Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,054 Members 46,187 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[LIBRARY][2.1+] ReminderDatePicker - Google Keep-like Date and Time Picker

Tip us?

SimplicityApks
Old
(Last edited by SimplicityApks; 8th August 2014 at 09:20 PM.) Reason: Featured on the portal
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 327
Clock [LIBRARY][2.1+] ReminderDatePicker - Google Keep-like Date and Time Picker

Date and time pickers have always been a hassle for me (no matter how awesome they looked). Having to choose from a few hundred numbers felt overwhelming and was neither intuitive nor fast. Luckily, Google found a sleek solution in the Notes app which I decided to replicate:

ReminderDatePicker - Google Keep-like Date and Time Picker

An intuitive and simplistic date and time picker for reminders. Per default it almost exactly matches the picker seen in the Google Notes App but adds important features and enhancements. For instance the KitKat “long press + swipe to select an item” gesture is supported here and not in Google Keep since this lib is using Spinners and Google a Button with a popup menu.

The library is fully open-sourced, read how to use it and get the source on GitHub here.
You can now also download the sample app: ReminderDatePicker Sample (Play Store)
; ReminderDatePicker Sample v1.0.apk.

Screenshots:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-05-01-00-26.png
Views:	242
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	2886996Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-05-01-00-29.png
Views:	216
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	2886997Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-05-01-00-30.png
Views:	219
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	2886998Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-05-01-00-48.png
Views:	188
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	2886999

Please let me know if you add this to your app. Enjoy developing, feedback is always encouraged.

This library was featured on the portal on August 8th
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SimplicityApks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SimplicityApks
Old
(Last edited by SimplicityApks; 6th August 2014 at 10:13 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 327
Things you can do to contribute

I don’t speak all languages in the world (nor would I want to), so I need a little help with the translations. Helping here is just as easy as getting the small strings.xml file and translating all the strings between the xml <string> tags to another language. Note that most of these strings are taken from the Google Keep app, so it may be easier to just copy those from the reminder picker in that app. Then, post the translated strings.xml here, send it to me via PM or email or create a pull request on GitHub.

The lib currently is not 100% like the one you can see in the Keep app since I’m using the default Spinner background and Google is using some ninepatch that underlines the text. For me that is totally fine but if you want to and are skilled with those .9.pngs it would be nice to have a background like that .

The sample app currently uses this free icon I found with a quick search, but if you find a better one or can design a nice icon that fits, I’ll gladly use that for the sample app. Also a Feature Graphic will soon be required by the Play Store, but I currently have no idea about what to do with that :P.

Lastly, if you find any bugs or have a feature request, please post a GitHub issue so we can all work on it.
Thanks in advance!
The Following User Says Thank You to SimplicityApks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dancer_69
Old
Thanks Meter 227
Greek translation:
Attached Files
File Type: rar strings.rar - [Click for QR Code] (457 Bytes, 6 views)

My apps

Slide Dial - Dial from anywhere!

Torch directly from shortcut!
LightsOnOff
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dancer_69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SimplicityApks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancer_69 View Post
Greek translation:
Thank you very much, this is how it is supposed to work . Added your strings to GitHub, I'm going to update maven later when I find the time.
Tags
android, date, library, picker, time