Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 42,414 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashed TF700 recovery by mistake, fastboot USB logo does not show up on menu

Tip us?

JasonLeeming
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy [Q] Flashed TF700 recovery by mistake, fastboot USB logo does not show up on menu

Hi guys,

I accidentally installed TF700 recovery on my TF300 (yes I know, I'm a tool), so as you expect, with it being made for a higher resolution screen, it only shows a small portion of the recovery screen on my TF300, so I can't flash any other recovery images or ROMs as I can't access the slide to flash function on TWRP. To top it off, the fastboot USB logo does not show up, just the RCK, Android and wipe data options.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jason

andrewnelson23
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonLeeming View Post
Hi guys,

I accidentally installed TF700 recovery on my TF300 (yes I know, I'm a tool), so as you expect, with it being made for a higher resolution screen, it only shows a small portion of the recovery screen on my TF300, so I can't flash any other recovery images or ROMs as I can't access the slide to flash function on TWRP. To top it off, the fastboot USB logo does not show up, just the RCK, Android and wipe data options.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jason
Can you boot into the system?

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Free mobile app

JasonLeeming
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewnelson23 View Post
Can you boot into the system?

Yeah sorry, forgot to say. There is no ROM installed, just that completely wrong recovery.

Jason

andrewnelson23
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Yeah sorry, forgot to say. There is no ROM installed, just that completely wrong recovery.

Jason
Dang.

It's weird that you'd have an affected bootloader. Recovery flashing is only supposed to mess with the recovery partition. Have you tried connecting your tablet to different computers using different usb's? Perhaps then fastboot will appear. Have you tried fastboot devices from your computer? What does it print?

JasonLeeming
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewnelson23 View Post
Dang.

It's weird that you'd have an affected bootloader. Recovery flashing is only supposed to mess with the recovery partition. Have you tried connecting your tablet to different computers using different usb's? Perhaps then fastboot will appear. Have you tried fastboot devices from your computer? What does it print?

I would try that, but I don't have any other computers and I only have the one USB cable.

JasonLeeming
Old
(Last edited by JasonLeeming; 2nd July 2014 at 09:20 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I haven't had a ROM installed on it for a while, and I haven't used it for a while. When I started messing with it yesterday I certainly remember the USB logo being there, but after installing that recovery it just isn't. All the correct drivers are installed, and the laptop seems to recognise the fastboot with no problems.

Jason

andrewnelson23
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
I haven't had a ROM installed on it for a while, and I haven't used it for a while. When I started messing with it yesterday I certainly remember the USB logo being there, but after installing that recovery it just isn't. All the correct drivers are installed, and the laptop seems to recognise the fastboot with no problems.

Jason
Gotcha.

Well if it recognizes it, just try fastboot flashing a new recovery...

If you do fastboot devices, does it pop your device up?