Crosstoolchain discussion for TF700t!

24th September 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,259

1,325 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMeKnow

There are a few things that you need to pay attention to.
1. Neon-VFPv3 is for Cortex-a8 and not for a9. You may want to flag it as neon-fp16..
2. I believed that your toolchain is targetting linux kernel version 3.4.x or something but not for version 3.1.10.
3. I have the same issues with my owm builds gcc-4.8/4.9 without any solution.
4. Try some of -Ofast flag to see the improvement on v3.1.10

Good luck....

Just an FYI

I took the plunge and tried a new toolchain. Ended up trying a 4.9 linaro one for the Grimlock Kernel. Works like a champ on my TF300t. HOWEVER for some reason it will not even boot on a TF700. I'm told it vibrates and the screen goes all white or something. So here is the question:

Why would new toolchains work fine on a TF300 but not on a TF700? One of the transformers' great mysteries
The Following User Says Thank You to hardslog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 597

1,481 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardslog

Just an FYI

I took the plunge and tried a new toolchain. Ended up trying a 4.9 linaro one for the Grimlock Kernel. Works like a champ on my TF300t. HOWEVER for some reason it will not even boot on a TF700. I'm told it vibrates and the screen goes all white or something. So here is the question:

Why would new toolchains work fine on a TF300 but not on a TF700? One of the transformers' great mysteries

Thanks for the information and very good quedtion....

Here is my wild guess because the chipset is using in the tf700t, cortex-a9 t33... I checked the diffs on gcc4.7 and gcc4.9 and tried to match all libraries in hope that I could narrow down the bug but it was failed. There was one time that I succeeded boot into the tf700 with my compiled gcc4.9 and thought that I found the bug but if I rebooted it, it got back to the graphical issue, flicking screen... If I rebooted a few more times then the tf700 was working again. I did all my best to figure out the bug but it was a big failure at the end. That is how far it goes as of today... I don't know enough to solve the mysteries and hope that someone else will....
The Following User Says Thank You to LetMeKnow For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,259

1,325 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMeKnow

Thanks for the information and very good quedtion....

Here is my wild guess because the chipset is using in the tf700t, cortex-a9 t33... I checked the diffs on gcc4.7 and gcc4.9 and tried to match all libraries in hope that I could narrow down the bug but it was failed. There was one time that I succeeded boot into the tf700 with my compiled gcc4.9 and thought that I found the bug but if I rebooted it, it got back to the graphical issue, flicking screen... If I rebooted a few more times then the tf700 was working again. I did all my best to figure out the bug but it was a big failure at the end. That is how far it goes as of today... I don't know enough to solve the mysteries and hope that someone else will....

Have you tried to compile a stock TF700 kernel with a 4.8 or 4.9 toolchain? I'm asking because _that kernel and Grimlock kernel actually change the cpu_speedo_id of the TF700 from 5 to 12

For reference check this commit: https://github.com/Hardslog/grimlock...e576a02ed7R160

I can only go so far with testing as I don't own a TF700........
The Following User Says Thank You to hardslog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 597

1,481 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardslog

Have you tried to compile a stock TF700 kernel with a 4.8 or 4.9 toolchain? I'm asking because _that kernel and Grimlock kernel actually change the cpu_speedo_id of the TF700 from 5 to 12

For reference check this commit: https://github.com/Hardslog/grimlock...e576a02ed7R160

I can only go so far with testing as I don't own a TF700........

No, I have not but it is a good idea to try out. I have a few more days before leaving for two weeks... I will report back before the weekend, thanks again...

BTW, have you try some -Ofast flags, not the -Ofast itself? Some of them are working very well with tf700 kernel..

Update: I don't have time to try your recommendation because I am preparing for my business trip. I will give it a test when I am back...
Last edited by LetMeKnow; 27th September 2014 at 04:00 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread