Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,461 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Which digitizer

Tip us?

haml
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Which digitizer

How can you tell which digitizer you need without taking apart the pad? I have the mystery touches on my TF300T and i've done the "show touches" and come to find out that there's 2 things of concerns:
1. A dead spot on the screen where it doesn't register touches
2. It goes crazy (sometimes) when touched in the dead zone or around it.

My 300 is rooted (had issue before hand) and I've tried multiply fixes. Even the pushing the back of pad inward/forward. I'll get around to opening it up but it works ok on the dock for now.

Running:
CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.4 - 10.6.1.27.5 US ODEX

Touch pad ver:
ELAN -3011-4822

Pad EC ver:
PAD-EC20T-0216

haml
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Really NO ONE can answer this?

Anil_Trinidad
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I was wondering the same thing. My digitiser cracked last night and became unresponsive. Saw on Amazon that there were a couple different types?

cooooooop
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Just a reminder, if you take apart your TF300T and start playing around with cables, be sure to switch the service switch to the off position first, otherwise you can short out system components.

I don't know how you can find out what digitizer version you have until opening it up, but I can tell you that you can replace with any digitizer version as long as you reflash the firmware (ekt file) afterwards. It recalibrates the touch input based on your new digitizer. Check out this page for more details: http://www.snart.com/replacing-tf300t-digitizer/