Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Unbricking a Hardbricked Asus TF300T

26th February 2015, 07:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Alrighty, I seem to have hardbricked my transformer, after rooting and unlocking it I attempted to install Ubuntu Touch on it. ( Found out that Ubuntu Touch kinda sucks and I prefer Android for now)
During the restoring process some bad stuff happened, long story short i lost my backups. I then tried to restore it to stock firmware with ADB/Fastboot and the firmware from the asus website.
During the restore process the cable got disconnected from the computer, when I tried to start the process again my PC couldn't recognize my tablet and my tablet could not boot at all, not even into recovery.
From what I've read about my tablet I can only assume that it is now currently hardbricked. When I hit the power button nothing happens, when I try power button and vol-down nothing happens, same with vol-up. Reset button doesn't do squat.
I'm gonna try unbricking it even though I'm pretty sure I'm out of luck.

If you guys have any suggestions that can help me out, I'll be refreshing this thread every few minutes to see what you guys have to say.
And if you have any questions about what I'm doing or how I've messed it up so badly I'll try to answer them.

Wish me luck!

Edit: Alright, I can get into APX however I don't have any backups. From what I've read I can't use other people's Flatline backups to fix my own tablet, can anyone confirm or deny that?
Regardless, is there a way that I can use NVFlash to directly flash the system with the stock blob or am I just completely out of luck?
Last edited by Evercroft; 26th February 2015 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Update
27th February 2015, 09:49 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 154

519 posts
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evercroft

Alrighty, I seem to have hardbricked my transformer, after rooting and unlocking it I attempted to install Ubuntu Touch on it. ( Found out that Ubuntu Touch kinda sucks and I prefer Android for now)
During the restoring process some bad stuff happened, long story short i lost my backups. I then tried to restore it to stock firmware with ADB/Fastboot and the firmware from the asus website.
During the restore process the cable got disconnected from the computer, when I tried to start the process again my PC couldn't recognize my tablet and my tablet could not boot at all, not even into recovery.
From what I've read about my tablet I can only assume that it is now currently hardbricked. When I hit the power button nothing happens, when I try power button and vol-down nothing happens, same with vol-up. Reset button doesn't do squat.
I'm gonna try unbricking it even though I'm pretty sure I'm out of luck.

If you guys have any suggestions that can help me out, I'll be refreshing this thread every few minutes to see what you guys have to say.
And if you have any questions about what I'm doing or how I've messed it up so badly I'll try to answer them.

Wish me luck!

Edit: Alright, I can get into APX however I don't have any backups. From what I've read I can't use other people's Flatline backups to fix my own tablet, can anyone confirm or deny that?
Regardless, is there a way that I can use NVFlash to directly flash the system with the stock blob or am I just completely out of luck?

Buy a new logic board. It's not too expensive.

With only APX mode and no nvflash files you are hardbricked. Period.
The Following User Says Thank You to das chaos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2015, 05:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by das chaos

Buy a new logic board. It's not too expensive.

With only APX mode and no nvflash files you are hardbricked. Period.

I had a feeling that was the case, I'll make sure to use Flatline once I get it so it doesn't get this bad again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread