Asus TF300T {unlocked} {rooted} 4.2.1 - HDMI Connection help!

Search This thread
Jun 21, 2013
Nashville
Before I rooted and unlocked my tablet, I was able to hook up a micro HDMI and output to my flat screen. Since I did all that (and subsequently also deleted a lot of bloatware), when I connect it now it does one of two things:
1) Nothing at all, tv does not show it as being input and screen doesn't change at all.
or
2) tv screen doesn't change, but on the tablet it will say "HDMI connected" and "Click to change settings" - When I click on the settings, it says something about 3D stereoscopic being disabled but doesn't give me the option to ENABLE it.
So just knowing these things, I have concluded that:
-It is not the TV, as it worked before.
-While there may be something going on with the mini HDMI port, such as wiggling it or pushing it further in, even that fix does not overcome the inability to enable or change HDMI settings.
- It is possible that I have deleted something that previously was allowing HDMI out to TV work.( Any ideas on which app/software would determine that? like NVIDIA or something?)

anyone have ideas on a workaround? thanks!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Before I rooted and unlocked my tablet, I was able to hook up a micro HDMI and output to my flat screen. Since I did all that (and subsequently also deleted a lot of bloatware), when I connect it now it does one of two things:
1) Nothing at all, tv does not show it as being input and screen doesn't change at all.
or
2) tv screen doesn't change, but on the tablet it will say "HDMI connected" and "Click to change settings" - When I click on the settings, it says something about 3D stereoscopic being disabled but doesn't give me the option to ENABLE it.
So just knowing these things, I have concluded that:
-It is not the TV, as it worked before.
-While there may be something going on with the mini HDMI port, such as wiggling it or pushing it further in, even that fix does not overcome the inability to enable or change HDMI settings.
- It is possible that I have deleted something that previously was allowing HDMI out to TV work.( Any ideas on which app/software would determine that? like NVIDIA or something?)

anyone have ideas on a workaround? thanks!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

I thought we lost ability to change hdmi settings with the upgrade to 4.2.1? As far as I'm aware it just works when you plug it in.

Maybe you deleted some files you shouldn't?