ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Flashed TF700 recovery by mistake, fastboot USB logo does not show up on menu

OP JasonLeeming

2nd July 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
More
Hi guys,

I accidentally installed TF700 recovery on my TF300 (yes I know, I'm a tool), so as you expect, with it being made for a higher resolution screen, it only shows a small portion of the recovery screen on my TF300, so I can't flash any other recovery images or ROMs as I can't access the slide to flash function on TWRP. To top it off, the fastboot USB logo does not show up, just the RCK, Android and wipe data options.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jason
2nd July 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag Shawnee, OK
Thanks Meter: 181

669 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonLeeming

Hi guys,

I accidentally installed TF700 recovery on my TF300 (yes I know, I'm a tool), so as you expect, with it being made for a higher resolution screen, it only shows a small portion of the recovery screen on my TF300, so I can't flash any other recovery images or ROMs as I can't access the slide to flash function on TWRP. To top it off, the fastboot USB logo does not show up, just the RCK, Android and wipe data options.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jason

Can you boot into the system?

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Free mobile app
2nd July 2014, 10:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Manchester

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewnelson23

Can you boot into the system?

Yeah sorry, forgot to say. There is no ROM installed, just that completely wrong recovery.

Jason
2nd July 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #4  
Flag Shawnee, OK

669 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah sorry, forgot to say. There is no ROM installed, just that completely wrong recovery.

Jason

Dang.

It's weird that you'd have an affected bootloader. Recovery flashing is only supposed to mess with the recovery partition. Have you tried connecting your tablet to different computers using different usb's? Perhaps then fastboot will appear. Have you tried fastboot devices from your computer? What does it print?

2nd July 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Manchester

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewnelson23

Dang.

It's weird that you'd have an affected bootloader. Recovery flashing is only supposed to mess with the recovery partition. Have you tried connecting your tablet to different computers using different usb's? Perhaps then fastboot will appear. Have you tried fastboot devices from your computer? What does it print?

I would try that, but I don't have any other computers and I only have the one USB cable.
2nd July 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Manchester

20 posts
More
I haven't had a ROM installed on it for a while, and I haven't used it for a while. When I started messing with it yesterday I certainly remember the USB logo being there, but after installing that recovery it just isn't. All the correct drivers are installed, and the laptop seems to recognise the fastboot with no problems.

Jason
Last edited by JasonLeeming; 2nd July 2014 at 10:20 PM.
2nd July 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #7  
Flag Shawnee, OK

669 posts
More
Quote:

I haven't had a ROM installed on it for a while, and I haven't used it for a while. When I started messing with it yesterday I certainly remember the USB logo being there, but after installing that recovery it just isn't. All the correct drivers are installed, and the laptop seems to recognise the fastboot with no problems.

Jason

Gotcha.

Well if it recognizes it, just try fastboot flashing a new recovery...

If you do fastboot devices, does it pop your device up?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread