Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,223 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unbrick TF300T Without Unlocking Bootloader

Tip us?

yourignhere
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewnelson23 View Post
You can try to flash the original SKU and see if that fixes it?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
Can't flash without unlocking the bootloader right? I can't unlock it without a network connection.

Voidac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
So does it just go black or what?
Literally all I can get it to is the ASUS logo boot screen. Nothing else.

Voidac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
When I power it down (and it keeps automatically rebooting), I'll try holding the Volume Up button, then my computer recognizes it (but cannot find a driver for it). But it's the only way I can get the screen to turn off.

andrewnelson23
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourignhere View Post
Can't flash without unlocking the bootloader right? I can't unlock it without a network connection.
You have to have unlocked boot loader to flash original stock SKU?

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidac View Post
When I power it down (and it keeps automatically rebooting), I'll try holding the Volume Up button, then my computer recognizes it (but cannot find a driver for it). But it's the only way I can get the screen to turn off.
I think that's apx mode for if you had the flatline blobs to unbrick your tablet. Since you don't know what it is, I doubt you made a backup of it...

Voidac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I think that's apx mode for if you had the flatline blobs to unbrick your tablet. Since you don't know what it is, I doubt you made a backup of it...
You are correct xD
I don't really care for modding my tablets or phones, mostly because I kind of need them? Maybe once I get a new tablet (Still waiting for the new version of the Nexus 10), I'll start messing with my old stuff. Android has always been a pleasure to use, so I never really cared about installing custom roms on the thing. (That and I didn't want to void the warranty).

How was I supposed to know installing a firmware update was gonna brick my tablet?

Thanks, Obama.

yourignhere
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I restarted the tablet again, and the internet was working. Weird. Anyway, I think I have things under control from here. Thanks for all the help, guys.

ryantyre
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Angry bricked

Hello guys and gals, so i have hard bricked my tablet and can only access apx mode. So of course i understand that without a prior backup made with NVFLASH i am probably out of luck.

With that said, i do have a question for a seasoned developer. I understand the nvflash blob has to be for "your specific device" but is there a way to say, use the blob from someone elses nvflash blob if you change the serial number on your device to the one that the blob came from? I thought it may be possible becase i saw the command in the "help" section in NVFLASH "cmd #38" "--internaldata" "used to flash the sku-info, serial-id,mac-id,prod-id"

so i thought it may be possible to kinda clone the device the blob came from so that you can use the blob file through NVFLASH

does any of this make sense?

im just trying to think outside the box here ( i have no clue how the blob files are generated or what nvflash looks for when flashing a blob)

has anyone used this command before?

PS - i know this is in the wrong section but none of the "bricked" threads have been touched for a while so i felt i might get some attention here (bad or good)

Voidac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've contacted ASUS and I might have to mail my tablet into them :/ Not really looking forward to it bumping around in the mail for a week. Does it cost to send the tablet into them? If they break it, do they send me a new one? >.>

Regardless, I'm still struggling with finding a solution to my problem. Being unable to boot into Recovery Mode is really killing my chances of getting this fixed on my own.