[APP][4.1+] Android file manager File Expert V7 Beta invites you for test!

Search This thread

xcxin

Aug 19, 2010
Attention please:
This post has been moved to http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/file-expert-v7-beta-invites-to-test-t3107745
Please go ahead to check the newest one.

fev7_beta_ad.png

Since being launched in Google Play in 2010, File Expert has undergone six major updates in the past five years.
It keeps improving with your feedback and suggestion all along the way. After 8 month R&D, V7 Beta finally comes to you!

If you are interested in becoming a beta tester to help improve the product, please download and
install the Beta version onto your phone (see them in attachment) and leave a comment below the post.

What’s new in V7?

fev7_screen.png

1. UI makeover
Turquoise and white interface with newly-designed icons for more comforting and cleaner visuals.

2. New layout
Users can now swipe to the left and right to view different file directories: categories, Cloud and tool, which expedites
file locating and operating.

3. Cloud collection
The new File Expert is more than local file management, which gathers worldwidely mainstream Cloud services (Google Drive,
Dropbox, Box, Yandex, SkyDrive, SugarSync, KDrive and Vdisk); users are able to manage files on different Clouds in one App.

4. Small and optional
Smaller APK size: only 2.73 MB, remarkably reduces memory space.
Optional plugins: additional features can be added as plugins according to individual demand.

Classic features reserved and enhanced
Access to External SD card supported on 5.0+
Write access to phone internal storage, SD card and external SD card (Except for Kitkat) .
Access to USB Drive via OTG (only available on some devices, tested on Xiaomi 2S)
Smart File Management
Support all basic file operations: Copy, Cut, Paste, Delete, Create, Sort, Rename, Send, Details, Favorites, Hide, Create Shortcut,
Search, Create and delete folders, batch operation…
Various Ways to Transfer Files
Support Bluetooth, WiFi, SMB Client, FTP, SFTP and FTPS servers.
Safebox: the updated feature will keep your privacy strictly confidential.
Root Explorer: ROOTED users can access all file system and data directories and make changes.
Tags: Classify messy files by colored tags.
Favorite: Add frequently-used files to Favorite and quickly pinpoint them next time.
Memory Manager: Customize memory settings on your phone, for ROOTED phones only.
Super Downloader: Accelerate downloading speed, fast and resumable.
Recycle Bin: Remove files to recycle bin and recover them anytime you want.

Any feedback from you is appreciated and will be handled with caution. You can reply below the post or email support@xageek.com
if anything comes across your mind after trying.

Thank you so much!

Caution
The new Safebox feature comes with V7 may be incompatible with previous version, which may cause file lost. Please backup all files in V6 Safebox before starting to test.

Last edited:

Thomsonpc

Oct 30, 2009
Perth
I agree with Doppelhelix,
Testing it out. Will be a little inconvenient as I am using a 12" Galaxy Note Pro and use on my desk in Landscape mode all the time but will make sure it does everything I need it to do.

MarstMachi

Jun 23, 2014
Chicago
The new interface is fantastic, but I'm going to miss the dark theme. The Dropbox plugin didn't install automatically, but all the rest did. SMB client didn't pick up either of my servers. Other than that - so far so good! Great update!

Incidentally, I don't know if "Girl" is the best name for "Light User" in the Memory Manager.

Also I would have preferred to sign in to Gcloud with my username (instead of email). How can I change my profile picture?

Last edited:

xcxin

Aug 19, 2010
The new interface is fantastic, but I'm going to miss the dark theme. The Dropbox plugin didn't install automatically, but all the rest did. SMB client didn't pick up either of my servers. Other than that - so far so good! Great update!

Incidentally, I don't know if "Girl" is the best name for "Light User" in the Memory Manager.

Also I would have preferred to sign in to Gcloud with my username (instead of email). How can I change my profile picture?

Hi, thanks for your report and suggestion. I'm sorry you cannot change your profile picture but this will be fixed in the final release of this beta test

MarstMachi

Jun 23, 2014
Chicago
Now it's crashing every time I try to access "files" from the main screen. Also all of the plug-ins are now each separate shortcuts in my app drawer.

xcxin

Aug 19, 2010
Now it's crashing every time I try to access "files" from the main screen. Also all of the plug-ins are now each separate shortcuts in my app drawer.

Hi there,
Would it be convenient for you to give us a crash log to recur the situation?
How to collect log?
1. Download and install the Log Collector: http://cdn.appnav.cn/logcollector.apk
2. When FC or crash happens in File Expert, quit and open Log Collector. It will collect log automatically.
3. Send us log.
The Clouds are optional, when you install any of them; it will appear on your app drawer.
Cheers,

xcxin

Aug 19, 2010

Hi there,
The visible plugins have been hidden in Beta 6. Please make sure it works on your device.
If you have more bugs or suggestion, just leave your message below.
Have a nice day!

wuzdat

Mar 20, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
[quote name="wuzdat" post=61226356]Where is the Dark theme option? It took you forever to finally add a dark black theme to the original file expert and now its not even part of the newest version... What happened?[/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
Hi there,<br />
Thank you for the precious suggestion.<br />
The new version features fresh turquoise. We'll add dark theme soon after it's official published.<br />
If you have any other feedback, don't hesitate to leave your message.<br />
Cheers,<br/>

Is this dark theme still going to be added back to the new version? I'll have to wait until then b4 using this app again, it was a very long wait b4 we ever got it in the old file expert...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attention please:
    This post has been moved to http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/file-expert-v7-beta-invites-to-test-t3107745
    Please go ahead to check the newest one.

fev7_beta_ad.png

Since being launched in Google Play in 2010, File Expert has undergone six major updates in the past five years.
    It keeps improving with your feedback and suggestion all along the way. After 8 month R&D, V7 Beta finally comes to you!

If you are interested in becoming a beta tester to help improve the product, please download and
    install the Beta version onto your phone (see them in attachment) and leave a comment below the post.

What’s new in V7?

fev7_screen.png

1. UI makeover
    Turquoise and white interface with newly-designed icons for more comforting and cleaner visuals.

2. New layout
    Users can now swipe to the left and right to view different file directories: categories, Cloud and tool, which expedites
    file locating and operating.

3. Cloud collection
    The new File Expert is more than local file management, which gathers worldwidely mainstream Cloud services (Google Drive,
    Dropbox, Box, Yandex, SkyDrive, SugarSync, KDrive and Vdisk); users are able to manage files on different Clouds in one App.

4. Small and optional
    Smaller APK size: only 2.73 MB, remarkably reduces memory space.
    Optional plugins: additional features can be added as plugins according to individual demand.

Classic features reserved and enhanced
    Access to External SD card supported on 5.0+
    Write access to phone internal storage, SD card and external SD card (Except for Kitkat) .
    Access to USB Drive via OTG (only available on some devices, tested on Xiaomi 2S)
    Smart File Management
    Support all basic file operations: Copy, Cut, Paste, Delete, Create, Sort, Rename, Send, Details, Favorites, Hide, Create Shortcut,
    Search, Create and delete folders, batch operation…
    Various Ways to Transfer Files
    Support Bluetooth, WiFi, SMB Client, FTP, SFTP and FTPS servers.
    Safebox: the updated feature will keep your privacy strictly confidential.
    Root Explorer: ROOTED users can access all file system and data directories and make changes.
    Tags: Classify messy files by colored tags.
    Favorite: Add frequently-used files to Favorite and quickly pinpoint them next time.
    Memory Manager: Customize memory settings on your phone, for ROOTED phones only.
    Super Downloader: Accelerate downloading speed, fast and resumable.
    Recycle Bin: Remove files to recycle bin and recover them anytime you want.

Any feedback from you is appreciated and will be handled with caution. You can reply below the post or email support@xageek.com
    if anything comes across your mind after trying.

Thank you so much!

Caution
    The new Safebox feature comes with V7 may be incompatible with previous version, which may cause file lost. Please backup all files in V6 Safebox before starting to test.
    Well. I like to try. But since I'm using a 10'' tablet, I will wait for landscape support.
    Well. I like to try. But since I'm using a 10'' tablet, I will wait for landscape support.

Hi, thanks for your support, you can still use this version on a 10'' tablet device