No registration required

ADB is having serious issues...

OP gradylorenzo

17th August 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I'm new, moving on.

I've been working on a game through Unity for the past couple of days, but the issue I keep running into is that any time I have to turn off/restart my computer or unplug my phone, I begin a small battle with ADB. At this point, ADB loses sight of the phone, even after I reconnect it. Only solution I've been able to find is to uninstall the Google USB driver, reinstall, kill ADB server, START ADB server, rinse and repeat a few times, and MAYBE it'll see it.

There really has to be an easier way to do this. I shouldn't have to battle a driver issue every time I sit down to work. If I do, I don't understand how some of you aren't completely suicidal from spending more time fighting a driver than actually developing whatever it is you develop..

Phone: Google/LG Nexus 5
Last edited by gradylorenzo; 17th August 2014 at 05:29 PM.
17th August 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #2  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 243

437 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradylorenzo

I'm new, moving on.

I've been working on a game through Unity for the past couple of days, but the issue I keep running into is that any time I have to turn off/restart my computer or unplug my phone, I begin a small battle with ADB. At this point, ADB loses sight of the phone, even after I reconnect it. Only solution I've been able to find is to uninstall the Google USB driver, reinstall, kill ADB server, START ADB server, rinse and repeat a few times, and MAYBE it'll see it.

There really has to be an easier way to do this. I shouldn't have to battle a driver issue every time I sit down to work. If I do, I don't understand how some of you aren't completely suicidal from spending more time fighting a driver than actually developing whatever it is you develop..

Phone: Google/LG Nexus 5

windows 8.1 has problem many times, so I also have windows 7
adb is flawless in win7
saying from personal experience.
18th August 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 13

152 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradylorenzo

I don't understand how some of you aren't completely suicidal from spending more time fighting a driver than actually developing whatever it is you develop.

Use the emulator or just transfer the apk package to your phone. It takes 15 seconds.
3rd September 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
I faced the same issues when connecting using a USB cable. ADB over network option in Developer tools is actually much more reliable provided that you have a Wifi connection on both your workstation and your device. You need to run a command to connect, but that's easily solved by writing a batch file. Try it out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread