[Q&A] [RECOVERY][TF300T] TWRP 2.8.7.0 touch recovery [2015-06-23]

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [RECOVERY][TF300T] TWRP 2.8.7.0 touch recovery [2015-06-23]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [RECOVERY][TF300T] TWRP 2.8.7.0 touch recovery [2015-06-23]. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

cuppm

Feb 17, 2015
Does TWRP 2.8 (latest version 2.8.7.0) okay to start out with? Meaning, if we are at the latest version of stock (ASUS build JOP40D.US_epad-10.6.1.27-5-20130902; Android 4.2.1) and we are going to flash a custom rom for the first time, the latest versions of TWRP won't brick our devices?

It could be that I'm just confused because there were lots of older versions that reference individual Android builds (JB vs ICS). And people would say "if you have X version of Android, use Y version of TWRP or you're gonna brick it".

aoesp3

Aug 4, 2013
Can't enter twrp but everything ok

Today i flashed 2.8.7.0 img with twrp 2.8.5.0 and than reboot tablet. Than i tried enter the recovery but tablet booting normally.

In bootloader screen click RCK but say "unrecoverable bootloader error 0x00000000

Tried
Flash twrp with adb
Flash twrp with terminal
But not working. Tablet starting normally when i tried enter the recovery.

Tablet working normally. Please help me.
I am using katkiss 5.1.1

Edit: i solved problem with this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44244313&postcount=12

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex_Michdeandroid

Lex_Michdeandroid

Dec 3, 2011
Asus Transformer TF300T
OnePlus 9
I got sent here, so I'll try again.

I'm a little confused now, because I can't understand what is happening to my tablet. Let me explain step by step what I did, maybe one of you can figure out what is wrong.

I was running CM11 M12 with TWRP 2.8.1.0 and wanted to try the new Android 5.1. I decided to go with the latest Omnirom and found out I needed at least TWRP 2.8.5.0.

So first step would be to update TWRP. When I got at the TWRP website I read that there was something new in TWRP 2.8.4.0, so I decided to first go from .1 to .4 and then go to the latest .7. An upgrade to .4 went fine through Fastboot. Then I thought I could try the new in GUI recovery flasher, but I didn't understand it properly so I chose to go safe and flash the .7 through Fastboot.

I guess that's where I went wrong. The tablet went to recovery just fine, but in TWRP it couldn't access anything anymore. "Unable to mount" on everything. Internal storage was 0. It didn't boot to the ROM anymore.

So after some tinkering, not really sure what I did anymore, I got my access to the FS again. I had the CM11 M12 ROM still in the MicroSD, so I ran the "install ROM procedure" for that one and it booted again.

Only now I don't seem to have a recovery anymore. I can get into Fastboot, but when I send the "fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash staging twrp.blob" the tablet hangs itself. Holding power revives it and it boots to CM11M12 again. I tried to flash different TWRP versions (.4 .5 .6 and .7) but no sigar.

Does anyone have an idea how to get my recovery back?

Edit0: I tried to install the TWRP manager from the store and get a recovery from there, but the app doesn't work. It hangs when I try to tap on the "Recovery version to install" option.

Edit1: I followed the link in the post above and solved it. Next thing I did was flashing the .6 TWRP recovery and it stuck. Time to wrestle with some new roms! Thanks!

Edit2: Back to square one. The TWRP can't see anything in my internal storage. Is my storage memory going dry? "Unable to mount ###" shows up for every partition.

Edit3: And now it can see in my internal memory again... Hardware failure?

Last edited:

tguadagno

Nov 5, 2012
2.8.7.0 on tf300t reboot/shutdown does not work

hi, thanks for all your effort!

i just used fastboot to load 2.8.7.0 on a stock tf300t. it seems to work fine with one exception, when I choose reboot system or shutdown, but result in me booting back to twrp immediately. the only way i can shutdow/reboot is to hold the power key for 10s, then press it again to boot

everything else seems to work ok (flashing etc)....

any ideas whats going on?

thanks again

Reactions: reddie32

reddie32

Nov 8, 2014
Lecco

i just used fastboot to load 2.8.7.0 on a stock tf300t. it seems to work fine with one exception, when I choose reboot system or shutdown, but result in me booting back to twrp immediately. the only way i can shutdow/reboot is to hold the power key for 10s, then press it again to boot

thanks again

for me it's the same..

thanks in advance
edy

anjeu67

Feb 23, 2015
anjeu67.flavors.me
Today i flashed 2.8.7.0 img with twrp 2.8.5.0 and than reboot tablet. Than i tried enter the recovery but tablet booting normally.

In bootloader screen click RCK but say "unrecoverable bootloader error 0x00000000

Tried
Flash twrp with adb
Flash twrp with terminal

I am using katkiss 5.1.1

Edit: i solved problem with this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44244313&postcount=12

Same problem! hope this works. I bought mine in US so I downloaded V10.6.1.27.5 Only for US SKU (Android 4.2).
After this is it ok to flash the latest TWRP again?

Mar 28, 2013
Hello

Can someone help me please?
For the moment i have TWRP 2.8.0.1 and i want to update it to 2.8.7.0.
First of all, i tried to update it with twrp manager.
So i open twrp manger
The install recovery screen opens and i choose for "Install Recovery".
Then i'm redirected to jmz software and then i got next screen:
Forbidden - you don't have permission to access /tf300t/ on this server.
What i'm i doing wrong?

ecb116

Apr 5, 2010

thanks again

Same here... what gives?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can't enter twrp but everything ok

Tried
    Flash twrp with adb
    Flash twrp with terminal

I am using katkiss 5.1.1

2.8.7.0 on tf300t reboot/shutdown does not work

thanks again