Originally Posted by Frepa_AL
Since few times ago I am searching information regarding with firmware downgrade for HTC One X updated on ****er version 4.2.2 bootloader 1.72. (I ma so sorry for bad words, but really I don't understand who and why created this firmware with so many bugs). Unfortunately there are a lot of information and disinformation regarding with firmware downgrade procedures. Already I tried almost all what I found until now to unlock the bootloader but everything I tried I didn't found solution to turn S-OFF on this model. Somebody say that is impossible to turn S-OFF on HTC One X, somebody else give some information, starting with HTC One X and finish with other model HTC One, so please somebody who know in details all versions, give us correct information what we are able to do on this particular device (HTC One X) with specific firmware already installed.
Any kind of help shall be much appreciated.
Unlocking the Bootloader on the HTC phone maybe as simple as you think!
1. Go here First xda-developers
2. Register as a developer.
3. Go to phone Setting’s
4. For none Developer phones on Andriod
5. Go to Setting’s then About, HTC SDK API Level and start tapping on it to get developer options, continue tapping till it says “Your now a Developer”
6. In Settings go to Power, scroll down to where it says “Fastboot” and un-check it. You will need this to get into your boot menu.
7. BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA. Because “unlocking your BootLoader” WILL WIPE OUT ALL YOU’RE DATA. You will go back to the settings when you initially bought the phone.
8. Power Down
9. After powering down, press Volume Down and while pressing Volume Down, press Power holding both buttons to start the device into Bootloader mode. If you have difficulty, power up normally, go to Settings->Battery and deselect Fast boot ( If you forgot to do this). Power down and try again.
10. Use the Volume buttons to select up or down. Highlight Fastboot and press the Power button.
11. Connect the device to the computer via a usb cable
12. Go back to xda-developers, Login (If you already have not do so)
13. Select the link for unlocking the Bootloader, make sure your phone is plugged into the pc as discussed above.
14. Follow the simple instruction’s; you will get on the right of the screen where you can select one of the HTC this tool will work with only HTC devices on the list. THIS WILL ONLY WORK FOR the phone’s on the list!
15. A POP UP menu will come up after you select the phone on the list it will be a warning.
16. Check off the warnings (AT YOUR OWN RISK) Remember this is heavy duty!
17. The next screen will be the scariest for newbie’s “What to select”
18. Download the following fastboot binary for your OS using the following links:
19. Platform Download Size (bytes) Checksum fastboot binary, Linux
20. (Unzip the file before executing) Fastboot 618 ffd3b02cdf9aa7609462e3957663d238
, OS X
22. (Unzip the file before executing) fastboot-mac
23. Fastboot binary, Windows
24. (Unzip the file before executing) fastboot-win
(Make sure you are logged into XDA-Developers FIRST before linking to it)
25. I have not gotten to the point past this because I unlocked my BootLoader the old fashioned way. But this way seems a great deal easier than searching for your HTC and not finding the right choice. I have already unlocked my cell and rooted, and through trial and error I got the right OS Modification “InsertCoin Here” Hope I placed this in the right Forum.