Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,479 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL] ADB Data Recovery (recover data from a phone with broken screen)

Tip us?
 
FuzzyMeep Two
Old
(Last edited by FuzzyMeep Two; 5th May 2014 at 06:39 PM.) Reason: New Version
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
Posts: 98
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern NH

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [TOOL] ADB Data Recovery (recover data from a phone with broken screen)

**UPDATE**
NEW VERSION

Another user was having issues because he had an emulator installed, so I updated the file to give you the choice between an emulator, or device. I intend to update further to allow you to check for and select an individual device, that will come soon..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently my Galaxy s2's screen smashed, and, after replacing it with a GS4, i realized that many of my pictures were stuck on the internal sd card of the GS2. Being unable to turn on mass storage mode, I made a very simple tool that makes using adb pull a simple, painless process, even for the most computer illiterate of android users. Hope this helps if anyone needs it.






Don't forget to hit "Thanks"
Attached Files
File Type: rar RecoverData.rar - [Click for QR Code] (29.8 KB, 2814 views)
File Type: zip RecoverData (2.0).zip - [Click for QR Code] (33.9 KB, 1518 views)
PHONE:Samsung SGH i9505 T-MOBILE Galaxy S4 (4.4.2)
TABLET:Asus/Google Nexus 7 (4.4.4)
MINI-PC:UG802 (4.1.1)

Try my LOGCAT TOOL
Have a device with a broken screen? Recover your files with my RECOVERY TOOL
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to FuzzyMeep Two For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
grimmyrippy
Old
#2  
grimmyrippy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 152
Posts: 585
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hueco Mundo
i'll bump this thread for those who didn't see this amazing tool, this tool is really useful, thank you very much
The Following User Says Thank You to grimmyrippy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
scottydog75
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jan 2014
Hi,

Sturggling to find the .adb file as my phone shows up as a "Portable Device" any ideas?

Cheers
 
th3r3isnospoon
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jan 2014
Thumbs up Thank you!

I joined just to say thank you to FuzzyMeep Two. Thanks for an awesome tool! It worked better than advertised!




Thanks again!

-th3r3isnospoon
The Following User Says Thank You to th3r3isnospoon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
koperkowy
Old
#5  
koperkowy's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bydgoszcz
Default Question

Hi! Can I use that to restore data not from sdcard but from internal memory of the device? I was storing photos on device memory on my Asus TF300T and now its bricked. I need to restore these photos, my girlfriend has something like 1000 of them from her trip to Caracas. Its very important for her. I already managed to connect the device through fastboot and I launched anb in cmd. What should I do next? Please help me guys
 
FuzzyMeep Two
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
Posts: 98
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern NH

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by koperkowy View Post
Hi! Can I use that to restore data not from sdcard but from internal memory of the device? I was storing photos on device memory on my Asus TF300T and now its bricked. I need to restore these photos, my girlfriend has something like 1000 of them from her trip to Caracas. Its very important for her. I already managed to connect the device through fastboot and I launched anb in cmd. What should I do next? Please help me guys
Yes, when it references SD Card it means the internal "SD" storage built in to the phone, not the removable one. It should work as long as ADB can connect.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, i really hope you got your pictures back.
PHONE:Samsung SGH i9505 T-MOBILE Galaxy S4 (4.4.2)
TABLET:Asus/Google Nexus 7 (4.4.4)
MINI-PC:UG802 (4.1.1)

Try my LOGCAT TOOL
Have a device with a broken screen? Recover your files with my RECOVERY TOOL
 
zobes
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 5
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyMeep Two View Post
Recently my Galaxy s2's screen smashed, and, after replacing it with a GS4, i realized that many of my pictures were stuck on the internal sd card of the GS2. Being unable to turn on mass storage mode, I made a very simple tool that makes using adb pull a simple, painless process, even for the most computer illiterate of android users. Hope this helps if anyone needs it.






P.S. I apologize if i have posted this in the wrong place, if so please let me know.
Really great stuff - so simple but so effective. Cheers and thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to zobes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
alisdairjk
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default Error msg

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobes View Post
Really great stuff - so simple but so effective. Cheers and thanks.
When i run that tool, i get the error mesg: more than one device and emulator,
I dont want to uninstall the emulator coz it was a headache getting it running
How i procede to select the device to be used
The Following User Says Thank You to alisdairjk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
FuzzyMeep Two
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
Posts: 98
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern NH

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisdairjk View Post
When i run that tool, i get the error mesg: more than one device and emulator,
I dont want to uninstall the emulator coz it was a headache getting it running
How i procede to select the device to be used
NEW VERSION

Try this, i haven't gotten to test it, so please let me know if it worked for you, I added the option of selecting an emulator or USB device, because of your post. Hopefully it helps.
PHONE:Samsung SGH i9505 T-MOBILE Galaxy S4 (4.4.2)
TABLET:Asus/Google Nexus 7 (4.4.4)
MINI-PC:UG802 (4.1.1)

Try my LOGCAT TOOL
Have a device with a broken screen? Recover your files with my RECOVERY TOOL
 
Joeb29
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: May 2014
When I try to run this I also get an error message saying that the adb.exe file cannot be found.

Please can anyone help?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes