No registration required

Downgrade to Android below 4.2

OP ticorman

30th August 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi,
I replaced the digitizer in my TF300T, and now I need to run the ASUS touch-tool, to get it to work. However, it's incompatible with Android 4.2 and higher, so I need to flash something older. The problem is, that I cannot find the old bootloader anywhere and ASUS tech support doesn't have it either.
Does anybody have an old backup or something like that? Or maybe there is another way of doing this - if anybody knows, that would be very helpful.
30th August 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 386

1,110 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticorman

Hi,
I replaced the digitizer in my TF300T, and now I need to run the ASUS touch-tool, to get it to work. However, it's incompatible with Android 4.2 and higher, so I need to flash something older. The problem is, that I cannot find the old bootloader anywhere and ASUS tech support doesn't have it either.
Does anybody have an old backup or something like that? Or maybe there is another way of doing this - if anybody knows, that would be very helpful.

The Old firmwares are located here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...54&postcount=3

But I'm not sure if you can just flash the 4.1 bootloader and go back to it. There was a method to doing it...Google probably knows
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Ok, now I'm a bit embarrassed, because it seems the reason I couldn't find anything is I didn't know what I was looking for.
I'm a bit lost - does the firmware file contain the bootloader? My understanding of it was that I need to download the bootloader separately and flash it with Odin, then flash a compatible recovery and ROM (I'm on CM11 now btw). Is that correct?
1st September 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 386

1,110 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticorman

Ok, now I'm a bit embarrassed, because it seems the reason I couldn't find anything is I didn't know what I was looking for.
I'm a bit lost - does the firmware file contain the bootloader? My understanding of it was that I need to download the bootloader separately and flash it with Odin, then flash a compatible recovery and ROM (I'm on CM11 now btw). Is that correct?

Odin is for samsung

With asus, the bootloader is included in the firmware upgrades. But like I said, I'm not sure if you can just flash a previous version to revert. I know it works in some cases, but not all.
1st September 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2

Odin is for samsung

With asus, the bootloader is included in the firmware upgrades. But like I said, I'm not sure if you can just flash a previous version to revert. I know it works in some cases, but not all.

Well, I used to own a Galaxy S3
Anyway, will flashing via fastboot work if I'm on CWM recovery (v6.0.4.5), or do I need the stock recovery? I'm scared to try it blindly after reading all the "bricked tabet" threads...

//Edit
Soooo... nothing seemed to work. I just gave up and sent the tablet to a repair shop, where they actually reprogram the digitizer circuit board. Anyway, thanks, cmendonc2, for trying.
Last edited by ticorman; 10th September 2014 at 09:54 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread