No registration required

Need LCD part number!

OP schkeet

28th July 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

49 posts
Hi everyone

I broke the screen on my tablet over a year ago, had the screen replaced with a new one but when i got it back the touch didnt work. The guy seemed like he was sorry about it so he only ended up charging me 30 bucks and said something else is wrong. i was skeptical about it cause with the cracked screen the top corner still responded to touch and now nothing works

...long story short i did some research and saw that theres a few different types of screens for the 300 i figured they may have put the wrong one on so i removed the back to check the version number (it is written on the cable that goes from the glass to the tablet).

However. On my tablet there is no cable at all... i guess i got screwed by the place they put a defective screen or something... Either way of course the touch isnt working the cable isnt even there...
all i need to know is if theres another way to find the version number for the lcd they are pretty cheap online im just going to take a stab at fixing this myself..

ive asked asus that was a waste of time they advised me to send it in they would fix it for 250...ya right
13th August 2014, 08:36 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 122

533 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schkeet

Hi everyone

I broke the screen on my tablet over a year ago, had the screen replaced with a new one but when i got it back the touch didnt work. The guy seemed like he was sorry about it so he only ended up charging me 30 bucks and said something else is wrong. i was skeptical about it cause with the cracked screen the top corner still responded to touch and now nothing works

...long story short i did some research and saw that theres a few different types of screens for the 300 i figured they may have put the wrong one on so i removed the back to check the version number (it is written on the cable that goes from the glass to the tablet).

However. On my tablet there is no cable at all... i guess i got screwed by the place they put a defective screen or something... Either way of course the touch isnt working the cable isnt even there...
all i need to know is if theres another way to find the version number for the lcd they are pretty cheap online im just going to take a stab at fixing this myself..

ive asked asus that was a waste of time they advised me to send it in they would fix it for 250...ya right

Do you still need help with this? If you do, open the tab, take all necessary precautions with the battery, remove all boards and cables, and look where the digitizer's ribbons should be. If they're not there, it means they've been ripped when the "repairman" reassembled the thing. If the lcd still works, all you need is a new digitizer. A G01 would work across the board and is cheap. Go to this thread for more info. Good luck.
Last edited by graphdarnell; 13th August 2014 at 08:38 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to graphdarnell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th December 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

49 posts
Thank you I had given up for a while but just wiped the dust off this thing yesterday...I'll give it a try

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread