Creating a game app, looking for developer programs

Search This thread

Godistjuven

Sep 3, 2015
Hi, I'm new here! I have been interested in creating my own android games for a time now and just decided to give it a try, so I'm looking for a software where I can develop my games.

I have some basic knowledge in java and been playing around a bit in Android Studio. What would be the easiest way for a beginner to create his first android game? At the start, now when I'm new to app development, I will make simple games like memory match or quiz game, and after that try creating games that require some physics, like a "runner game" or platform game.

I have found three options:
-Android Studio
-Unity3d
-Game Maker: studio

Does any of you have any idea what software to use? Are any of these three options any good? I have also heard it might be possible to use Android Studio as a plugin for Unity3d or something like that... I just want to create simple 2D-games, not any advanced 3D-games. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks :eek:

girafferson

Sep 18, 2015
Hi, I'm new here! I have been interested in creating my own android games for a time now and just decided to give it a try, so I'm looking for a software where I can develop my games.

I have some basic knowledge in java and been playing around a bit in Android Studio. What would be the easiest way for a beginner to create his first android game? At the start, now when I'm new to app development, I will make simple games like memory match or quiz game, and after that try creating games that require some physics, like a "runner game" or platform game.

-Android Studio
-Unity3d

Does any of you have any idea what software to use? Are any of these three options any good? I have also heard it might be possible to use Android Studio as a plugin for Unity3d or something like that... I just want to create simple 2D-games, not any advanced 3D-games. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks :eek:

I'd suggest game maker studio. My old highschool used it to teach students and it only required animation as a prereq. It's really good for learning concepts and terms; I've used unity but it can get overwhelming just to accomplish simple things without knowing all of the lingo. I just purchased game maker studio and the android module for $12 on the humble bundle weekly. I can't post any links since I haven't made any posts but you can just google humble bundle

Godistjuven

Sep 3, 2015
I'd suggest game maker studio. My old highschool used it to teach students and it only required animation as a prereq. It's really good for learning concepts and terms; I've used unity but it can get overwhelming just to accomplish simple things without knowing all of the lingo. I just purchased game maker studio and the android module for $12 on the humble bundle weekly. I can't post any links since I haven't made any posts but you can just google humble bundle

Thanks. I bought that too right before reading your post :)

peaumur

Nov 15, 2015
Moscow

-Android Studio
-Unity3d

Hey, man, I can help you with game maker studio if you will have some troubles and if you will be solving interesting tasks)
I use this tool since 2009 ;)

peaumur

Nov 15, 2015
Moscow
Thank you! If I encounter any questions I will definitely try sending a message to you! Have you published any games?
Yep, but I can't promote them here while I don't have 10 messages.
I used to make games for my classmates and university friends only but now I'm trying to make wide-auditory games :) and I have met the problem of promoting - it's really hard to promote your game without a big amount of money..

Updated:
Oh, I have 10+ posts already!) cool!) I will create a thread with my game soon ;)

Godistjuven

Sep 3, 2015
Yep, but I can't promote them here while I don't have 10 messages.
I used to make games for my classmates and university friends only but now I'm trying to make wide-auditory games :) and I have met the problem of promoting - it's really hard to promote your game without a big amount of money..

Updated:
Oh, I have 10+ posts already!) cool!) I will create a thread with my game soon ;)

Nice, looking forward to see your apps :)