No registration required

[Q] Hard-Bricked, no boot. Failed during flash

OP gtgeek

31st August 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

5 posts
OK,

I was trying to flash a new ROM and had some issues where it would continously reboot so, after some reading it seemed like I needed a new version of TWRP, so I updated it. That didn't help.

I decided to reflash the stock rom on the device but after doing that, it wouldn't boot past the ASUS boot screen. So I tried again (via fastboot), same result. So I tried again and this time fastboot crashed in the middle of the load and now the tablet won't boot or anything.

It seems like the tablet still has power because windows makes a funky sound when you plug it in.

I saw this post but pressing the tiny button with a paperclip doesn't do anything.

Edit:
Windows can tell I plugged something in but says there is an error and doesn't recognize it anymore. Therefore, I don't have adb or fastboot access.

Edit: I installed the naked drivers and got it to recognize the device as an apx. I then pointed it to the normal driver and is recognizes it as an adb device but I can't connect via adb.

Edit: Nevermind, it came unplugged and when I plugged it in again windows didn't recognize it.

Where in the crap do I go from here?
Last edited by gtgeek; 31st August 2014 at 08:05 PM. Reason: added detail
31st August 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 10

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtgeek

OK,

I was trying to flash a new ROM and had some issues where it would continously reboot so, after some reading it seemed like I needed a new version of TWRP, so I updated it. That didn't help.

I decided to reflash the stock rom on the device but after doing that, it wouldn't boot past the ASUS boot screen. So I tried again (via fastboot), same result. So I tried again and this time fastboot crashed in the middle of the load and now the tablet won't boot or anything.

It seems like the tablet still has power because windows makes a funky sound when you plug it in.

I saw this post but pressing the tiny button with a paperclip doesn't do anything.

Edit:
Windows can tell I plugged something in but says there is an error and doesn't recognize it anymore. Therefore, I don't have adb or fastboot access.

Edit: I installed the naked drivers and got it to recognize the device as an apx. I then pointed it to the normal driver and is recognizes it as an adb device but I can't connect via adb.

Edit: Nevermind, it came unplugged and when I plugged it in again windows didn't recognize it.

+1
31st August 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,741

2,174 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

OK,

Edit:

So will the tablet not boot into the bootloader ?

Thx Josh
31st August 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

So will the tablet not boot into the bootloader ?

Thx Josh

Nothing, just the black screen.
I only know something is going on when I connect it to a pc I can here it connect/disconnect when I hold the power button or press the reset button. Also checked the hdmi output on another screen to make sure that wasn't the problem....it wasn't.
31st August 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse

2,174 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Nothing, just the black screen.
I only know something is going on when I connect it to a pc I can here it connect/disconnect when I hold the power button or press the reset button. Also checked the hdmi output on another screen to make sure that wasn't the problem....it wasn't.

I see....

If you dont have your nvflash blobs, its a brick ...

Sorry for the bad news ....

Thx Josh
31st August 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

I see....

If you dont have your nvflash blobs, its a brick ...

Sorry for the bad news ....

Thx Josh

That was the conclusion I was coming to.

Now, for a nerdier question. If I had physical access to the processor, could I program it directly using it's programming ports?
31st August 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse

2,174 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

That was the conclusion I was coming to.

Now, for a nerdier question. If I had physical access to the processor, could I program it directly using it's programming ports?

Nope there is just no way...

The chip is locked down ...

There is lots of info out there but its just info ...

No one to date has come back from where you are ....

Thx Josh
Last edited by lj50036; 1st September 2014 at 12:01 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread