are plenty successful games made with them.

RaviMakhija

Feb 29, 2020
Rajkot
Cross-Platform App Development Frameworks

Top Cross-Platform App Development Frameworks in 2020
1) Ionic Framework
2) Xamarin
3) React Native
4) Adobe PhoneGap or Apache Cordova
5) Flutter

aalphasolutions

Nov 20, 2019
5 top Cross-Platform App Frameworks

There are many cross-platforms app frameworks existing, but there are those who are competitive and widely used. However, each one of them has some advantages and some disadvantages. Let us analyze the top 5 most competitive cross-platform app frameworks:
1. Flutter
2. Ionic
3. Xamarin
4. Adobe PhoneGap

In the current century, a lot of mobile app development keep increasing every other day. Approximately 1.8 million applications on the Apple App Store and 2.5 million applications are on the Google Play Store. This implies that the applications are expected to keep advancing in the years to come. Any app developer will prefer a cross-platform solution to ease the process of app development.

Systango Technology

Jul 1, 2020
Top Frameworks for Cross- Platform App Development

There are several frameworks available for cross-platform mobile app development. So far, in Systango, we worked on numerous cross-platform frameworks, and according to our experience, the top three frameworks for developing a cross-platform mobile app are Xamarin, Flutter and React Native. If you are looking for the top framework or tool for cross-platform development, hopefully, this answer will help you.

Flutter

Flutter is a cross-platform, open-source mobile application development framework. It is the newest framework amongst Xamarin, Flutter and React Native and it has gained a lot of popularity among front-end development.

React Native

Developed by Facebook, React Native is an open-source platform used for cross-platform app development.
It enables users to use React and JavaScript with native platform capabilities to build mobile applications.

Xamarin

Xamarin is an open-source, cross-platform mobile application development framework, founded in 2011, which makes it the oldest of the three.

We have prepared a comprehensice blog which includes proper analysis for all three frameworks.

sahilmobiloitte

Oct 24, 2020
best cross platform development platform

Many platforms are here with the help of which we can develop apps
Cross platform development platforms:- Ionic, React native, Xamarin, Phonegap, Native script, Flutter, PWA etc...You can use any one from all of them

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't think PhoneGap and Xamarin are good choice if you want to make games. Both are good frameworks for making Apps, but if you really want to dive deep into game development you need to use a game engine, which solves a lot more tasks specific for game development.

If you want some higher-level and more user friendly framework then you definitely should try Unity.

If you want more control or just like to work on a lower level and at least a little familiar with C++, then I'd suggest you to try Cocos2D-x.

If you have a Mac, plan to support iOS, and not afraid of Objective-C or the new Swift programming language, then take a look at Cocos2D-Swift (aka Cocos2D-iPhone). Despite the name you can use it to create games for both iOS and Android (via Apportable).

There are other good game engines. But I've only worked with those three I've mentioned (and even wrote a book about Cocos2D-Swift :) and several tutorials on Unity).
    What you didn't like about libGDX? It has great documentation and a friendly community. After trying a simple game tutorial on their wiki the framework doesn't seem at all complicated.

A great benefit to it is a desktop version for really fast testing or even releasing — Spine 2d skeletal animation tool was made by one of main libGDX developers using libGDX.

Also i tried to release the iOS version of the game with libGDX, which successfully got in AppStore.
    I've been trying LibGDX and Unity.

If you haven't created a game before, you should start with LibGDX or native, just to understand how things works.
    If you created a game before, you could take a look at Unity, it shorten a lot Development time and it's a things you should be aware of if you want to make your game rentable.

Good hints! I knew about Unity being pseudo-free, and had heard about Cocos2D-x, but I was not aware of libgdx. I'll definitely check it out...
    I tried to use libgdx and found out the its not user friendly at all. very complicated framework with no support at all.

I want to write games, that the highest level is AngryBirgds. (I'll start from something much simple).

what framework would you recommend?
    what do you think about Xamarin?

p.s
    I'm looking for a free framework that I can publish on Google Play

It depends on your preference for development language. The three most popular cross platform development environments are currently:

- Xamarin: C#
    - PhoneGap/Cordova: Javascript
    - Titanium/Appcelerator: Javascript
    You can use Qt for Android, iOS, and other platforms.

As the OP will be developing games, I would add V-Play to Qt. It takes care of all the scaffolding, ad-managing and other "details" that waste a lot of our time and lets you focus on the game development.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

I know only one thing about libgdx framework is most compatible to making differences between a common Windows/Linux application and an Android application.
    Xamarin Development is also good, this is a framework of PhoneGap. C# is the best language for xamarin app development.

Xamarin have some unique benefits

1- C# is a best programming language for xamarin run across these mobile platforms iOS, android and windows.
    2- Native performance which we cannot achieve through the use of other frameworks.
    3- Another advantage is API integration
    4- Sharing code between iOS, android and Windows is more easy in xamarin.
    5- cross platform development in xamarin effortless and smooth.

Choice is your what you choose.
    more information about xamarin development- Visit the page xamarin development in MetaDesign Solutions.

Hope you understand... :)

The problem with Xamarin is you only share the "core" of your code. For the UI, you will end up writing it once for each platform. Also, you will need to learn the specific APIs for each platform both for the low-level stuff and the UI stuff, which is not easy or quick.