[ROM]★[TF201 LP 5.1.1][ZOMBi-POP OMNI KANG RC1][JULY 28]★

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Clarification needed

Not to sound painfully ignorant and all, but what is this inverted axis business, and why does anyone need it here? I googled it and it seems sometimes the X axis gets reversed, so I'm guessing you swipe right....it thinks you swiped left? I see no such thing happening here, so why is a fix needed?

Is it a randomly occurring thing, or do some prefer it to be reversed for whatever reason?

I've been wondering about this for some time, and I did try and look it up first (who wants to wait for a response with google and all). If someone could tell me what it is and why it is desirable or needed, I'd be grateful.

Edit: The first response below made me think "yeah but, how many other people replace that part. I see it mentioned SO MANY times that it'd have to be an epidemic of failed digitizers!". The second reply more or less confirmed that it sort of is a common thing after all.

Thanks for the replies, thanked you both. That was sort of driving me crazy trying to figure out if I was missing out or something (maybe I want an inverted axis! heh). On a possibly related note, my transformer cursor likes to skip around sometimes when I have my finger in a static position. But then other times it doesn't. I may have to replace mine some day, so thanks for the knowledge, sirs and madams.

Last edited:

Mustkeg

Jan 2, 2012
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 6a
Not to sound painfully ignorant and all, but what is this inverted axis business, and why does anyone need it here? I googled it and it seems sometimes the X axis gets reversed, so I'm guessing you swipe right....it thinks you swiped left? I see no such thing happening here, so why is a fix needed?

Is it a randomly occurring thing, or do some prefer it to be reversed for whatever reason?

I've been wondering about this for some time, and I did try and look it up first (who wants to wait for a response with google and all). If someone could tell me what it is and why it is desirable or needed, I'd be grateful.

We swapped out a broken digitizer. The replacement part was pin-compatible, but forwarded the left/right input touches to the mainboard in a different way. I was very surprised.

As another digitizer was not available, I started searching the web and found a guy who changed the way the horizontal touch values get recognized by Android on kernel/driver level by adding just a single line of code. Then I learned how to use git, toolchains, defconfigs, android image kitchen, nvflash...and here we are. :highfive:

So, this is veeery undesirable and you can be glad that you do not need it :silly:

JuraP

Sep 7, 2008

Some people with broken display /digitizer, that have it replaced themselves got a reverted axis (klicking right up on display caused touch response appearing left down (or so). So you need a modded driver to do the job. I think it's Hairybean ROM which contains inverted axis option in installer. I did accidentally once choosed this option (not knowing what should it be) and got pretty screwed until I got what I've done (try to navigate in twrp, when your touch right clicks on the button left on the screen :D)

Reactions: dwarf_t0ssn

Mustkeg

Jan 2, 2012
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 6a
Some people with broken display /digitizer, that have it replaced themselves got a reverted axis (klicking right up on display caused touch response appearing left down (or so). So you need a modded driver to do the job. I think it's Hairybean ROM which contains inverted axis option in installer. I did accidentally once choosed this option (not knowing what should it be) and got pretty screwed until I got what I've done (try to navigate in twrp, when your touch right clicks on the button left on the screen :D)

TWRP got inverted, too? Cool thing, I still have to do the left/right switch as my patch only concerns Android :p

Markyd68a

Feb 2, 2008
London
www.markyd.co.uk
Failed totally

First will confess to not being an Android expert but have flashed a couple of phones.

Seeing the possibility of Lollipop on my tf201 got me quite excited as I do like the device (when not hating it) its pretty stock apart from the bootloader is unlocked and it is rooted and had the ASUS JB OTA upgrade years ago. Developer options / USB Debugging enabled.

I have totally and utterly failed to install TWRP or CWM recovery, have used the USB cable approach ... (boot tf201, volume down / power button held etc) use down volume button to navigate to USB option, up volume button to select. Tf201 USB icon stops flashing and the screen says "Starting Fastboot USB download protocol" then insert usb cable into my Linux Mint 17 laptop and past "fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery twrp-2.6.3.0-tf201-JB.img" the laptop responds <waiting for device> and then nothing happens ...........

Installed "flashify" and that failed, could not load an image from TWRP or CWM and pressing the file option caused it to hang.

Using "Rashr" I can select the 2.6.3.0-tf201-JB.img and then select the "reboot now into recovery" option. Reboots to the ASUS screen and hangs there (no spiny thing no movement, just "this device is unlocked" in top left and ASUS in the middle) waited 60 minutes just in case .... rebooted into Android OK. Retried "Rashr" with CWM Touch 5.8.3.4 (tf201) , select reboot to recovery and the wait again :( got bored after 10 minutes, rebooted into regular Android.

Just in case I had been flashed and did not know I rebooted with the volume down etc and selected RCK and my 'droid told me "Booting Recovery Kernel image" it lied it just sat there doing nothing. Does this mean my RCK is just totally broke? At least I can reboot into regular Android still and its not a brick.

What am I doing wrong any ideas?

satnile

Nov 30, 2006
<waiting for device> means that you haven't established usb connection with the device, hence nothing will happen.
What response you get when you type "fastboot devices"?

let us know.

Markyd68a

Feb 2, 2008
London
www.markyd.co.uk
<waiting for device> means that you haven't established usb connection with the device, hence nothing will happen.
What response you get when you type "fastboot devices"?

let us know.

Thanks for replying so quickly, here is the output from my Linux terminal ....

markyd@queeg ~/Android/Sdk/platform-tools $ ./adb devices
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
C5OKAS025708 device​

markyd@queeg ~/Android/Sdk/platform-tools $ ./fastboot devices (nothing happened here at all)
markyd@queeg ~/Android/Sdk/platform-tools $ ./adb reboot (device rebooted OK)

satnile

Nov 30, 2006
This is strange as the device is responding to the adb reboot command but not to fastboot commands, could you use another laptop/pc with windows based OS and SDK platform tools.

Markyd68a

Feb 2, 2008
London
www.markyd.co.uk
The only Windows PC in this house is my work one which has the USB ports locked and is off limits, have tried another Linux PC with the same results. Made some progress by using sudo: Tried twice, once flashing to recovery and once to staging (what is the difference here?)

markyd@queeg ~/Android/Sdk/platform-tools $ ./adb reboot bootloader
markyd@queeg ~/Android/Sdk/platform-tools $ sudo ./fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery twrp-2.6.3.0-tf201-JB.img
[sudo] password for markyd:
sending 'recovery' (7934 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.892s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 1.849s]
finished. total time: 4.742s
markyd@queeg ~/Android/Sdk/platform-tools $ sudo ./fastboot reboot
rebooting...
(nothing happened manually rebooted)
finished. total time: 36.517s

markyd@queeg ~/Android/Sdk/platform-tools $ sudo ./fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash staging twrp-2.6.3.0-tf201-JB.img
sending 'staging' (7934 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.806s]
writing 'staging'...
OKAY [ 1.851s]
finished. total time: 4.658s
rebooting...
finished. total time: 12.500s

Like you said it is odd that the ADB commands work but the FASTBOOT ones do not.

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
The only Windows PC in this house is my work one which has the USB ports locked and is off limits, have tried another Linux PC with the same results. Made some progress by using sudo: Tried twice, once flashing to recovery and once to staging (what is the difference here?)

markyd@queeg ~/Android/Sdk/platform-tools $ sudo ./fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery twrp-2.6.3.0-tf201-JB.img
[sudo] password for markyd:
OKAY [ 2.892s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 1.849s]
finished. total time: 4.742s
rebooting...
finished. total time: 36.517s

markyd@queeg ~/Android/Sdk/platform-tools $ sudo ./fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash staging twrp-2.6.3.0-tf201-JB.img
sending 'staging' (7934 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.806s]
writing 'staging'...
OKAY [ 1.851s]
finished. total time: 4.658s
rebooting...
finished. total time: 12.500s

Like you said it is odd that the ADB commands work but the FASTBOOT ones do not.

What is going on here ??? :confused:

Fastboot commands work in fastboot & adb commands work in adb ?? :confused:

So if the tablet is in fastboot, you can use fastboot commands ....

If the tablet is in recovery or android you can use adb commands .......

Why are you running fastbooot as sudo ?

What distro are you running ?

How did you install adb/fastboot ?

Thx Josh

Markyd68a

Feb 2, 2008
London
www.markyd.co.uk
Ooo so many questions :)

• The reason I posted both the adb and fastboot commands was to show that there was USB connectivity.
  • I installed the Android SDK which had a section in there with platform tools and run the commands with a " ./ "
  • I used sudo as there seemed to be permissions issues without it.
  • Also installed the app's directly as apt-get install android-tools-adb, android-tools-fastboot but got the same results.
  • Using a Dell Latitude E4300 with Mint 17 and an ASUS X101 with Mint 13

As to what is going on ..... very confused!

Appreciate all the help,

MarkyD

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Ooo so many questions :)

• The reason I posted both the adb and fastboot commands was to show that there was USB connectivity.
  • I installed the Android SDK which had a section in there with platform tools and run the commands with a " ./ "
  • I used sudo as there seemed to be permissions issues without it.
  • Also installed the app's directly as apt-get install android-tools-adb, android-tools-fastboot but got the same results.
  • Using a Dell Latitude E4300 with Mint 17 and an ASUS X101 with Mint 13

As to what is going on ..... very confused!

Appreciate all the help,

MarkyD

Ok lets do this. ..

This is not really a ROM issue ..... :p

Can you shoot me hangouts at jl52741@gmail.com ......

When you have sometime of course .....

Thx Josh

satnile

Nov 30, 2006
Do you have fastboot.exe application in the platform tools folder? if it isn't there then you won't be able to execute fastboot commands.
Is it possible to list what is in the platform tools folder?

Last edited:

Markyd68a

Feb 2, 2008
London
www.markyd.co.uk
Licking the Lolipop

What can I say but Joshua was a complete star and walked me through the install and I am now licking the Lolipop!

Have copied across the notes from our conversation and I am going to do my best to write it all up here, may take a few goes as I need to do some work today ;)

firstly getting the right tools:

sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb
sudo apt-get install android-tools-fastboot​

It looks like the main reason I was not getting much joy with the USB interface was to do with "android rules" looking at the website it looks like USB tweaks for different manufactures ...

create a new file:

gksudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules​

Goto this website https://gist.github.com/lj50036/3b30ecc420b5838646be and copy / paste / save the files into the above.

sudo stop udev
sudo start udev​

Assume this is restarting the USB service or something .... and from this point onwards my FASTBOOT started working. When I get some more time will try and write up the rest of the process, need to work now ... then lick my Lolipop ;)

Hardware Working:

• Screen - is it my old eyes or is the screen just a touch less sharp?
  • Keyboard Dock - including media keys (tested in Kodi)
  • WiFi - No worse than is was before ha ha
  • Card Readers - Tablet and dock readers check out ok so far, but dock reader needed to be re-inserted after the tablet had a little sleep.

Hardware Not Working:

• Cameras - Known issue I believe.
  • 2nd Battery Indecator - ha ha this is how good the ROM is when I am down to moaning about this!

Software Tested:

• Minecraft - Slick and fast nice.
  • Skype - Loaded OK not tested calling yet.
  • Kodi - Streams HD video from NAS nice, video quality is excellent.
  • Facebook - Seems a bit slow but functional.
  • Netflix - Plays fine
  • Chrome - Crashed twice but seems ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: lj50036
Dirty flash, or how to upgrade question

So, I wanted to try a different kernel, and re-flashed the beta the other day. I didn't want to downgrade updated google apps, so I disabled those in installer. Anyhow, the end result was a "broken" rom; ES file manager had an icon, but "wasn't installed", and I had no wifi anymore (maybe worse, I didn't check everything). Flashing a separate 5.1 gapps helped nothing. Ended up wiping everything and re-flashing to "bare metal". Thank goodness for Datasync and Titanium backup!

So I guess I want to know:
- is this manner of installing upgrade/re-flash friendly when done a certain way?
- if not, could we get a "upgrade flash" option that doesn't include or mess with current installed apps? (forgive me if this is ludicrous and unnecessary)

I guess in the end what I did was a silly way of changing kernel, sure, but I still wonder how upgrade friendly the process is. Or did I do something wrong otherwise? The issues I had seem unique to the aroma way of doing things, as I've installed by dirty flash upgrades before with other roms/devices and never had such issues, and a wipe of cache usually fixed anything unforeseen. Thanks in advance.

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
So, I wanted to try a different kernel, and re-flashed the beta the other day. I didn't want to downgrade updated google apps, so I disabled those in installer. Anyhow, the end result was a "broken" rom; ES file manager had an icon, but "wasn't installed", and I had no wifi anymore (maybe worse, I didn't check everything). Flashing a separate 5.1 gapps helped nothing. Ended up wiping everything and re-flashing to "bare metal". Thank goodness for Datasync and Titanium backup!

So I guess I want to know:
- is this manner of installing upgrade/re-flash friendly when done a certain way?
- if not, could we get a "upgrade flash" option that doesn't include or mess with current installed apps? (forgive me if this is ludicrous and unnecessary)

I guess in the end what I did was a silly way of changing kernel, sure, but I still wonder how upgrade friendly the process is. Or did I do something wrong otherwise? The issues I had seem unique to the aroma way of doing things, as I've installed by dirty flash upgrades before with other roms/devices and never had such issues, and a wipe of cache usually fixed anything unforeseen. Thanks in advance.

Yes unpack the zip and flash the boot image/blob from fastboot ....

Thx Josh

Reactions: jacmat

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
BETA2

UPLOADING NEW BETA :D

20150424 ZOMBi-POP 5.1 Beta 2 changes
- Rebased from omni-5.1.1-20150422-zombi_tf300t-KANG maintained by lj50036, hardslog
- New base is from OMNI 5.1.1 merged by lj50036
- Browser History is back again! Thanks lj50036 or Hardslog :)
- You can now choose to install, no GAPPS or minimal GAPPS (just playstore and syncs)
- Updated Google Maps to version 9.7.1
- Updated Google Search to version 4.4.11.16
- Updated Google Mail to verison 5.1.90765967
- Updated Google Calendar to version 5.2-90091543
- Updated Google Hangouts to version 3.1.89134953
- Updated Google Text-to-Speech to version 3.4.6.1819666
- Updated YouTube to version 10.14.56
- Updated ESFileExplorer to version 3.2.5
- Updated Android Terminal to version 1.0.70
- Updated Banks Gapps:
- Google Play Services 7.3.28 (1863718-438)
- Google Play Store 5.4.12
- fixed OC on Some TF201's running Grimlock-lite

Thx Josh

georgepaska

Apr 26, 2009
During upgrading FROM STOCK BOOTLOADER i have a poblem.
I'm getting a dead android with an red excl. mark

Can anyone help on this matter?

All,
The process

Lets start with the TWRP recovery for the 201, let flash it with fastboot...

Power your tablet off and with the [ VOL DOWN & POWER ] buttons boot the tablet into the bootloader

Once there [ VOL DOWN ] untill the green box is on the USB ICON then [ VOL UP ] to select fastboot

Let make sure your PC can see your tablet with this command.

Code:
fastboot devices:

Code:
fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery twrp_tf201t.blob

Then
Code:
fastboot -i 0x0b05 reboot-bootloader

[ VOL UP ] ON RCK to enter recovery

Once in TWRP check to see if adb is working...

Code:
adb devices

Trying to reinstall twrp gives a
Code:
C:\adb>fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery twrp_tf201t.blob
OKAY [  2.231s]
writing 'recovery'...
[B][COLOR="Red"]FAILED (remote: (InvalidState))[/COLOR][/B]
finished. total time: 3.315s

Last edited:

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
During upgrading FROM STOCK BOOTLOADER i have a poblem.
I'm getting a dead android with an red excl. mark

Can anyone help on this matter?

Trying to reinstall twrp gives a
Code:
C:\adb>fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery twrp_tf201t.blob
OKAY [  2.231s]
writing 'recovery'...
[B][COLOR="Red"]FAILED (remote: (InvalidState))[/COLOR][/B]
finished. total time: 3.315s

The twrp_tf201t.blob is only for the stock bootloader of the 201 ....

Maybe try a different usb port ?

The tablet is in fastboot yes ?

If all else fails shoot me a hangouts at jl52741@gmail.com

and we can have a closer look ....

Thx Josh

Reactions: georgepaska
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nC21CFE.png

redLine.png

YOU MUST BE ON THE HAIRYBEAN 2.31 JB 4.2.1 BOOTLOADER VERSION 10.6.1.27.1 AND TWRP 2.8.0.0.+ OR CWM 6.5.0.0+ BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM. SEE UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW IF YOU ARE UNSURE
    redLine.png

redLine.png

You must do a full wipe in recovery if coming from another ROM. Do not do a full wipe from the bootloader. Don't forget to do a Nandroid Backup first and give the ROM 15 mins to stabilise! The first boot will take 15 minutes!
    redLine.png

h2jNAAe.png

yODCOhj.png

YZEfbqi.png

8iePQZK.png

utvlsKx.png

PkxLwHO.png

Gf7A5HB.png

UL3nHnj.jpg

YAjFAgY.png

Features and Tweaks
    • This ROM is based from OMNI AOSP sources
    • Supports EXT4 and F2FS Data partitions
    • Based off omni-5.1.1-20150508-zombi_tf300t-KANG source by lj50036/hardslog
    • Full Aroma Installer for main rom including choice of 4 kernels and ROM2SD/DATA2SD/F2FS support :)
    • Remixed _thatv11 kernel with OMNI ramdisk - repacked by sbdags
    • Grimlock kernel with OMNI ramdisk and _that init - by hardslog
    • DPI Size: 160 (TF300 recommended small fonts), 240 (Stock fonts), 224 (Medium fonts) & 200 (Small fonts), 180 (Tiny fonts) & 160 (Specsavers fonts)
    • Launchers: Omni, Google Experience Launcher, Apex , Nova
    • Boot Animations: ZOMBi-POP, Android-L, Nexus Phase Beam
    • Gapps (updated by me to Google latest apks and libs)
    • Misc Apps: ESFile Explorer, Adobe Flash, AdAway, Titanium Backup, Keyboard Manager
    • Tweaks: File system and performance optimised, Init.d support, Zip Align, Force GPU Rendering, Browser2RAM
    • Continued Best Support of any ROM!

• Warning - experimental tweaks
      [*]Option to enable / disable data journaling on /data during install - CAN CAN CAUSE DATA LOSS IF SUDDEN SHUTDOWN OR CRASH
      [*]Option to enable / disable fsync during install - CAN CAN CAUSE DATA LOSS IF SUDDEN SHUTDOWN OR CRASH

[*]Tip 1: Go to Settings - About Tablet, Click build number 7 times
      Now you will see Developer Settings & Performance menus

Bug List
      [*]No Floating windows yet

Change Log

20150728 ZOMBi-POP RC1 changes
    - RELEASE CANDIDATE 1!
    - Fixed the problem with ROM2SD and DATA2SD not working correctly on beta 4
    - Added SuperUser and Secure Kernel as options to the installer (Turn these off for work wifi or watching sky go, etc)
    - Added dock battery icon as an option to the installer under tweaks
    - Fixed partitions not getting unmounted correctly for tuning during installation
    - Fixed WiFi across the unified bases for TF700/TF300/TF201
    - OmniSwitch now working - thanks hardslog
    - Tidied up some installer messages
    - Google play services updated to unified version for all devices
    - Updated Google Maps to version 9.12.0
    - Updated Google TTS to version 3.5.6
    - Updated Google Calendar to version 5.2.2-98195638
    - Updated YouTube to version 10.28.59
    - Updated Apex Launcher to version 3.1.0

20150723 ZOMBi-POP Beta 4 changes
    - Unified Aroma installer for TF700/TF300/TF201
    - Rebased from omni-5.1.1-20150718-zombi_tf300t-KANG maintained by lj50036, hardslog, sbdags
    - Merged source from omni-5.1.1-20150718-zombi_tf700t/tf201t-KANG maintained by lj50036, hardslog
    - Updated all kernels and modules to the unified versions - thanks lj50036
    - Added inverted kernel for TF201 users
    - Aroma re-written to allow multi device selection and detection
    - Additional tweaks added from TF701 Zombi-pop
    - Amended SuperSU installer script to give correct permissions and install locations
    - Reverted to latest Banks Gapps - means another wipe - sorry!
    - Updated Google Calendar, Google Mail, Google Hangouts, YouTube, Google Search & Google Maps to latest versions
    - Updated ESFile Explorer and Nova Launcher to latest versions
    - Added flashable zip to enable dock battery - NOTE - this means you can't change the battery icon

20150119 ZOMBi-POP Beta 3 changes
    - Rebased from omni-5.1.1-20150508-zombi_tf300t-KANG maintained by lj50036, hardslog
    - Repacked Grimlock kernel for 5.1.1 (Grimlock lite is still using 5.0)
    - Retweaked some File System and Virtual Memory parameters - focus on smoothness and battery
    - Added Aroma code to remember previous selections as well as offer various installs
    - sbdags best auto install, omni default auto install, previous options and previous auto install
    - Viper4Android sound enhancer updated to lollipop version + updated the audio_effect.conf file
    - Updated Google Play Store to version 5.5.8
    - Updated Google Play Services to version 7.3.29
    - Updated Google Search to version 4.5.13.19
    - Updated Google Maps to version 9.8.1
    - Updated Google Hangouts to version 3.2.91698097
    - Updated Google Play Music to version 5.9.1854R
    - Updated Google Calendar to version 5.2-91668080
    - Updated ESFileExplorer to version 3.2.5.1
    - Fixed swipe gestures on google keyboard
    - Fix for Battery Drain on Google Play Services
    - Removed Titanium Backup from the zip file

20150422 ZOMBi-POP 5.1 Beta 2 changes
    - Rebased from omni-5.1.1-20150422-zombi_tf300t-KANG maintained by lj50036, hardslog
    - You can now choose to install, no GAPPS or minimal GAPPS (just playstore and syncs)
    - Updated Banks Gapps:

20150119 ZOMBi-POP Beta 1 changes
    - First public release
    - Added Linrao Grimlocks kernel (needs more testing)
    - Fixed auto-rotate (Thx hardslog)
    - AOSP browser materialized (green)

20150119 ZOMBi-POP Alpah 4 changes
    - New name - new logo! ZOMBi-POP
    - Rethemed Aroma to new ZOMBi-POP theme
    - Added 2 optional beta tweaks for testing (screen and kernel)
    - Fixed _thatv11 kernel option
    - Added Grimlock v5.0 (not tested)

20150118 Lollipop Alpha 3 changes
    - Updated to latest OMNI Lollipop source omni-5.0.2-20150117-zombi_tf700t-KANG maintained by lj50036
    - Fixed issue with AOSP Browser getting installed when not selected
    - Fixed issue with Live Wallpapers getting installed when not selected
    - Fixed issue with Launcher3 getting installed when not selected
    - Fixed issue with Terminal not getting installed when selected
    - Fixed issue with DSPManager still getting installed when Viper4fx is installed
    - Removed stock calendar as google app one is far superior
    - Fixed init.d scripts not running due to wrong permissions and wrong ramdisk init.rc call

20150117 Lollipop Alpha 2 changes
    - Updated system and data apps to use new lollipop structures
    - Updated all apps to latest versions
    - Removed xposed as not compaitble with lollipop
    - Tweaked the force gpu options

20150111 Lollipop Alpha 1 changes
    - Updated to latest OMNI Lollipop source maintained by lj50036
    - New PA GApps Lollipop version 2015
    - Initial Beta test build to see what works and what doesn't

The Team
    • @sbdags - Creative Mastermind (From CROMi-X/CROMBi-kk/ZOMBi-X ROMS)
    • @lj50036 - Source Guy (From CROMBi-kk/ZOMBI-X ROMS)
    • @hardslog - The Canadian (From Grimlock ROMS)

Credits
    • Google
    • Omni Team - Thanks!
    • @_that For all the great advice, watching over us and fixing everything we break!!!!!
    • All the beta testers for your patience and feedback : fatboyinlycra, berndblb, drewski_1, duckredbeard, keshavmot2, corb06, jmaybush, JoJoDaClown, kansasboy001, TrofeoSC

To Do
    • Fix loads of stuff! :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    ZOMBi-POP, ROM for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime

Contributors
    lj50036, hardslog, sbdags, _that
    Source Code: https://github.com/zombi-x-lp

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    ROM Firmware Required: JB Ending with 27.1 or 27.5 bootloader
    Based On: OMNI AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 20150728 RC1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-07-28
    Current Beta Version: 20150723 Beta 4
    Beta Release Date: 2015-07-23

Created 2015-01-30
    Last Updated 2015-07-27
    ZOMBI 5.1

Uploading now ...... :D

changelog ZOMBi-POP 5.1 Beta 1
    - Rebased from omni-5.1-20150330-zombi_tf300t-KANG maintained by lj50036 & harslog
    - Adaptive brigtness fixed and values changed
    - Browser speed tweaks incorporated into source
    - OmniSwitch updates
    - Settings changes to alarms and notification interruptions
    - Updated Google Music to version 5.8.1836R
    - Removed Titanium Launcher - as it needs to be installed form the store now
    - Testing Aroma 3.00 scripts from Amarullz
    - Repacked omni / _that kernel with preinit init binary
    - Updated YouTube, Hangouts, Google Search, Calendar, Maps to latest 5.1 versions
    - Updated Google Play Store and Services to 5.1 versions
    - Updated Apex Launcher to version 3.0.3
    - Recompiled Browser.apk with speed tweaks
    - Moved tibu to system to try and fix install issues
    - Shrunk all gapps by removing duplicate lib files from binaries
    - Cleaned up gapps inconsistencies (sbdags)
    BETA2

UPLOADING NEW BETA :D

20150424 ZOMBi-POP 5.1 Beta 2 changes
    - Updated Banks Gapps:

Thx Josh
    Reserved

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS

Steps

1. Refer to the bottom of post #3 UPGRADE FROM STOCK BOOTLODER

2. If you haven’t yet, unlock your TF201 by following these instructions.

3. Install the latest version of Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) 2.7+ or ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0+ Note this ROM will NOT install with older versions of recovery!

TWRP HOME

Download the recovery file from above, put it into the same folder where you have adb and fastboot files. Please rename it to twrp.blob or cwm.img and follow the instructions below:

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    To flash the recovery:

Code:
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery cwm.img
    or

Code:
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery twrp.blob
    A blue bar will go accross the screen on the tab and the command prompt will indicate it was successful in about 10 seconds

Then reboot the tablet either back to the bootloader or to android to complete

Code:
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot-bootloader
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot
    You can now access the recovery by pushing [volume up] on the RCK icon in the bootloader screen

FLASHING THE ROM FROM RECOVERY

Steps

1. Download the ROM below and save to your internal or external SD Card. Do not unzip the file.

ZOMBi-POP ROM DOWNLOAD
    Note: The first boot after install will take 15 mins whilst everything is built. Some people might think it is looping but it is not. The ROM also takes about 15 mins to stabilise after the first boot

ZOMBi-POP RC1 LP 5.1 Full Mirror 1

ZOMBi-POP RC1 LP 5.1 Full Mirror 2

MD5 Sum: e3980e1bffa539e676ac1269268abcd1

Flash this patch please as there is a file missing that gives better performance

RC1 Performance Patch

MD5 Sum: 4fbf9d5f934fa40a6e33ac409f703fcd

FILES ARE SIGNED. IF YOU ENABLE SIGNATURE VERIFICATION IN RECOVERY IT WILL VALIDATE THE FILE BEFORE FLASHING.

ROM2SD/DATA2SD USERS PLEASE READ!

ROM2SD only works if you have ZOMBI-POP, ZOMBi-X, CROMBi-kk, CROMi-X or miniC flashed on internal with a THATv10+ kernel. Just choose ROM2SD in the installer of ZOMBi-POP to flash it to ROM2SD and the installer will do the rest.

- Install ZOMBi-POP and choose ROM2SD or DATA2SD install

The ROM2SD1.zip below is only needed if you need to switch your recovery to between normal and rom2sd mode. For Example you want to backup or restore a rom2sd installation. Flash once to go rom2sd and flash again to go back to normal. A reboot always puts you back to normal. Thanks to _that!

ROM2SD1.zip Download Mirror 1

ROM2SD1.zip Download Mirror 2

MD5 Sum: 7b699136d59ea3d5538570ccaf422acf

The DATA2SD1.zip below is only needed if you need to switch your recovery to between normal and data2sd mode. For Example you want to backup or restore a data2sd installation. Flash once to go data2sd and flash again to go back to normal. A reboot always puts you back to normal.

DATA2SD1.zip Download Mirror 1

DATA2SD1.zip Download Mirror 2

MD5 Sum: 9d5e9e2fd32593f981624499b37924b2

2. Boot to recovery – Either choose Boot to Recovery from the Power Menu if available on your current ROM or from the tablet power off hold the [volume down] button and press the [power] button. Once your see the flashing RCK icon, press [volume up] to select. If another icon is flashing use [volume down] to move between icons.

3. Using your recovery make a Nandroid Backup of your current setup

4. Select install and navigate to where you saved your ROM zip file.

5. Choose the ZOMBi-POP zip file and follow the on screen prompts to customize your installation.

6. Reboot and enjoy.

Using GParted to setup a micro SD for ROM2SD or DATA2SD!

First and foremost - DO NOT USE MINI TOOL!

Formatting a micro sd card for ROM2SD
    Note for DATA2SD just do one partition in stead of 2 ;)

We will be using a GParted Live boot USB and a FAST good quality micro sd like a Sandisk or Samsung Class 10 - SDHC/SDXC UHS-1 card with read speed of at least 20MB/S. If you have a cheap chinese eBay card don't bother - they are not good enough.

You will also need a USB Stick with at least 1GB size. Note this process formats the USB disk so don't keep any important files on it. It will also wipe your micro sd so make sure you are prepared.

1. Go to the link below and download the GParted Live CD/USB/HD/PXE Bootable Image and save it somewhere you remember
    http://gparted.sourceforge.net/download.php
    2. Download Linux Live USB Creator and install it
    http://www.linuxliveusb.com/

3. Fire up LiLi USB Creator:
    a. Choose your USB key - I,e, the drive letter for your USB (not sd card)
    b. Choose your GParted iso image for the source
    c. Choose the check box to Format Key in FAT32 and hide files
    d. Click the lightning bolt to create
    OZHOmQn.png

4. Now you have a bootable disk you need to boot from it. You may need to alter you BIOS Settings on your PC to boot from a USB Stick but mine did it without messing.
    5. Insert your micro SD card into an SD Card adapter and insert into PC
    6. Boot into GParted ;)
    3FFqWmn.png

7. Choose Gparted Live <Enter>
    8. Don’t touch keymap <Enter>
    9. Languge <Enter>
    10. Start Gparted Automatically
    11. Change device to your micro sd )it will default to you hard disk - hda– mine is /dev/sdc

gsiR9qR.png

12. Delete all existing partitions

For a 64GB card: (resize as needed but /system doesn't need to be bigger than 1GB)
    13. Create new, always select primary: do this 3 times.
    14. FAT 32 : Size 16GB – this will be /dev/sdc1 in gparted and will be your sdcard for storage in Android
    15. EXT4 : Size 42GB – this will be /dev/sdc2 in gparted and will be your /data partition in Android
    16. EXT4 : Size 1GB – this will be /dev/sdc3 in gparted and will be your /system partition in Android (not needed for data2sd)

eXFznzI.png

Apply, wait until it finishes and then reboot. Remember to remove the usb stick ;)

*Images stolen from elsewhere as I couldn’t get it to save mine :(

Now you are ready to install ROM2SD. Note if you want to use DATA2SD then only do 2 partitions 1x FAT32 and 1x larger EXT4

Then reinstall ZOMBi-POP but this time choose the ROM2SD / DATA2SD option
    BETA 3

BETA 3 coming your way !!!!

- Rebased from omni-5.0.2-2015-02-11-zombi_tf300t-KANG source maintained by lj50036
    - Updated Grimlock Kernels for exfat and ntfs support (hopefully!)
    - New Kernel - Grimlock LITE - OC reduced to 1700mhz and voltage reduced for better battery/heat
    - Rebuilt _that/omni kernel with oom patches and repacked ramdisk
    - Reverted some vm and kernel tweaks which seems to have got performance back on track
    - Reverted read_ahead_kb to 4096 as no benefit to 2048
    - Fixed Tibu not installing correctly and updated to version 7.0.0.2
    - Removed Chrome and Dolphin / Flash
    - Rebuilt all GAPPS from latest PA GAPPS modular package Feb 2015
    - Resized Nexus-Lollipop bootanimation
    - Added the Unknown Pleasures bootanimation
    - Aroma theme updated - thanks Shonkin for the bg picture
    - Fixed Overclocking not working on data2sd with _that's kernel. You now get 4x1800 cores on data2sd
    - CPU will use all 4 cores at 90% max load instead of 85% on basic cpu tweaks
    - Fixed missing sdcardi on grimlock kernel
    - Fixed init.d on Grimlock 5 kernel by repacking init.zombi.rc
    - Fixed zipalign script so it runs properly once after a dirty or clean install
    - Set the lowmemorykiller to less aggressive 2048,4096,8192,16384,24576,32768 via init.d script
    - Rewrote Aroma installer which gets us a step closer to it remembering previous installs (but not yet!)
    - Split out the extra tweaks into two parts for further debugging - Basic and Extended
    - Spilt out Disable Software Rendering and Force GPU rendering for further testing
    - Reordered init.d scripts to make more sense
    - Updated Titanium Backup to version 7.0.0 and cleaned up installation script
    - Force GPU Rendering is not getting applied correctly - do it manually for now