[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][RC2] SlimKAT [4.4+][TF700T] v9.0 FINAL | Updated 2015-01-23

Search This thread

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
SlimKAT for Transformer Pad Infinity

7n2m.png

SlimROMs is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.

The entire SlimROMs team work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.

All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKAT is the project name for SlimROMs based on Android 4.4 and offers the following unique SlimROMs features :

FEATURES ::

-> The real dark Slim : Invert the whole ROM including Gapps with one click.
-> Slim Recents : A complete replacement of the AOSP recents screen to allow better multitasking, along with marking favourite apps.
-> SlimPIE : Based on CM's PIE, inspired by PA's PIE with a light touch of Slim. A true community feature.
-> Slim dialer : A full replacement of the official Google closed source dialer with added features.
-> Privacy guard : Disable unnecessary permissions set by app developers.
-> Shake Events : Shake your device to launch apps or secure it on lockscreen.
-> Notification reminder : An easy way to quickly set short reminders to show on the notification drawer.
-> Notification drawer and and lockscreen shortcuts : Access your most important apps from everywhere.
-> Custom Quick Settings Tiles : Why just settings? Use whatever you want.
-> Camera : Discover SlimROMs team unique Camera feature...

DISCLAIMER : every team mentioned below and myself will never ever be responsible for any damages you do to your device !

ALL CREDIT GOES TO AND ONLY TO :

-> SlimROMs team (ROM tree)
-> CyanogenMod team (device and kernel trees)
-> TheMuppets team (vendor tree)
-> SaberMod team (toolchains)

NOTE : i am not affiliated with any of the teams mentioned above...

THANKS TO :

-> @lj50036 (lot of help)
-> @JustArchi (build optimizations)

INSTALLATION : to install this ROM on your Transformer you'll need this checklist to be all checked ;)

1. latest ASUS bootloader (10.6.1.14.10) : if it's not the case IT WILL BE MANDATORY for you to upgrade your bootloader by flashing the latest ASUS firmware to your device BEFORE going further...
  2. unlocked bootloader : by using dedicated ASUS software...
  3. KK enabled custom recovery : regular / PhilZ CWM or TWRP (my preference goes to this last one...)
  4. my SlimKAT ROM file :good:
OPTIONAL : any AOSP GAPPs if you want to have Google Play services (i'm using PA-GAPPs micro-modular package by @TKruzze for example ;))

NOTE : SlimKAT is a KK 4.4+ ROM so if you want to activate ART instead of dalvik, simply go to 'settings/developer options' and select ART as runtime :good: BUT please do remember that ART is still under heavy development...

DOWNLOADS :

=> This ROM is DEODEXED : if you want to ODEX it (better battery life and better system wide responsiveness), then i do recommend that you use @MatrixDJ96 ODEXER tool available HERE ;)

• TWRP Recovery
    => Please give a look at @Dees_Troy TWRP download page for TF700T : HERE :good: ;)
  • SlimKAT ROM
    -> SlimKAT RC2 for TF700T Build 9.0 (2015-01-23) <= UNTESTED BY MYSELF ! Anyway feel free to report any bug back in this thread...
    -> TRYOUTS : none for the moment...

-> In SlimKAT root access needs to be activated like this : go to 'settings/developer options' and disable it, then go to 'settings/advanced settings/superuser' and set root access to 'apps/adb' (this will re-enable 'developer options' AND you will gain root access)

INFO : ALL DOWNLOADS ARE NOW ALSO AVAILABLE FROM THE DOWNLOADS TAB OF THIS PROJECT (at the top of this post) ;)

Happy flashing :D

CHANGELOG :

2014-08-22 : RC1 => INITIAL RELEASE

=> Please report back any bug you may find : this port is community driven !​

RC1 known bugs list :
=> bluetooth seems to be failing...​
=> DPI is wrong...​
=> Play Store has a very bad display...​
=> Dock battery status display does not exist...​

2014-08-23 : RC2

=> DPI is fixed​
=> Play Store bug is fixed​
=> bluetooth AND dock battery status display have to be implemented correctly... => TO BE FIXED​
=> ROM + kernel are now compiled with latest SaberMod TCs (GCC 4.8.5 for both), still with straight @JustArchi v3 optimizations applied ! (you can document yourself about it in his topic over HERE)...​
=> STILL TO BE FIXED -> dock battery status display : source code is ready :good: BUT i will try to apply it as soon as i can !​

NOTE : if you are interested in my work and download my files, please report back AND hit my 'THANKS!' button if you think i deserve it ! Thank you !​

PS : SlimKAT for TF700T is now featuring F2FS filesystem support for /data ONLY... (WIP)​
:victory: :good: <= Thanks to @lj50036 and the whole CROMBi-kk team :good:​
(TEMPORARILY REVERTED BACK)​

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimKAT for TF700T [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Asus Transformer TF700

Contributors
ne0zone75, lj50036
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest unlocked ASUS bootloader (10.6.1.14.10) and any KK enabled custom recovery...
Based On: SlimKAT

Version Information
Current Stable Version: RC2
Stable Release Date: 2014-08-23
Current Beta Version: TRYOUT

Created 2014-08-22
Last Updated 2015-02-23

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
SlimKAT RC1 Build 7.4 for TF700T is released !

Good afternoon,

Files have just finished uploading. Dev-Host download links are updated on post #1 (xda downloads tab will be updated later).

I've started my SlimKAT porting work with TF300T and acquired some experience with it. Now, my TF300T is sold and i replaced it with a TF701T. So, some of you may be wondering why i am offering my SlimKAT ports to devices i do not own AND why i am not offering anything to devices i do own... the answer is simple : it is just a hobby and i like it ! (and i've already planned to release SlimKAT for TF701T ;))

Furthermore, i do really like SlimKAT AND the Transformer Pad series. :D

INSTALLATION / UPGRADE procedures :

-> INSTALLATION : please follow regular guidelines if coming from ASUS stock ROM; if coming from another custom ROM, then please proceed with the UPGRADE procedure...
-> UPGRADE : since i am releasing it today, please perform a clean install; for upcoming updates, ONLY a dirty flash could be OK. (in my opinion, please prefer a clean install everytime you flash your device with the same custom ROM...)

My best regards

PS : This ROM has been compiled with ORACLE Java 1.7, with @JustArchi v3 optimizations (Linaro GCC 4.7 / 4.8 for kernel / ROM) :good:

Last edited:

Malave

Sep 7, 2011
Running this on my phone. Happy to see it here. Will install asap and report back.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: ne0zone75

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
@ne0zone75

Nice to see you are still with us .. :p

I am going to give this a run tonight ...

Can we get the links to your source in the OP ?

Thx Josh

Hi Josh,

Thank you ! Hoping that it is running... :p :fingers-crossed:

Of course Yes ! My altered SlimKAT sources tree will be available though GitHub (the link is in the summary of this DevDB project) as soon as i can ;) (and as soon i will have clearly understood how to push commits to my GitHub repository :mad: :p)

Cheers

Tapatalked from my TF701T

Reactions: AJM-hackers

Malave

Sep 7, 2011
Booted up fine. Got a bluetooth share has stopped message during initial setup. The playstore colors are off and the store itself is too small for the screen. I used the pa micro gapps and slim gapps with a clean wipe both times and the weird colors in the playstore was present each time. A dpi issue? The ui is really small also the app icon.I set the fonts to huge to make it better but the status bar, navigation bar and notification drawer are small. All of the custom options worked fine and the overall feel of the rom is very nice and snappy. Thank you for the rom.

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Booted up fine. Got a bluetooth share has stopped message during initial setup. The playstore colors are off and the store itself is too small for the screen. I used the pa micro gapps and slim gapps with a clean wipe both times and the weird colors in the playstore was present each time. A dpi issue? The ui is really small also the app icon.I set the fonts to huge to make it better but the status bar, navigation bar and notification drawer are small. All of the custom options worked fine and the overall feel of the rom is very nice and snappy. Thank you for the rom.

Good evening and thanks a lot for trying it out ! :good: :cool:

I will take your report from A to Z :

-> BT issue is not surprising me at all because it never worked OOTB across all my SlimKAT ports BUT i found a solution to get it working for my S4 mini ports => replace the whole SlimKAT bluetooth subsystem by CyanogenMod' s one ! :cowboy: This one will be fixed for RC2.
-> Play Store issue is coming from a bug in Linaro GCC 4.8.3 (ONLY SaberMod one is clean of it AFAIK...) so it will be fixed for RC2 too.
-> UI issue is there because i forgot to add a resource in the overlay of the device's tree : RC2 will not have this one too !

I am really happy that you are enjoying it BUT i do know (from what you are writing...) that it is quite unusable as a daily ROM; anyway RC2 will be free of these 3 major but not critical bugs and i really hope that i will have enough freetime to rebuild and upload it this W.E. :good:

It would be interesting if you could post some benchmarks screenshots here : like Antutu or whatever you like when running stock and custom kernels; i would really appreciate this ! ;)

Be well,

Cheers

PS : BTW i've just checked the DPI value over HERE and it seems that the TF700T is using a value of 224 ! In this build DPI is set to 182 ! I guess i will have to fix this too... :p

Last edited:

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Good evening and thanks a lot for trying it out ! :good: :cool:

I will take your report from A to Z :

-> BT issue is not surprising me at all because it never worked OOTB across all my SlimKAT ports BUT i found a solution to get it working for my S4 mini ports => replace the whole SlimKAT bluetooth subsystem by CyanogenMod' s one ! :cowboy: This one will be fixed for RC2.
-> Play Store issue is coming from a bug in Linaro GCC 4.8.3 (ONLY SaberMod one is clean of it AFAIK...) so it will be fixed for RC2 too.
-> UI issue is there because i forgot to add a resource in the overlay of the device's tree : RC2 will not have this one too !

I am really happy that you are enjoying it BUT i do know (from what you are writing...) that it is quite unusable as a daily ROM; anyway RC2 will be free of these 3 major but not critical bugs and i really hope that i will have enough freetime to rebuild and upload it this W.E. :good:

It would be interesting if you could post some benchmarks screenshots here : like Antutu or whatever you like when running stock and custom kernels; i would really appreciate this ! ;)

Be well,

Cheers

PS : BTW i've just checked the DPI value over HERE and it seems that the TF700T is using a value of 224 ! In this build DPI is set to 182 ! I guess i will have to fix this too... :p

Stock Asus DPI is 240. ;) 224 is useable but can cause issues with the play store.

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Asus stock is 240 dpi.
Physical resolution is 224 dpi.
Nearest value that makes no problems with the Play store is 213 dpi (aka "tvdpi").

Good evening,

Shall i set DPI to 213 into build.prop ? or 240 ?!

Anyway huge thanks to everyone of you for making things clearer ! :good:

Good night

Reactions: AJM-hackers

Malave

Sep 7, 2011
Benchmark with stock kernal. Antutu and Quadrant. I'm looking forward to the next release.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-22.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-22.png
    134.8 KB · Views: 205
  • Screenshot_2014-08-22-17-47-22.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-22-17-47-22.png
    211.1 KB · Views: 228

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimKAT for Transformer Pad Infinity

7n2m.png

SlimROMs is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.

The entire SlimROMs team work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.

All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKAT is the project name for SlimROMs based on Android 4.4 and offers the following unique SlimROMs features :

FEATURES ::

-> The real dark Slim : Invert the whole ROM including Gapps with one click.
    -> Slim Recents : A complete replacement of the AOSP recents screen to allow better multitasking, along with marking favourite apps.
    -> SlimPIE : Based on CM's PIE, inspired by PA's PIE with a light touch of Slim. A true community feature.
    -> Slim dialer : A full replacement of the official Google closed source dialer with added features.
    -> Privacy guard : Disable unnecessary permissions set by app developers.
    -> Shake Events : Shake your device to launch apps or secure it on lockscreen.
    -> Notification reminder : An easy way to quickly set short reminders to show on the notification drawer.
    -> Notification drawer and and lockscreen shortcuts : Access your most important apps from everywhere.
    -> Custom Quick Settings Tiles : Why just settings? Use whatever you want.
    -> Camera : Discover SlimROMs team unique Camera feature...

DISCLAIMER : every team mentioned below and myself will never ever be responsible for any damages you do to your device !

ALL CREDIT GOES TO AND ONLY TO :

-> SlimROMs team (ROM tree)
    -> CyanogenMod team (device and kernel trees)
    -> TheMuppets team (vendor tree)
    -> SaberMod team (toolchains)

NOTE : i am not affiliated with any of the teams mentioned above...

THANKS TO :

-> @lj50036 (lot of help)
    -> @JustArchi (build optimizations)

INSTALLATION : to install this ROM on your Transformer you'll need this checklist to be all checked ;)

1. latest ASUS bootloader (10.6.1.14.10) : if it's not the case IT WILL BE MANDATORY for you to upgrade your bootloader by flashing the latest ASUS firmware to your device BEFORE going further...
    2. unlocked bootloader : by using dedicated ASUS software...
    3. KK enabled custom recovery : regular / PhilZ CWM or TWRP (my preference goes to this last one...)
    4. my SlimKAT ROM file :good:
    OPTIONAL : any AOSP GAPPs if you want to have Google Play services (i'm using PA-GAPPs micro-modular package by @TKruzze for example ;))

NOTE : SlimKAT is a KK 4.4+ ROM so if you want to activate ART instead of dalvik, simply go to 'settings/developer options' and select ART as runtime :good: BUT please do remember that ART is still under heavy development...

DOWNLOADS :

=> This ROM is DEODEXED : if you want to ODEX it (better battery life and better system wide responsiveness), then i do recommend that you use @MatrixDJ96 ODEXER tool available HERE ;)

• TWRP Recovery
      => Please give a look at @Dees_Troy TWRP download page for TF700T : HERE :good: ;)
    • SlimKAT ROM
      -> SlimKAT RC2 for TF700T Build 9.0 (2015-01-23) <= UNTESTED BY MYSELF ! Anyway feel free to report any bug back in this thread...
      -> TRYOUTS : none for the moment...

-> In SlimKAT root access needs to be activated like this : go to 'settings/developer options' and disable it, then go to 'settings/advanced settings/superuser' and set root access to 'apps/adb' (this will re-enable 'developer options' AND you will gain root access)

INFO : ALL DOWNLOADS ARE NOW ALSO AVAILABLE FROM THE DOWNLOADS TAB OF THIS PROJECT (at the top of this post) ;)

Happy flashing :D

CHANGELOG :

2014-08-22 : RC1 => INITIAL RELEASE

=> Please report back any bug you may find : this port is community driven !​

RC1 known bugs list :
    => bluetooth seems to be failing...​
    => DPI is wrong...​
    => Play Store has a very bad display...​
    => Dock battery status display does not exist...​

2014-08-23 : RC2

=> DPI is fixed​
    => Play Store bug is fixed​
    => bluetooth AND dock battery status display have to be implemented correctly... => TO BE FIXED​
    => ROM + kernel are now compiled with latest SaberMod TCs (GCC 4.8.5 for both), still with straight @JustArchi v3 optimizations applied ! (you can document yourself about it in his topic over HERE)...​
    => STILL TO BE FIXED -> dock battery status display : source code is ready :good: BUT i will try to apply it as soon as i can !​

NOTE : if you are interested in my work and download my files, please report back AND hit my 'THANKS!' button if you think i deserve it ! Thank you !​

PS : SlimKAT for TF700T is now featuring F2FS filesystem support for /data ONLY... (WIP)​
    :victory: :good: <= Thanks to @lj50036 and the whole CROMBi-kk team :good:​
    (TEMPORARILY REVERTED BACK)​

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimKAT for TF700T [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Asus Transformer TF700

Contributors
    ne0zone75, lj50036
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest unlocked ASUS bootloader (10.6.1.14.10) and any KK enabled custom recovery...
    Based On: SlimKAT

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: RC2
    Stable Release Date: 2014-08-23
    Current Beta Version: TRYOUT

Created 2014-08-22
    Last Updated 2015-02-23
    Very important announcement !

Good afternoon,

Today i am announcing that i am freezing again all my xda projects; i am really sad about it and i am feeling quite unlucky because after the data disaster that i did overcome, something really bad is happening to me : someone very close to me just get very badly sick ! So, i am absolutely not in mood to spend time for android anymore these days !

Nevertheless, i am not discontinuing all my my current xda projects yet ! I am slowing them down a lot that is all ! Updates will still come for each one !

-> TWRP for S4 mini and Transformer will get regular updates...
    -> SlimKat for S4 mini and Transformer will get less frequent updates (maybe one in a month...) it will let me to have enough time to make things right !

Meanwhile, if any of you who is reading these lines would like to take ownership of my xda threads in order to go further with my work, then just PM me, just in case i would take the decision to definitely stop my work over xda !

Kind regards

PS : I will make a huge cleanup in each opening posts of all my current xda threads ASAP !
    Haha, I think that I found a solution for the gcc-4.8/4.9 for the kernel on the tf700t...:D I need more tests and get back to you if it actually works...:highfive:

Well, it would be a very good news if it works ! :good: You do have all my support ! ;)

BTW @JustArchi found, with the suggestion of contributors of his 'build optimizations' thread, an elegant way to workaround the 'Play Store' display bug issue occuring with official Linaro toolchains ! ;)

Keep up your efforts ! ;) :good:

Current weekly (7.6) will come as TRYOUT...

This week, build 7.6 will come as TRYOUT and let me explain to you why :

-> it is a very significant build (on my part) because i do not use CyanogenMod source trees anymore BUT those of CROMBi-kk instead (device+kernel). Let me thank @sbdags @lj50036 and @hardslog a lot because they simply showed me THE way ! "You are awesome guys !". This implies several things... :
    -> kernel of this TRYOUT is fully F2FS enabled AND is based off CM's one !
    -> it has been compiled with UBERUTILS GCC 4.8 (instead of 4.7 previously)

So 7.6 should be really fast (ROM still compiled with UBERUTILS GCC 4.8) AND could benefit of F2FS at any time (the ROM installer is fully EXT4 but if you alter it a little bit, it can be turned into F2FS easily) OOTB !

Installer will be available for download shortly,

Stay tuned !