Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,673 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from ne0zone75: This project is almost unfreezed ATM... ;)

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][RC2] SlimKat [4.4+][TF700T] Build 7.8 | Updated 2014-09-03

Tip us?

DanRo80
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0zone75 View Post
Good evening,

Yes ! Indeed...

Which kernel are you using please ?! Can you provide details about your setup ? (what did you flash or install in addition to basic ROM installer, except APPs installed from 'Play Store'....)

Anyway please install 'CPU Spy' APP, freely available from the 'Play Store' and let it run for some hours... then post a screenshot of it in this thread, thanks !

Kind regards
I'm using Grimlocks kernel. Although it is getting great battery life now. It must have been a fluke. Thank You for a great Rom.
Motorola Moto X - 32GB TMO XT1053 - Rooted - Stock 4.4 w/ some Xposed Modules
Asus Transformer TF700 - 64GB w/ keyboard dock - Unlocked, Rooted - running CMB 4.4.2 w/ some Xposed Modules
Nexus 7 - 32GB 3G TMO - Unlocked, Rooted - Stock 4.4.2 w/ some Xposed Modules
The Following User Says Thank You to DanRo80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ne0zone75
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by qzmicro View Post
Can anyone tell me please if I need to do anything with my recovery, kernel or bootloader prior to trying to use this MOD? I have already installed the kitkat version of Chrombi. Not sure what TWRP I have (thought I believe it is _that's version.) Please advsie, thanks. I run SlimKat on my other devices and would like to use it on this one as well. Cheers!

-Tony

P.s. I'm going to wait on v8. I'll be checking back often. Thanks all...
Since you already have a CROMBi-kk working setup, you are ready to go as is (bootloader AND recovery are okay) Nevertheless you will have to install a custom kernel again after having flashed my ROM installer if you do not think that embedded one will suit your needs...

FYI my Transformer series SlimKat ports are using CROMBi-kk device and kernel trees...

Regards

ne0zone75
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRo80 View Post
I'm using Grimlocks kernel. Although it is getting great battery life now. It must have been a fluke. Thank You for a great Rom.
I am glad that you are happy with it now

Be well

ne0zone75
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 966
Exclamation Data disaster !

Good afternoon,

Because i've had a hard drive failure AND because i am not using GitHub the way i should, i've lost almost every single piece of my work about all my current and upcoming projects over xda (TWRP AND SlimKat ports for S4 mini & Transformer series)

That is not that bad to start again from scratch sometimes...

Anyway, it will take some time for me to have working sources trees again so please be patient...

I cannot give you any ETA about a release date of any update regarding any of my projects and please do not ask for it...

Furthermore, i am quite overloaded at work and i have less and less free time to take for Android !

Updates will come in that order (if everything goes well...) :

-> SlimKat build 8.x : S4 mini series <= before the end of september 2014 (probably next week...)
-> SlimKat build 8.x : Transformer series <= before the end of september 2014 (after S4 mini series update is released...)
-> TWRP v2.8.x.x : S4 mini series + Transformer series at last !

Finally i am aware that the OPs of my current projects are quite messy and i apologize for that !

Thank you all for your understanding

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,912

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0zone75 View Post
Good afternoon,

Because i've had a hard drive failure AND because i am not using GitHub the way i should, i've lost almost every single piece of my work about all my current and upcoming projects over xda (TWRP AND SlimKat ports for S4 mini & Transformer series)

That is not that bad to start again from scratch sometimes...

Anyway, it will take some time for me to have working sources trees again so please be patient...

I cannot give you any ETA about a release date of any update regarding any of my projects and please do not ask for it...

Furthermore, i am quite overloaded at work and i have less and less free time to take for Android !

Updates will come in that order (if everything goes well...) :

-> SlimKat build 8.x : S4 mini series <= before the end of september 2014 (probably next week...)
-> SlimKat build 8.x : Transformer series <= before the end of september 2014 (after S4 mini series update is released...)
-> TWRP v2.8.x.x : S4 mini series + Transformer series at last !

Finally i am aware that the OPs of my current projects are quite messy and i apologize for that !

Thank you all for your understanding
Sorry to hear that but should remind us all why it is important to keep backups
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]