Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 40,931 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ADB is having serious issues...

Tip us?

gradylorenzo
Old
(Last edited by gradylorenzo; 17th August 2014 at 04:29 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation ADB is having serious issues...

I'm new, moving on.

I've been working on a game through Unity for the past couple of days, but the issue I keep running into is that any time I have to turn off/restart my computer or unplug my phone, I begin a small battle with ADB. At this point, ADB loses sight of the phone, even after I reconnect it. Only solution I've been able to find is to uninstall the Google USB driver, reinstall, kill ADB server, START ADB server, rinse and repeat a few times, and MAYBE it'll see it.

There really has to be an easier way to do this. I shouldn't have to battle a driver issue every time I sit down to work. If I do, I don't understand how some of you aren't completely suicidal from spending more time fighting a driver than actually developing whatever it is you develop..

Phone: Google/LG Nexus 5

@SidDev
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradylorenzo View Post
I'm new, moving on.

I've been working on a game through Unity for the past couple of days, but the issue I keep running into is that any time I have to turn off/restart my computer or unplug my phone, I begin a small battle with ADB. At this point, ADB loses sight of the phone, even after I reconnect it. Only solution I've been able to find is to uninstall the Google USB driver, reinstall, kill ADB server, START ADB server, rinse and repeat a few times, and MAYBE it'll see it.

There really has to be an easier way to do this. I shouldn't have to battle a driver issue every time I sit down to work. If I do, I don't understand how some of you aren't completely suicidal from spending more time fighting a driver than actually developing whatever it is you develop..

Phone: Google/LG Nexus 5
windows 8.1 has problem many times, so I also have windows 7
adb is flawless in win7
saying from personal experience.
happy to help you .

Crichton333
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradylorenzo View Post
I don't understand how some of you aren't completely suicidal from spending more time fighting a driver than actually developing whatever it is you develop.
Use the emulator or just transfer the apk package to your phone. It takes 15 seconds.
"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- Android: 2048 Numbers Mania -- Yutu Aliens Free -- Proud owner: Sony Xperia J

snaikdev
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I faced the same issues when connecting using a USB cable. ADB over network option in Developer tools is actually much more reliable provided that you have a Wifi connection on both your workstation and your device. You need to run a command to connect, but that's easily solved by writing a batch file. Try it out.