Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: How useful is Android-Libs.com for you?
Very useful 1 50.00%
Useful 1 50.00%
Not useful 0 0%
I really don't like this. 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

[WEB-LIST] AndroidLibs

OP mahrt95

3rd July 2014, 09:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Hello everybody,

I would like to introduce you AndroidLibs.
AndroidLibs is a library list for android developers. There are plenty of other sites like this (Android-Arsenal),
but they all have a worse design and aren't very useful.

Android-Libs.com

Planned features:
  • Custom URLs to documentation, extern sites
  • Categories
  • Additional metadata, e.G.: GitHub update/commit dates, required API level, library version, list / view
  • User ratings and comments

Feel free to submit / suggest a library for AndroidLibs! I also would appreciate any feedback or feature requests.

Greets,
Alexander
Last edited by mahrt95; 3rd July 2014 at 10:28 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mahrt95 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 606
 
4,745 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahrt95

Hello everybody,

I would like to introduce you AndroidLibs.
AndroidLibs is a library list for android developers. There are plenty of other sites like this (Android-Arsenal),
but they all have a worse design and aren't very useful.

Android-Libs.com

Planned features:

  • Custom URLs to documentation, extern sites
  • Categories
  • Additional metadata, e.G.: GitHub update/commit dates, required API level, library version, list / view
  • User ratings and comments

Feel free to submit / suggest a library for AndroidLibs! I also would appreciate any feedback or feature requests.

Greets,
Alexander

Nice design bro!
3rd July 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBink

Nice design bro!

Well, thank you!
22nd December 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
I've optimized android-libs!
22nd December 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Cool. But maybe too automatical. I can tell all data is fetched from Github. Maybe after your website have a lot of uses, you can try the repos and post your evaluation for your users. I have seem some analogous iOS libs website doing that.
22nd December 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimbusBase

Cool. But maybe too automatical. I can tell all data is fetched from Github. Maybe after your website have a lot of uses, you can try the repos and post your evaluation for your users. I have seem some analogous iOS libs website doing that.

Good point. It's not automated, you can choose between Fetch from GitHub or write your own description for that library.

If you want to, you could help me by keeping those libraries up to date and even improve their descriptions.

22nd December 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahrt95

Good point. It's not automated, you can choose between Fetch from GitHub or write your own description for that library.

If you want to, you could help me by keeping those libraries up to date and even improve their descriptions.

I am not sure. Maybe I can do one or two.
The point here is no one can be familiar with all these repos, except they are paid to track the updates.
Or you can setup a motivation mechanism to let your users do that.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes