Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,671 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Computer will not see tf300t in fastboot

Tip us?

trinity343
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] Computer will not see tf300t in fastboot

hey i've tried searching the forum and couldn't find anything the helped.

i'm trying to load a custom ROM on my transformer but i can not get my computer to recognize my tablet in fastboot

i have already unlocked the device. i can get the bootloader menu on the tablet but when it's connected to my computer and i go into cmd i will type fastboot devices and it doesn't see anything it just goes straight to the next prompt.

i'd tried reloading the drivers and this has not worked either.

any ideas?

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity343 View Post
hey i've tried searching the forum and couldn't find anything the helped.

i'm trying to load a custom ROM on my transformer but i can not get my computer to recognize my tablet in fastboot

i have already unlocked the device. i can get the bootloader menu on the tablet but when it's connected to my computer and i go into cmd i will type fastboot devices and it doesn't see anything it just goes straight to the next prompt.

i'd tried reloading the drivers and this has not worked either.

any ideas?
Try using a different USB port or cable. What does the device show up as in device manager on your computer?
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE

trinity343
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
Try using a different USB port or cable. What does the device show up as in device manager on your computer?
i'll try a different port but the computer does recognize the tablet plugged in when it's fully booted. had it listed as Asus Transformer TF300T.

don't have another cable i can use.

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 375
Quote:
i'll try a different port but the computer does recognize the tablet plugged in when it's fully booted. had it listed as Asus Transformer TF300T.

don't have another cable i can use.
Are you using the full Android SDK for fastboot or one of the minimal versions? You may want to try a minimal version to get a fresh install of fastboot. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317790
My Devices:

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!

trinity343
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
Are you using the full Android SDK for fastboot or one of the minimal versions? You may want to try a minimal version to get a fresh install of fastboot. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317790
Using a minimal that i installed a while ago. though now that i'm thinking about it my desktop didn't recognize my last phone either. had to do it on my laptop

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 375
Quote:
Using a minimal that i installed a while ago. though now that i'm thinking about it my desktop didn't recognize my last phone either. had to do it on my laptop
Yeah you may want to give that minimal a reinstall or install a newer version of it.
My Devices:

Asus Tf300t (CM11)