No registration required

[Q] Screen not turning on?

OP JeepGrandCherokee

23rd August 2014, 03:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
More
ive got a tf300t with CROMI-X rom, rooted of course, i was using it yesterday, had no problems with it.plugged it in, charged it overnight, and now the acreen doesnt turn on, but i think its working because when i plug it in and un plug it, it makes the sounds i have it set to make when i do so. ive held the power button down for 1 full minute, and it doesnt turn off. what is the problem???
23rd August 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
So what I understand is that you installed CROMI-X rom on your TF300. If you press the buttons or you charge your tablet, you hear the sounds. So: your tablet is on.

What I would do: uncharge your tablet wait until your tablet goes off because of the zero battery level. Then charge your tablet again and restore the original version of your TF300T when you bought it (here, I guess).

Then make sure you have the correct everything (drivers ...) installed.
I read this at the topic:
Quote:

YOU MUST BE ON JB 4.2.1 WITH THE ASUS STOCK BOOTLOADER 10.6.1.8 AND TWRP patched 2.4.4.0 or BOOTLOADER 10.6.1.15.3, 10.6.1.27.1, 10.6.1.27.5 or 10.6.2.x and TWRP 2.5.0.0 BEFORE FLASHING THIS. THE BEST WAY TO DO THIS IS TO FLASH THE STOCK ASUS 10.6.1.27.5 or 10.6.2.x FIRMWARE.

If your 100% sure you have the correct bootloader, TWRP, firmware and drivers: reflash the CROMI-X rom.

I'm pretty sure there are other ways to fix this problem, but this is the only way I would do it.
Last edited by Victortjeuh; 23rd August 2014 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Some more information
23rd August 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victortjeuh

So what I understand is that you installed CROMI-X rom on your TF300. If you press the buttons or you charge your tablet, you hear the sounds. So: your tablet is on.

What I would do: uncharge your tablet wait until your tablet goes off because of the zero battery level. Then charge your tablet again and restore the original version of your TF300T when you bought it (here, I guess).

Then make sure you have the correct everything (drivers ...) installed.
I read this at the topic:

If your 100% sure you have the correct bootloader, TWRP, firmware and drivers: reflash the CROMI-X rom.

I'm pretty sure there are other ways to fix this problem, but this is the only way I would do it.

(not sure if im replying correctly, im new to XDA) ive ad cromi-x on it for 4 months, no problem with it at all. i cant see ANYTHING on the display, but yes, it does act like it is on, just no display. cant really do anything with it because of the display.
23rd August 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
More
Smile Fixed the problem!!
thanks for the replys! i thought about it and i was told these had tight display cables and may unplug at any given time. i took the back cover off and the display cable was half out. i pushed it back in and now it works!! thanks for the help!
23rd August 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,645

2,068 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGrandCherokee

thanks for the replys! i thought about it and i was told these had tight display cables and may unplug at any given time. i took the back cover off and the display cable was half out. i pushed it back in and now it works!! thanks for the help!

Great to see you got it taken care of ...

Can you and SOLVE to the thread title ...

Thx Josh
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread