FORUMS

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

[Q] Porting Rom

Thanks Meter: 5
 
By s.prabhakarann, Member on 5th April 2014, 06:31 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Is possible to port S3 mini ve(GT-I8200) rom to s3 mini(GT-I8190)

Details are

1. CPU
GT-I8200 WITH 1.2Ghz CORTEX-A9
GT-I8190 WITH 1Ghz Cortex-A9
2. GPU
BOTH ARE SAME Mali 400

3. Chipset
GT-I8190 with Novathor
GT-I8200 is not specified.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app
 
 
5th April 2014, 09:04 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
You should be able to. I ported a ROM from the nexus 7(2013) to kindle fire HD(2012).

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

They have completely different specs too.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to wire55 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2014, 08:56 AM |#3  
s.prabhakarann's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Tiruvannamalai
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Extracting .tar.md5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wire55

You should be able to. I ported a ROM from the nexus 7(2013) to kindle fire HD(2012).

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

They have completely different specs too.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I was trying to extract .tar.md5 files.
is there any tool to extract. I used ext4_unpacker.exe but it only extracted JB4.1.2 not JB4.2.2
3rd July 2014, 10:34 AM |#4  
paul222008's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prabhakarann

I was trying to extract .tar.md5 files.
is there any tool to extract. I used ext4_unpacker.exe but it only extracted JB4.1.2 not JB4.2.2

hey dude im I8200 user also. can you tell me what rom are you porting? newbie here
4th September 2014, 04:05 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hey man, just wondering if you were able to port the ROM to the i8190 I want to do the same thing, How did you solve it?
I am new to all of these, thanks
4th September 2014, 10:04 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Flag Cape town
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prabhakarann

Is possible to port S3 mini ve(GT-I8200) rom to s3 mini(GT-I8190)

Details are

1. CPU
GT-I8200 WITH 1.2Ghz CORTEX-A9
GT-I8190 WITH 1Ghz Cortex-A9
2. GPU
BOTH ARE SAME Mali 400

3. Chipset
GT-I8190 with Novathor
GT-I8200 is not specified.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app

Where did u find roms for the GT-i8200?? I can't seem to find any custom roms for my dam phone...
Last edited by sicarus; 4th September 2014 at 10:17 PM.
5th September 2014, 03:52 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicarus

Where did u find roms for the GT-i8200?? I can't seem to find any custom roms for my dam phone...

It seems that there are only a few search in Google as "gt i8200 custom rom"
Last edited by chuy97p6; 5th September 2014 at 03:56 AM.
5th September 2014, 03:55 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Flag Cape town
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuy97p6

It seems that there are only a few search in Google as "gt i8200 custom rom"

Nope... All I can find are kernel updates and stock roms... no custom, no CM or liquid smooth or any other cool ones for my phone. A sad day indeed........
11th October 2014, 11:19 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Flag Cape town
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Still nothing....?
19th December 2014, 10:39 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Flag Podgorica
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
There aren't any ROMs yet for our device. But there are developers trying to port ROMs for this device here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2826565
If anyone knows for any other custom ROM, please give us the link.
And I8190 ROMs won't work. You'll end up bricking your phone.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes