Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Device is slow. What ROM to install?

OP zephiruspt

22nd November 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

37 posts
Hi!

I bought this device few time after the release. At the time there was an official update from ASUS and I updated it. I remember that it said that there was no way to go back to the original firmware. The thing is. I unlocked my device at that time and now, after trying many different custom ROMS, there is not one that works ok. My device is slow, always hanging, it's not usable at all. My question for the experts are:

- Do I have the correct firmware, kernel, whatever installed?
- What ROM can I install that does not have these problems?

My Asus tablet
Last edited by zephiruspt; 27th November 2014 at 12:41 AM.
1st December 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

37 posts
Hi! Anyone can help me with this? I think the tablet became slow when I made the official upgrade from ASUS and now I can't revert it
3rd December 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 386

1,110 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiruspt

Hi! Anyone can help me with this? I think the tablet became slow when I made the official upgrade from ASUS and now I can't revert it

Many of the KitKat ROMs are a lot faster. I used CROMBi for a while, at it was mostly stable. You will have to unlock your bootloader and flash a TWRP 2.8
3rd December 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

37 posts
Thanks cmendonc2. The problem is that I updated the tablet itself (not the ROM) as soon as I bought it and it has been slow since that time. I don't know if I can revert to the state that was from factory. I already tried many ROM's and the slowness is always there.
7th December 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #5  
Flag Mermaid Beach QLD
Thanks Meter: 171

807 posts
More
Katkiss 4.4.4 plus added in Seeder.apk..
The thing screams...
I am running it next to the Nexus 10 and both are running about the same..
Only thing is the TF300T is a bit slower on the Multitasking when downloading from Play Store and or TB backup installs..
otherwise if I was to be buying one for someone, at the price they are now, plus the expandable storage options...
I would still think this was not a bad buy..
As the Nexus 10 has great specs and zooms but its developed a yellow tinge on the screen that seems to happen to a few of them after 1-2 years..
and its not like the screen is on for extended periods.. or left on.. just a production fault.. we are having a go at Google now about it.. as cant even get replacement LCD's for it..
7th December 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2

Many of the KitKat ROMs are a lot faster. I used CROMBi for a while, at it was mostly stable. You will have to unlock your bootloader and flash a TWRP 2.8

I installed CROMBi but the problem remains. My TF300T has some other problem that began with the first official asus upgrade I made. No one knows what I'm talking about? The tablet is slow to do everything, except when inside apps.
11th December 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 60

420 posts
Try to wipe internal memory from recovery and flash katkiss 5.0.1 rom. It works better than kitkat roms

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Free mobile app
12th December 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfim

Try to wipe internal memory from recovery and flash katkiss 5.0.1 rom. It works better than kitkat roms

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks xfim. I installed and it seems much more stable. I'm having problems with gapps, they don't install, don't know why but I'm going to ask in the katkiss topic.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread