[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][STABLE&DEV] TWRP [TF300T/TF201] | DISCONTINUED

Search This thread
Never thought about using Terminal to flash something. However needed to use /storage/sdcard1/recovery.img as with /emulated/0 i always got cant read, no file or sth like that.

Now i have different question: Using this recovery can i change filesystem of /system or /cache? I know im doing it on my own responsibility, but before i would like to know if it (1) works and is meant to be used (not future addon, which part we can see now), and (2) is "restore backup" (didnt know how to call it) using make-f2fs or something which leave partition as f2fs when restoring backup? That way i would need only make backuo->format->restore and voila, everything is back ;)

Sent using TF300T - CyanogenMod 11.0/GEASS (F2FS)

das chaos

Jan 28, 2014
Never thought about using Terminal to flash something. However needed to use /storage/sdcard1/recovery.img as with /emulated/0 i always got cant read, no file or sth like that.

Now i have different question: Using this recovery can i change filesystem of /system or /cache? I know im doing it on my own responsibility, but before i would like to know if it (1) works and is meant to be used (not future addon, which part we can see now), and (2) is "restore backup" (didnt know how to call it) using make-f2fs or something which leave partition as f2fs when restoring backup? That way i would need only make backuo->format->restore and voila, everything is back ;)

Don't know why you can't stage via terminal. /storage/sdcard1 with command dd won't work, because sdcard1 is vfat, but /storage/emulated/0 should work (if you have unzipped recovery.img there).

(1) You can format with ne0zones TWRP any partition with f2fs. But it makes sense only with /data partiton as long as there are only kernels that cannot handle 'all-f2fs'.
(2) As f2fs is an encrypted filesystem, you can restore to f2fs partitions only encrypted backups. Howewer I think there is an option in the tab 'advanced' to switch to non-encrypted backup. Didn't try that.

Last edited:
Reactions: ch3mn3y
For me sdcard1 worked even if its vfat, but internal didnt want, but important is that it worked (at least).
(1) so maybe i will try other partition just for myself to found pros and cons
(2) didnt even now about possibility to encrypt backup so dont know if i used it or not

Thanks for all answers

das chaos

Jan 28, 2014
(1) so maybe i will try other partition just for myself to found pros and cons

Don't! If you format /system to f2fs, ROM will not install! If you format /cache to f2fs, apps will not be initialized (see warnings in attached screenshot). The advanced speed of f2fs only make sense with /data, otherwise devs would have applied it to other partitions. 'All-f2fs' systems exist only for some devices (I think there are some on Nexus, don't remember).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-07-00-46-11.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-07-00-46-11.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Reactions: ch3mn3y
@scanno
@ne0zone75
on scanno's 2.7.0.1 twrp the dock keyboard functions in twrp, I havn't tried the last twrp that ne0zone75 has released, but the first ones the dock keyboard would not work in his twrp. I was wondering if this was sorted or even reported and if scanno could help you fix it.(since it worked with his) Thanks for all your hard work.

Last edited:
Reactions: ne0zone75

scanno

Mar 27, 2008
Arnhem
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hello,

Just a little post to let you know that today i will probably build TWRP 2.8.0.0 (source code has been merged upstream recently) for TF300T/TF201.

My very best regards

The source code is building, if it is booting is another question. FYI each time i make a build, the TWRP source code is building also and if there is an error in building, it would not result in a finished build. The last time i build for TF300T was 7 days ago.

Regards,
Scanno

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

@scanno
@ne0zone75
on scanno's 2.7.0.1 twrp the dock keyboard functions in twrp, I havn't tried the last twrp that ne0zone75 has released, but the first ones the dock keyboard would not work in his twrp. I was wondering if this was sorted or even reported and if scanno could help you fix it.(since it worked with his) Thanks for all your hard work.

In the BoardConfig.mk the default TWRP keyboard layout is overwriten by a device specific one.

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
The source code is building, if it is booting is another question. FYI each time i make a build, the TWRP source code is building also and if there is an error in building, it would not result in a finished build. The last time i build for TF300T was 7 days ago.

Regards,
Scanno

Hi,

Are you saying that your 2.8.0.0 builds are not booting ?!

In the BoardConfig.mk the default TWRP keyboard layout is overwriten by a device specific one.

Which specific hardware keyboard layout are you using please ? My builds are using the one embedded into TWRP sources tree (located in /bootable/recovery/gui directory) and AFAIK dock keyboard was working...

My kindest regards

PS : Anyway, i am already checking all build items out and i do think that new builds will be offered as TRYOUTS later today...

Stay tuned !

das chaos

Jan 28, 2014
@ne0zone75

dev, please check your zips. The last ones, as some user mention, don't flash via discovery. I myself apply them via terminal emulator, so I don't have that problem, but I tried the last Dev-branch just for science to flash via recovery and it won't stage; maybe check meta-infs/installation scripts.

Last edited:

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
[MENTION]@ne0zone75[/MENTION]

dev, please check your zips. The last ones, as some user mention, don't flash via discovery. I myself apply them via terminal emulator, so I don't have that problem, but I tried the last Dev-branch just for science to flash via recovery and it won't stage; maybe check meta-infs/installation scripts.

Hi and thanks for your feedback,

I have already took it into consideration... but i am currently at the updates building step ! :angel: ;)

BTW, as you already know i cannot test new files out by myself because i do not own any device that matches my current projects over xda anymore... (i only own a TF701T ATM)

Finally, for the issue you are referring to, i will double check every upcoming release before it goes to TRYOUT section...

Regards

scanno

Mar 27, 2008
Arnhem
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi,

Are you saying that your 2.8.0.0 builds are not booting ?!

Which specific hardware keyboard layout are you using please ? My builds are using the one embedded into TWRP sources tree (located in /bootable/recovery/gui directory) and AFAIK dock keyboard was working...

My kindest regards

PS : Anyway, i am already checking all build items out and i do think that new builds will be offered as TRYOUTS later today...

Stay tuned !
TWRP 2.8.0.0 is booting, but i have display problems (same as with 2.7.1.0) while using my omni tree.

If you have an image, i can test if you want

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
TWRP 2.8.0.0 is booting, but i have display problems (same as with 2.7.1.0) while using my omni tree.

If you have an image, i can test if you want

Of course Yes ! I do accept with great pleasure ! I will send you a restricted Google Drive download link as soon as it is built (EXT4 version). ;) :good:

Now..., are you using the 'RGBX_8888' flag by any chance ?! If it is the case, i would suggest that you try to build again without it... because it was causing weird display issues for me when building along with CyanogenMod's sources...

Greetings

Last edited:

scanno

Mar 27, 2008
Arnhem
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
bu8y5agy.jpg

Recovery image working,so is the screenshot feature. Partitions are recognized.

Flashing a homebuild omnirom went fine... a few remarks .see attached screenshots.

usygyqu2.jpg

Font size is a bit big

ega7a5et.jpg

In see 2 data partitions.
Verstuurd vanaf mijn TF300T met Tapatalk

Last edited:

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
TWRP 2.8.0.0 is released as a preview (buggy) | TRYOUTS are only a 2.7.1.0 fallback !

Allright, thanks a lot @scanno for your feedback !

I will set font size a little bit lower... and i renamed the display name of every partition and it was a bad idea because now both /data and /data/media do appear with the same name... :confused: => fixed and rebuilding ATM...

Anyway, download links are updated on post #1 for 2.8 (xda downloads tab will be updated later) and these links will be updated again today with both branches recompiled and fixed ! Then, if there is no reason to keep 2.7 fallback (you will tell me) -> TRYOUTS links will be removed !

Tried 2.8.0.0 and found few bugs different than double /data.
uploadfromtaptalk1410114877698.jpg
As pic show backup tab and there is dock sdcard with 169mb free, however when making screenshots i wasnt using dock
The same here:
uploadfromtaptalk1410114991363.jpg
Its where u choose storage used right now in twrp. But know there is more free space.

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Tried 2.8.0.0 and found few bugs different than double /data.
View attachment 2928353
As pic show backup tab and there is dock sdcard with 169mb free, however when making screenshots i wasnt using dock
The same here:
View attachment 2928356
Its where u choose storage used right now in twrp. But know there is more free space.

Hi and thanks for pointing that one out... currently building releases will also have this bug fixed !

Anyway, all my apologies to everyone for all of this.. :confused:

Best regards

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
TWRP 2.8.0.0 for TF300T/TF201 released..., again !

Hi all,

v2.8 from STABLE branch is downloadable again (post #1 is updated) :

-> font size adjusted
-> no more double /data display
-> Dock SD card should work

v2.8 from DEV branch will be available for download again in a few moments...

Stay tuned !

PS : As always, feel free to report back whenever you want...

NB : I have kept last known good builds of 2.7 (no TRYOUTS) and if you want me to link them again from post #1..., just let me know !

EDIT : v2.8 from both STABLE & DEV branches are now available for download again !

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP for Transformer Pad (compatible with Transformer Prime)
    DISCONTINUED

mnkt.png

Team Win Recovery Project 2.8, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. TeamWin team started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of their own features. It is a fully touch driven user interface; no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DISCLAIMER : TeamWin team and myself will never ever be responsible for any damages you do to your device !

ALL CREDIT GOES TO AND ONLY TO :

-> TeamWin & omnirom teams (TWRP tree)
    -> CyanogenMod team (ROM, device and kernel trees)
    -> TheMuppets team (vendor tree)

NOTE : i am not affiliated with any of the teams mentioned above...

INSTALLATION :

=> Option 1 : your device does not have any custom recovery yet ! Please download any of the flashable .zip file below that you are interested in ;) Unzip it and flash recovery.img to your device using fastboot (your tablet must be in fastboot mode [bootloader menu]).
    => Option 2 : a custom recovery has already been flashed to your device ! Please download the flashable .zip file below that you are interested in and flash it from recovery as usual (don't forget to disable .zip signature checking in your current recovery...). From now on (2014-09-01) ALL my .zip files will be signed, so you will be able to flash them with .zip signature checking ON from recovery ! :good: :cowboy: :cool:

DOWNLOADS : <= CUSTOM RECOVERY FLASHABLE AND WITH DOCK SD CARD SUPPORT AS EXTERNAL STORAGE

=> STABLE branch : stable ! Includes all upstream merged commits ! EXT4+F2FS <= PLEASE DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL BUILD FROM TEAMWIN WEBSITE ! THANK YOU !
    -> custom TWRP for TF300T (TF201 compatible) [without any device checking] | STABLE ()

=> DEV branch : not as stable as the regular one BUT you can safely flash and use it ;) EXT4+F2FS
    -> custom TWRP for TF300T (TF201 compatible) [without any device checking] | DEV () <= NO FILES IN THIS CATEGORY ATM...

=> TRYOUTS : because i do not have a TF300T anymore, ALL releases will be community tested BEFORE they are flagged as working... :good: (do not worry if you decide to test one out, i will give you a procedure below to test it WITHOUT installing it to your device ;))

PLEASE DO PREFER FILES ABOVE (STABLE & DEV), ATM TRYOUTS ARE STILL THERE AS A FALLBACK ! Thank you !

TESTING OUT A RECOVERY IMAGE WITHOUT INSTALLING IT TO YOUR DEVICE : APPLY ANY CASE :good:

-> unzip any of my zipped recovery images you might be interested in...
    -> in the unzipped directory where there is recovery.img, simply input the following fastboot command :
    Code:
    # fastboot boot recovery.img
    :highfive: :good: (your device must be loaded to its bootloader menu [fastboot enabled on it]; if you are using Linux and have adb/fastboot installed on your computer, then the above shell command works as is (you may have to add 'sudo' before it onto Ubuntu / Debian based distributions; if your are using Windows then document yourself on how send properly a fastboot command to your tablet...) =>
    Code:
    # fastboot -i 0x0B05 boot recovery.img
    SHOULD work...

INFO 1 : If you get a failure when flashing from recovery with regular / PhilZ CWM or legacy TWRP, please use the corresponding file WITHOUT device checking... thank you ! :good:

INFO 2 : STABLE branch DOWNLOADS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE FROM THE DOWNLOADS TAB OF THIS PROJECT ;)

INFO 3 : The 'take a screenshot' from recovery feature is now merged upstream, so both STABLE & DEV branches ship with it ! :good:... Simply press 'volume down' + 'power' hardware keys on your device in order to save a screenshot from recovery to your microSD card (files are saved on it to 'Pictures/Screenshots' directory...)

Happy flashing :D

NOTE : I've started building it for myself, now i'm sharing it ! I use it everyday and still do not have any issue ! Anyway you can feel free to report back ;) Any feedback will ever be greatly appreciated !

PS : Flashing KK ROMs with this recovery is OK (it's its main purpose...), Flashing JB ones has not been tested yet so please report back if anything goes wrong with JB ROMs... Thank you !

NOTE : If you are interested in my work and download my files, please report back AND hit my THANKS button if you think i deserve it ! Thank you !​

PS : TWRP for TF300T is available as two separate download categories : STABLE & DEV branches ! The DEV branch is based off the stable one and is including features that are not available in the STABLE one yet (as upstream merged commits...) ! So the DEV branch is as stable as the STABLE one except for currently previewed features...

Have fun with it :good:​

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP for TF300T/TF201 [UNOFFICIAL], Tool/Utility for the Asus Transformer TF300T

Contributors
    ne0zone75, lj50036

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: STABLE
    Current Beta Version: DEV

Created 2014-06-04
    Last Updated 2015-02-23
    ALL my TWRP for TF300T builds are now updated to v2.7.1.0 !

Hello all,

Today i am releasing TWRP 2.7.1.0 builds for both STABLE and DEV branches. Both download sources links (Dev-Host on post number 1 and xda downloads tab) are now updated :good:

You will find TWRP 2.7.1.0 changelog below (grabbed from official TeamWin website) :

What's new in 2.7.1.0:
    • Add GUI option to change or repair file systems on individual partitions. The change is destructive so backup your data including internal sdcard first. This option should make it a little easier to migrate a device from ext4 -> f2fs, for instance. You will find this option under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, then select only one partition and then press the Repair or Change File System button. If a developer has added f2fs support for your device and we don't have it in TWRP, please contact me via PM to arrange for it to be added.
    • Various bugfixes to backup and restore
    • Improvements to USB storage handling
    • Added a class to search for files to make finding the correct brightness file automatic in most cases
    • Various other bugfixes and tweaks

Best regards
    New files will be released this weekend :

-> repo synced to latest version (omnirom tree)
    -> dock keyboard will be fixed
    -> files naming will be changed according to @bovirus request which was a very good idea... thanks !

Regards

Sent from my GT-I9195
    New TRYOUT builds are online !

Good morning,

TWRP 2.8.3.0 updates for TF201/TF300T are now available for download from AFH. There are a few things to know about them before flashing... :

-> they are built from omnirom kitkat sources (i never built from those before...) BUT TWRP sources come from the omnirom android-5.0 branch
    -> they are TRYOUT builds : simply report any issue in this thread, thank you !
    -> EXT4 version has full crypto. support
    -> F2FS version does not have any crypto. support
    -> dock hardware keyboard should work...

Huge thanks to @lj50036 ! I added the F2FS functionality for /data to the omnirom kernel for TF201/TF300T by using several commits of his personal github repositories...

=> TWRP 2.8.3.0 EXT4 TRYOUT
    => TWRP 2.8.3.0 F2FS TRYOUT

PS : files are available as flashable ZIPs BUT you can also use the fastboot method described in the opening post of this thread...

NB : if these TRYOUTS are working as they should, they will replace files available in opening post of this thread in about one week, when feedback will be there...

Kind regards
    TWRP 2.8.0.0 for TF300T/TF201 released..., again !

Hi all,

v2.8 from STABLE branch is downloadable again (post #1 is updated) :

-> font size adjusted
    -> no more double /data display
    -> Dock SD card should work

v2.8 from DEV branch will be available for download again in a few moments...

Stay tuned !

PS : As always, feel free to report back whenever you want...

NB : I have kept last known good builds of 2.7 (no TRYOUTS) and if you want me to link them again from post #1..., just let me know !

EDIT : v2.8 from both STABLE & DEV branches are now available for download again !