APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] MobileDock keyboard problem

OP Medulla_Oblongata

21st August 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

82 posts
More
Since a week ago I've been getting a really weird and annoying problem with the mobile dock keyboard. When I try to type it gives me weird combinations of numbers and letters, also some of the keys don't work either. The touchpad as well as the USB port work fine.

I've already tried to get the dock battery drained, then fully charged, reset the tablet several and also did a factory reset today. Nothing seems to help. As a last resort I opened up the dock hoping to find some sort of connector not plugged correctly or some other visual indication of something broken but everything seems fine.

I'm running a stock 4.2.1 ROM and the MobileDock version is DOCK-EC20N-0207.

In the attached image you'll see the result of the alphabet and the numbers 1 to 0.

I've searched all over xda and Google but no solution or similar problem. Help?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2014-08-21-03-02-25.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (207.3 KB, 74 views)
2nd September 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

82 posts
More
Anyone? At all? I'm at wits end and currently not able to spend money on a new one.
25th October 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 33

337 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medulla_Oblongata

Anyone? At all? I'm at wits end and currently not able to spend money on a new one.

Wipe cache and dalvik
3rd November 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerDNA

Wipe cache and dalvik

I wiped the cache and dalvik cache. My docking station is still typing jibberish.
3rd November 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 33

337 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medulla_Oblongata

I wiped the cache and dalvik cache. My docking station is still typing jibberish.

Ouija board to summon the demons out? I got nothing
4th November 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerDNA

Ouija board to summon the demons out? I got nothing

Lol, if only I had a ouija board. I do have a sledgehammer though

Btw, I found a DOCK-EC20N-0207.rom somewhere. Any idea how I can get my TF300T to reinstall this? I currently have TWRP 2.5 installed on it right now, still figuring things out but I suspect that TWRP can do this for me?

edit: I'm beginning to think that there is no cure for my docking station and that it has a hardware issue rather than a software/firmware issue. Out of frustration I wiped *everything* using TWRP, then uploaded a stock Asus 4.2.1 firmware, put back TRWP 2.8.0.1 on it, wiped cache/dalvik once more. But no luck ... still jibberish when typing using the docking station.

I'll leave this for new years eve to cover this thing in firecrackers.
Last edited by Medulla_Oblongata; 4th November 2014 at 01:39 AM. Reason: updates
5th November 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 60

198 posts
More
there was a thread about dock not working at all - solution was to open the keyboard and make sure that ribbon connector is firmly in its place.
I am not sure if it is phisically possible to plug it reversed (or off by some pins) but that might be causing your issues.

Either this or that robbon got cut and some lines inside it are not really working now.

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Free mobile app
6th November 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3cr0w

there was a thread about dock not working at all - solution was to open the keyboard and make sure that ribbon connector is firmly in its place.
I am not sure if it is phisically possible to plug it reversed (or off by some pins) but that might be causing your issues.

Either this or that robbon got cut and some lines inside it are not really working now.

I've seen that post and no that was not the solution to my problem. Mine started out of the blue (tablet or docking station never got dropped or hit), plus I still opened it up to check all of the connectors for any sign of cuts, disconnecting, possible dust (which is not possible due to the way these are built, lol). It's also impossible to plug the cables back in reversed anyway. My keyboard is sort of functioning (in a scrambled kind of way) unlike the other guys problem which wasn't working at all.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
docking, keyboard, mobiledock, tf300t
Previous Thread Next Thread