Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[LIBRARY][2.1+] ReminderDatePicker - Google Keep-like Date and Time Picker

OP SimplicityApks

6th August 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 337

348 posts
More
Date and time pickers have always been a hassle for me (no matter how awesome they looked). Having to choose from a few hundred numbers felt overwhelming and was neither intuitive nor fast. Luckily, Google found a sleek solution in the Notes app which I decided to replicate:

ReminderDatePicker - Google Keep-like Date and Time Picker

An intuitive and simplistic date and time picker for reminders. Per default it almost exactly matches the picker seen in the Google Notes App but adds important features and enhancements. For instance the KitKat “long press + swipe to select an item” gesture is supported here and not in Google Keep since this lib is using Spinners and Google a Button with a popup menu.

The library is fully open-sourced, read how to use it and get the source on GitHub here.
You can now also download the sample app: ReminderDatePicker Sample (Play Store)
; ReminderDatePicker Sample v1.0.apk.

Screenshots:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-29-13-11-49.png
Views:	48
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	3039494Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-29-13-11-13.png
Views:	46
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	3039495Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-29-13-12-00.png
Views:	42
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	3039496Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-29-13-11-50.png
Views:	40
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	3039497

Please let me know if you add this to your app. Enjoy developing, feedback is always encouraged.

This library was featured on the portal on August 8th
Last edited by SimplicityApks; 29th November 2014 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Featured on the portal
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SimplicityApks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aachen

348 posts
More
Things you can do to contribute

I don’t speak all languages in the world (nor would I want to), so I need a little help with the translations. Helping here is just as easy as getting the small strings.xml file and translating all the strings between the xml <string> tags to another language. Note that most of these strings are taken from the Google Keep app, so it may be easier to just copy those from the reminder picker in that app. Then, post the translated strings.xml here, send it to me via PM or email or create a pull request on GitHub.

The lib currently is not 100% like the one you can see in the Keep app since I’m using the default Spinner background and Google is using some ninepatch that underlines the text. For me that is totally fine but if you want to and are skilled with those .9.pngs it would be nice to have a background like that .

The sample app currently uses this free icon I found with a quick search, but if you find a better one or can design a nice icon that fits, I’ll gladly use that for the sample app.

Lastly, if you find any bugs or have a feature request, please post a GitHub issue so we can all work on it.
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by SimplicityApks; 29th November 2014 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Took the feature grafic from screenshot ;)
The Following User Says Thank You to SimplicityApks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 233

1,895 posts
More
Greek translation:
Attached Files
File Type: rar strings.rar - [Click for QR Code] (457 Bytes, 8 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dancer_69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2014, 12:29 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aachen

348 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancer_69

Greek translation:

Thank you very much, this is how it is supposed to work . Added your strings to GitHub, I'm going to update maven later when I find the time.
8th August 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aachen

348 posts
More
Thanks to faiz-malkani for featuring this on the portal!
29th November 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aachen

348 posts
More
Updated to v1.1
Ok guys, I updated the sample app in the PlayStore to version 1.1.1 targeting Lollipop. This also contains the Greek, Spanish, Italian and Brazilian Portuguese translations, huge thanks to the translators!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, date, library, picker, time
Previous Thread Next Thread