13th October 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #51  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 149

311 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewski_1

+1 on 2.0 not working on Beta9. Was fine with Beta7

Sent from my TF700T using Tapatalk

Thanks for letting me know! I will fix it as soon as possible.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to kansasboy001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #52  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 149

311 posts
Sorry for the delay in asus apps 2.1 I had them ready to be uploaded, then my hard drive got corrupted and I had to wipe and reinstall windows I will have 2.1 up as soon as I can.

Thanks for using Asus Apps.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kansasboy001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 11:32 PM   |  #53  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,471

3,487 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasboy001

then my hard drive got corrupted

Thanks for reminding me to make a backup.
18th October 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #54  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 4

69 posts
More
Hey, thanks for package, really brought my tf300 back to life. I was just wondering if its possible to install some apps from 1.x version on top of the 2.0 version? For instance, I would like the 1.x weather/clock widget and the day scene wallpaper. But at the same time I want to keep all the other apps and launcher from 2.0 since I'm running kit kat. Would that be possible or is it different frameworks?
Yesterday, 03:20 PM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 88

387 posts
This is probably useless information, but I somehow actually have Crombi-KK R1 and Asus app "What's Next" hand shaking. The process was ugly and semi-accidental. It started when I accidentally broke my internal Zombi-X install (I run Crombi-KK on the micro-sd card via ROM2SD1). I won't go into that, except to say that by the time I was done, I had to also reinstall my external Crombi-KK. And that's where it got interesting. Even though I knew the Asus Calendar in 2.0 apps is broken, I decided to try a kludge of sorts and install it all, then "dirty" install an ultra minimalist (almost everything unselected) Crombi-KK again over the top of the Asus Apps install. Here's what happened the first time... I did indeed end up with a working "What's Next" -- and it was using the standard Google Calendar instead of the Asus Calendar. But I also got this:

Note the little line, "I'm feeling lucky"? I decided I was. And went on ahead. It was working, but that box kept popping up, and I for obvious reasons suspected I had two battling frameworks installed. So... I went back and this time installed a more normal version of Crombi-KK -- the standard one, if I recall right. And....

It worked. I have not gotten more error messages. I am still not sure what exactly I've done. But when I click events listed inside "What's Next" it pops the Google Calendar up flawlessly.

Hope this offers you a clue or two, Kansasboy001. Or at least some encouragement. I hope you haven't wearied of us all...

Sent from my TF700 running Zombi-X ROM or whatever comes next - 'Purity of Heart is to Will One Thing' - that ol' Jesus Freak Soren Kierkegaard
Last edited by shonkin; Yesterday at 03:24 PM.
Today, 06:25 AM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 88

387 posts
One more more orthodox attempt to get the current Asus Apps 2.0 to work with Crombi-KK. I *think* I found a way. Need others with some time to potentially waste to verify it.

First, clean wipe of the Crombi-KK install you have (or whatever other one you have).
Second, install Crombi-KK but intentionally unselect anything that seems less than necessary. (Oh, good, real scientific explanation!! Sorry, I should have logged it, but the main idea is to make the first install lean.)
Third, reboot, and (after using the small ROM2SD1.zip if you are installing to the micro-sd card) install the Asus Apps 2.0. Select *everything* EXCEPT... uncheck the calendar, and (this will raise eyebrows) uncheck the framework if it is checked.
Fourth, reboot the system. Select the Asus Launcher initially. Let's see what happens now.... what I got was a working Google calendar handshaking with the Asus "What's Next" app. Now maybe something else is broken. But I'm not seeing that yet.
Let me know anyone who tries this. I hope it works as well for you as it did for me.

Oh, and no, don't bother trying ART after all this. Zombie likes ART; Crombi-KK does not as far as I can tell (and I have tried). Waaay too much time put into this.

Sent from my TF700 running Zombi-X ROM or whatever comes next - 'Purity of Heart is to Will One Thing' - that ol' Jesus Freak Soren Kierkegaard
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread