OP andrewnelson23

2nd July 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shawnee, OK
Thanks Meter: 183

672 posts
More
I have a tf300t us sku.

I unlocked it about a year ago. I was running pacman, when in April, my lcd cracked. So, I bought a new lcd and replaced it. In the process of replacing the lcd, the digitizer cracked! So, I ordered a new digitizer. I installed it, and seems pretty solid, and looks good, but touch still does not work.

So, I thought maybe I had to update the touch firmware. Tried to run a command to fix that with the updated firmware, but my rom returned that the update_fw was not found.

I think I need to be on stock to fix it. So I downloaded V10.6.1.27.5 Only for US SKU (Android 4.2) from the asus website. I tried to put it on an sdcard, and transfer it over. It found the sdcard the first time and seemed to install the sku no problem. But it bootlooped! So i tried again, same thing! I keep bootlooping. Before all of this happened, I was already on 4.2 bootloader and all that, so i should be fine, but it's not working. I don't know how to exit this bootloop...

Edit:

I just tried to flash twrp. Seemed to flash fine, but when I try to boot into twrp I don't have a recovery....

Edit 2:

Got twrp installed. seems that I have 5% battery life. so I'm gonna charge it all the way up then try to flash the firmware.

Edit 3:

I did a cold reset, which fixed the bootloop. After I could boot I flashed philz recovery. Problem was, I had ghost touches. So it was hard to get root. Finally got root and successfully updated touch screen fw. Its running very well now, bout to slap pacman on this guy.
Last edited by andrewnelson23; 2nd July 2014 at 05:34 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread