From very old to new Custom Rom

23rd August 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

24 posts
Hello guys,

I've been playing around with custom roms some time ago and I know some basics but since that time (that was about 1 year ago) i haven't been updating my tf300t at all.

Unfortunately my tablet started lagging a bit. I came with idea that new fresh rom might solve this problem so i came back to xda site where i found that a lot has changed since my last visit. My tablet currently works on 4.1.1 Android CleanRom Inheretiance 10.4.4.25, recovery i got installed is ClockworkMod v6.0.1.4. I belive this setup is little outdated. I'd like to install this rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/tran...t/rom-t2817919

How ever all installation guides are created for clean Asus rom, i couldn't find any guide how to install it from the point I currently am not to mention I have no idea what actually bootloader verion I've got, I simply don't remember that. Guessing its 4.1 but how can i be sure that.

Could someone give me some tips ?
24th August 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 86

220 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakuus

Hello guys,

I've been playing around with custom roms some time ago and I know some basics but since that time (that was about 1 year ago) i haven't been updating my tf300t at all.

Unfortunately my tablet started lagging a bit. I came with idea that new fresh rom might solve this problem so i came back to xda site where i found that a lot has changed since my last visit. My tablet currently works on 4.1.1 Android CleanRom Inheretiance 10.4.4.25, recovery i got installed is ClockworkMod v6.0.1.4. I belive this setup is little outdated. I'd like to install this rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/tran...t/rom-t2817919

How ever all installation guides are created for clean Asus rom, i couldn't find any guide how to install it from the point I currently am not to mention I have no idea what actually bootloader verion I've got, I simply don't remember that. Guessing its 4.1 but how can i be sure that.

Could someone give me some tips ?

Hi Krakus.

Since you are quite a bit behind on this I suggest you start from the beginning completely.

The first step would be to download the correct 4.2 Firmware. Unzip it once and flash it in your current recovery. Doing this will replace TWRP with the original stock recovery and you will need to start again.

I recommend my full guide for beginners located over at transformer forums http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tkat-roms.html

Most of the ones here don't have everything in one place or are outdated and one wrong move can turn into a very difficult situation.

Please give the guide a read and feel free to message me on either forum (I have the same username on both) we have quite a few very helpful XDA tf300 and tf700 members over there including some who develop and test new ROMs.

Good luck.

PS. ROMs have come soo far since back then you won't even believe it!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread