XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Basic game framework

Tip us?

tripplemin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt Basic game framework

What Would a Basic Game Framework Contain? Like The Interfaces And Classes?

Regards,
Tripplemin

S0AndS0
Old
Thanks Meter 73

DONATE TO ME
That really depends on the game you're planing to make. Some games are no more than a dumbed down web browser and much of the play experience is nothing more than a mobile website with fancy pictures that 'hide' the fact that all the user is doing is hitting a glorified refresh button. Others are a bit more complex as they involve persistent tracking of events and rendering multiple layers and/or 3d canvases or objects. To further complicate things android can handle a bunch of languages and thus making a template for game creation that is definitive in detail would be rather difficult. Instead I would suggest trying out some packages that load custom or default templates for app and game creation. To list a few that work on Linux and Windows And if your willing to go through the process of installing one of those onto android then you can also use these there as well:

jMonkey - its very friendly, open source, well documented, made to make games for any java enabled device or computer. Best of all I can confirm that it can be made to be mobile so no pc required to develop apps or games; just debian kit, a linux distro and installing the java development tool kit before installing jMonkey it's self, just be sure to go to help and then to update within jMonkey right after your first opening from a fresh install to fix any bugs or error messages.

Blinder - steep learning curve, lots of tutorials out there for it, made to make games in a variety of formats and consoles or devices, works on Windows and Linux and I've yet to test whether or not it can run on an android linux hybrid environment. There are metric crap tons of content out there for building and predestined templates so hope you've a big hard drive.

I may edit this to add more as I rediscover them. Mostly I would suggest sitting down with a development tool kit and a program that handles the nitty gritty of setup and compiling so that you can get to the real task of making something new

Sent from either my SPH-D700 or myTouch3Gs
Debian Kit Install guide for all android devices that I'm writing:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2240397
Or
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...?usp=drive_web
Sent from: SPH-D700 or myTouch3Gs or Sero 7 Pro
Linux Install guide for Android devices that I'm writing:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2240397
Or
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...?usp=drive_web
And my script pack for installing; Java's JDK, node.js and more to your Linux OS
https://github.com/S0AndS0/Debian-Kit-Mods
Note: if you're new to Linux/scripting/command line; check readme file for instructions.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to S0AndS0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vesao
Old
Thanks Meter 2
All game engines should be able to handle game logic, user-input and graphics. Everything else depends on what you want to do with it. If you are planning to design a 2D game for mobile I recommend you to take a look at Corona SDK. Unity is the market leading game engine in 3D games for mobile and it works on PC/Mac/Chrome also.
The Following User Says Thank You to vesao For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KonHit
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Unity3d. Very simple and useful for beginners.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KonHit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

javamonkey
Old
Thanks Meter 6
AndEngine is also a good option.
The Following User Says Thank You to javamonkey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hypnotriod
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by javamonkey View Post
AndEngine is also a good option.
Yes, very good thing!

apautrot
Old
Thanks Meter 25
LibGDX is much much better than AndEngine.

LostByte
Old
Thanks Meter 0
+1 for AndEngine

Matewek
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Vouch for AndEngine, but be aware, that is has NO documentation - instead it has really rich examples project, and helpful community. At beginning its bit hard to understand everything, but as always, no pain no gain. If you need help, you might check my blog about andengine, it has over 80 articles, covering a lot of subjects - since I am new member, and can not share links yet, for reference you can type matim development tutorials in google.
The Following User Says Thank You to Matewek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BubblizZ
Old
Thanks Meter 2
You should try LibGDX. It has tons of features and is, imo, easier to use than AndEngine.

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app