Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 54,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hard-Bricked, no boot. Failed during flash

Tip us?

gtgeek
Old
(Last edited by gtgeek; 31st August 2014 at 07:05 PM.) Reason: added detail
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Hard-Bricked, no boot. Failed during flash

OK,

I was trying to flash a new ROM and had some issues where it would continously reboot so, after some reading it seemed like I needed a new version of TWRP, so I updated it. That didn't help.

I decided to reflash the stock rom on the device but after doing that, it wouldn't boot past the ASUS boot screen. So I tried again (via fastboot), same result. So I tried again and this time fastboot crashed in the middle of the load and now the tablet won't boot or anything.

It seems like the tablet still has power because windows makes a funky sound when you plug it in.

I saw this post but pressing the tiny button with a paperclip doesn't do anything.

Edit:
Windows can tell I plugged something in but says there is an error and doesn't recognize it anymore. Therefore, I don't have adb or fastboot access.

Edit: I installed the naked drivers and got it to recognize the device as an apx. I then pointed it to the normal driver and is recognizes it as an adb device but I can't connect via adb.

Edit: Nevermind, it came unplugged and when I plugged it in again windows didn't recognize it.

Where in the crap do I go from here?

snir2
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtgeek View Post
OK,

I was trying to flash a new ROM and had some issues where it would continously reboot so, after some reading it seemed like I needed a new version of TWRP, so I updated it. That didn't help.

I decided to reflash the stock rom on the device but after doing that, it wouldn't boot past the ASUS boot screen. So I tried again (via fastboot), same result. So I tried again and this time fastboot crashed in the middle of the load and now the tablet won't boot or anything.

It seems like the tablet still has power because windows makes a funky sound when you plug it in.

I saw this post but pressing the tiny button with a paperclip doesn't do anything.

Edit:
Windows can tell I plugged something in but says there is an error and doesn't recognize it anymore. Therefore, I don't have adb or fastboot access.

Edit: I installed the naked drivers and got it to recognize the device as an apx. I then pointed it to the normal driver and is recognizes it as an adb device but I can't connect via adb.

Edit: Nevermind, it came unplugged and when I plugged it in again windows didn't recognize it.

+1

lj50036
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,401

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
OK,

Edit:

So will the tablet not boot into the bootloader ?

Thx Josh

gtgeek
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036 View Post
So will the tablet not boot into the bootloader ?

Thx Josh
Nothing, just the black screen.
I only know something is going on when I connect it to a pc I can here it connect/disconnect when I hold the power button or press the reset button. Also checked the hdmi output on another screen to make sure that wasn't the problem....it wasn't.

lj50036
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,401

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Nothing, just the black screen.
I only know something is going on when I connect it to a pc I can here it connect/disconnect when I hold the power button or press the reset button. Also checked the hdmi output on another screen to make sure that wasn't the problem....it wasn't.
I see....

If you dont have your nvflash blobs, its a brick ...

Sorry for the bad news ....

Thx Josh

gtgeek
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036 View Post
I see....

If you dont have your nvflash blobs, its a brick ...

Sorry for the bad news ....

Thx Josh
That was the conclusion I was coming to.

Now, for a nerdier question. If I had physical access to the processor, could I program it directly using it's programming ports?

lj50036
Old
(Last edited by lj50036; 31st August 2014 at 11:01 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,401

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
That was the conclusion I was coming to.

Now, for a nerdier question. If I had physical access to the processor, could I program it directly using it's programming ports?
Nope there is just no way...

The chip is locked down ...

There is lots of info out there but its just info ...

No one to date has come back from where you are ....

Thx Josh