Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,967 Members 47,160 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unbrick TF300T Without Unlocking Bootloader

Tip us?

yourignhere
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Unbrick TF300T Without Unlocking Bootloader

I have a TF300T that I need to fix. It gets stuck in an infinite boot loop, and when I try to run the recovery kernel, it will not work. I'm trying to flash CWM or a new rom onto it to get it running again, but the bootloader is not unlocked. Is there any way that I can unbrick the tablet without needing to unlock the bootloader, or is there any way I can unlock the bootloader without running the apk file Asus gives? I can't get past the recovery menu.

Voidac
Old
(Last edited by Voidac; 5th July 2014 at 05:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same issue with a tf300t after attempting to update it. It's stuck on the boot screen with text in the top-left corner reading "signature match". Nothing happens, I've rebooted multiple times using multiple methods, but nothing works. I did manage to get my pc to recognize the tablet for a short while, but it didn't recognize the device.

Please, is there anything we can do besides getting a new tablet?

Edit: I tried adb and fastboot. No success. My tablet won't boot into the required state for these methods. Is there any other way to get it back to working order besides sending it to ASUS?

andrewnelson23
Old
Thanks Meter 163
So neither of you are able to get to the screen that has the three icons?

If you can get to that screen you should be able to do a cold reset. This is the wipe data option. In other words, you will lose all your data.

Also, you might be able to flash stock SKU if you can get to that screen.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidac View Post
I have the same issue with a tf300t after attempting to update it. It's stuck on the boot screen with text in the top-left corner reading "signature match". Nothing happens, I've rebooted multiple times using multiple methods, but nothing works. I did manage to get my pc to recognize the tablet for a short while, but it didn't recognize the device.

Please, is there anything we can do besides getting a new tablet?

Edit: I tried adb and fastboot. No success. My tablet won't boot into the required state for these methods. Is there any other way to get it back to working order besides sending it to ASUS?
So you can't get to any screen on your tablet? What is your process? Which buttons are you holding?

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourignhere View Post
I have a TF300T that I need to fix. It gets stuck in an infinite boot loop, and when I try to run the recovery kernel, it will not work. I'm trying to flash CWM or a new rom onto it to get it running again, but the bootloader is not unlocked. Is there any way that I can unbrick the tablet without needing to unlock the bootloader, or is there any way I can unlock the bootloader without running the apk file Asus gives? I can't get past the recovery menu.
If you can get to the recovery menu, try doing a cold reset. It will wipe all of your data. You click to move over to wipe data and select it. Then you should be able to boot and install that app to unlock your tablet.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewnelson23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Voidac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well, I've used the power button & Vol Down in an attempt to cold boot it or to get to the other options. No luck even getting to that screen.

andrewnelson23
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Well, I've used the power button & Vol Down in an attempt to cold boot it or to get to the other options. No luck even getting to that screen.
Is your tablet charged?

Voidac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewnelson23 View Post
Is your tablet charged?
I've tried from plugged, unplugged. Full battery and letting it sit for almost a day to completely drain the battery.

yourignhere
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
So neither of you are able to get to the screen that has the three icons?

If you can get to that screen you should be able to do a cold reset. This is the wipe data option. In other words, you will lose all your data.

Also, you might be able to flash stock SKU if you can get to that screen.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

So you can't get to any screen on your tablet? What is your process? Which buttons are you holding?

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

If you can get to the recovery menu, try doing a cold reset. It will wipe all of your data. You click to move over to wipe data and select it. Then you should be able to boot and install that app to unlock your tablet.

I was able to do a cold reset and the tablet's working fine now, just waiting on the wifi connection (which is taking abnormally long) to get going so I can unlock the bootloader.

andrewnelson23
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
I've tried from plugged, unplugged. Full battery and letting it sit for almost a day to completely drain the battery.
So does it just go black or what?

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

Quote:
I was able to do a cold reset and the tablet's working fine now, just waiting on the wifi connection (which is taking abnormally long) to get going so I can unlock the bootloader.
Did you get it going?

yourignhere
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
So does it just go black or what?

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

Did you get it going?

It won't connect to wifi. It says "authenticating" and just stays there forever until I turn off the screen, then it says "not connected"

andrewnelson23
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
It won't connect to wifi. It says "authenticating" and just stays there forever until I turn off the screen, then it says "not connected"
You can try to flash the original SKU and see if that fixes it?