Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Stuck after unsuccessful flash TF300T

OP furga

28th December 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Hey,

I was running rooted Stock OTA 4.1 Android on a TF300T (US 10.4.2.13 version) with CWM recovery and I deiced to flash new Android (KatKiss Lollipop 5.0.1) since this version is too slow.
I copied the files to a SD card and went to recovery and did the full wipe / factory reset. However when I flashed the ROM, I've got an error message:
After that, I've tried to use TWRP and had success either.
The same with flashing CM10.
I thought I was couldn't flash because of the older firmware (US 10.4.2.13) installed.

However, at this moment I'm hesitant because:
1) I have no ROM installed (can't restore anything after wiping)
2) I can't download Stock ROM from ASUS (they don't have US 10.4.2.13on their website) nor from the web.
The tablet is on TWRP recovery with no ROM, but the firmware version is an issue (I guess), from what I've read here, especially because I was running 4.1.

I can still use ADB, fastboot and access recovery in order to flash.
The TF300T is "1.00e US epad 10.4.13-20120907 A03"

Any thoughts on what I can do?
I've read lots of threads to figure this out.
I wouldn't like to completely brick this tablet. Any information is appreciated. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xda.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	3085820  
Last edited by furga; 28th December 2014 at 05:17 PM.
28th December 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #2  
cmendonc2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 392
 
1,132 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by furga

Hey,

I was running rooted Stock OTA 4.1 Android on a TF300T (US 10.4.2.13 version) with CWM recovery and I deiced to flash new Android (KatKiss Lollipop 5.0.1) since this version is too slow.
I copied the files to a SD card and went to recovery and did the full wipe / factory reset. However when I flashed the ROM, I've got an error message:
After that, I've tried to use TWRP and had success either.
The same with flashing CM10.
I thought I was couldn't flash because of the older firmware (US 10.4.2.13) installed.

However, at this moment I'm hesitant because:
1) I have no ROM installed (can't restore anything after wiping)
2) I can't download Stock ROM from ASUS (they don't have US 10.4.2.13on their website) nor from the web.
The tablet is on TWRP recovery with no ROM, but the firmware version is an issue (I guess), from what I've read here, especially because I was running 4.1.

I can still use ADB, fastboot and access recovery in order to flash.
The TF300T is "1.00e US epad 10.4.13-20120907 A03"

Any thoughts on what I can do?
I've read lots of threads to figure this out.
I wouldn't like to completely brick this tablet. Any information is appreciated. Thank you!

For Android L and KK, you need the 4.2 bootloader/firmware version on your tablet. Install that, then install TWRP 2.8, then flash the Lollipop ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th December 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2

For Android L and KK, you need the 4.2 bootloader/firmware version on your tablet. Install that, then install TWRP 2.8, then flash the Lollipop ROM.

Thanks, cmendonc2

There won't be any problem to flash 4.2 using TWP 2.6.3.0?
That's the version I have installed.

I found "ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T Firmware: V10.6.1.27.5 Only for US SKU (Android 4.2) - 2013.09.13 update" on the thread of ROMs and etc.
28th December 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #4  
cmendonc2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 392
 
1,132 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by furga

Thanks, cmendonc2

There won't be any problem to flash 4.2 using TWP 2.6.3.0?
That's the version I have installed.

I found "ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T Firmware: V10.6.1.27.5 Only for US SKU (Android 4.2) - 2013.09.13 update" on the thread of ROMs and etc.

I would recommend flashing it via fastboot so you can flash the TWRP after that finishes installing and you reboot back to fastboot. V10.6.1.27.5 is the correct version.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th December 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2

I would recommend flashing it via fastboot so you can flash the TWRP after that finishes installing and you reboot back to fastboot. V10.6.1.27.5 is the correct version.

When I try to flash the stock ROM via fastboot (after wiping) I've got this error:

"D:\Downloads\TF300>fastboot update D:\Downloads\TF300\TF300T-US_epad-10_6_1_27_1-UpdateLauncher.zip
archive does not contain 'android-info.txt'
archive does not contain 'android-product.txt'
error: update package has no android-info.txt or android-product.txt"

I've downloaded the file from and its md5 checksum is OK. Any idea? My recovery is TWRP 2.6.3.0 and computer drivers are fine.

I must be missing something....
28th December 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #6  
cmendonc2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 392
 
1,132 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by furga

When I try to flash the stock ROM via fastboot (after wiping) I've got this error:

"D:\Downloads\TF300>fastboot update D:\Downloads\TF300\TF300T-US_epad-10_6_1_27_1-UpdateLauncher.zip
archive does not contain 'android-info.txt'
archive does not contain 'android-product.txt'
error: update package has no android-info.txt or android-product.txt"

I've downloaded the file from and its md5 checksum is OK. Any idea? My recovery is TWRP 2.6.3.0 and computer drivers are fine.

I must be missing something....

Did you remember to extract the ROM from the downloaded zip file? Also make sure you are using the correct fastboot command.

Code:
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash *ROM HERE*
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th December 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Thumbs up
Duh, you were right. I didn't extract the blob file.


"D:\Downloads\TF300>fastboot devices
015d168952600014 fastboot

D:\Downloads\TF300>fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system D:\Downloads\TF300\US_epad-user-10.6.1.27.1\blob
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 2.582s]
sending 'system' (800935 KB)...
OKAY [134.813s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [154.774s]
finished. total time: 292.173s

D:\Downloads\TF300>fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery D:\Downloads\TF300\twrp.blo
bsending 'recovery' (6502 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.783s]
writing 'recovery'...

The tablet came back to live. Now it's time do install TWRP.

Thanks a lot!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes